East Reconstruction

Fife Journeyman

Fair point. With about 60 clubs there are only really 3 options:

* the previous system (5 small divisions - 2 region-wide, 3 districts)

* the current system (4 larger divisions - 2 region-wide, 2 districts)

* the system Lochgelly proposed which wasn't voted on (4 larger divisions - 1 region-wide, 3 districts)

As things stand, it really is just a choice between keeping what we have, or going back to the previous set-up (or a version of it) and all the flaws it had, which many complained about anyway.

It's a waste of time.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not all fife clubs want a fife league. Imo the current set up is the best we have. The only negative a have is that too many teams are relegated from premier each season. A play off type arrangement could potentially be better but overall there's not a lot wrong with current set up

Not all fife clubs want a fife league. Imo the current set up is the best we have. The only negative a have is that too many teams are relegated from premier each season. A play off type arrangement could potentially be better but overall there's not a lot wrong with current set up

Good to hear.

I think you have to have 2 up from each District - you guys went up finishing second in the South remember - and 4 down from a 16 team league is about the limit. A play-off just further restricts the chances of clubs from the Districts going up and I think a high turnover of clubs each season is healthy. I'd go further and scrap the Super/Premier play-off and go straight three up/three down, Sauchie had to wait too long to play Lochee, which is unfair.

That said, it's just tinkering, and you're right, not a lot wrong with the basic structure.

Down solely to Harthill Royal withdrawing just before the season started and Crossgates withdrawing halfway through. Not an every day occurrence! Imagine what would have happened if it was a 12 team league to start with..........

Let's hope it's not an everyday occurrence but only time will tell. Only stating that these short leagues do and will happen in the current format as well so no real argument there imo. For the record I like super and premier the way it is. South/North isn't ideal imo but then I don't really have an idea that is ideal. As I've always said its only a handful of five club that it really effects. I also think that if any vote was held about it, then it would stay as it was hands down.

Let's hope it's not an everyday occurrence but only time will tell. Only stating that these short leagues do and will happen in the current format as well so no real argument there imo. For the record I like super and premier the way it is. South/North isn't ideal imo but then I don't really have an idea that is ideal. As I've always said its only a handful of five club that it really effects. I also think that if any vote was held about it, then it would stay as it was hands down.

Yeah they do happen under certain circumstances and last season was an example of that, no argument there, but it looks like we're heading back towards 16 team District Leagues again. Harthill Royal have taken a second season out but say they will be back the following season, and renovation work is ongoing at their ground. That's 15 if things remain the same, with a strong possibility of another EoSFL club applying, that's your 16 - if two clubs are relegated into the South of course.

I'm not saying every club is happy about the set-up, that's evident, but if we're attracting clubs from the EoSFL then we must be doing something right. Let's not drop the ball.

Archived