The Universe

It's the biggest thing in the, well, universe, so let's fucking discuss it.

I'm an utter space geek and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

What things about the cosmos do you particularly dig, fellow forummers?

I love the sheer mind blowing scale of it. I love it's extremities, such as Gamma ray bursts, supernovae, Pulsars, Neutron stars, hot Jupiters, the lot.

Share your love of space, chums.

Surely i can't be the only one on here who just loves staring at the stars.

Same, shame we live in such a cloudy country!

Also, one of my favorite videos on the side of the universe

Really interested and fascinated in astrophysics and cosmology, me

To be honest I just fucking love science in general, we should have a topic dedicated to discussing and sharing cool science related stuff.

I hope the mods know what they are in for with this thread.

If our banned astrophysicist, Paulo Sergio fails to make appearances under no less than 12 different alias' I for one will be amazed.

They say they reckon there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth, our Sun being just one of them. No idea how they work that out but I hope it's a true fact and not just another scientific myth passed off as fact.

Scale is awesome. Just imagine going from sub-atomic to universe size... Why couldn't you get another jump of that magnitude?!

Edited by Hedgecutter

I love the sheer mind blowing scale of it. I love it's extremities, such as Gamma ray bursts, supernovae, Pulsars, Neutron stars, hot Jupiters, the lot.

Is this you "sounding the horn" to Paulo, fide?! :P

Astrophysics was right up his alley (as well as imaginary gf's)!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I have a telescope and I can see Uranus from here :barf

I hope the mods know what they are in for with this thread.

If our banned astrophysicist, Paulo Sergio fails to make appearances under no less than 12 different alias' I for one will be amazed.

They say they reckon there are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth, our Sun being just one of them. No idea how they work that out but I hope it's a true fact and not just another scientific myth passed off as fact. Scale is awesome. Just imagine going from sub-atomic to universe size... Why couldn't you get another jump of that magnitude?!

They also say there's more Paulo Sergio aliases on the Internet than there is grains of sand on the Earth

The universe fascinates me. The sheer scale of it is incomprehensibles. Looking at stars on a clear night is one of life's pleasures.

Anyone who believes that in the depths of space no other planet sustains life, is a moron

Looking at stars and thinking that you could be looking at something the doesn't exist anymore is pretty cool or sad.

I also believe that intelligent life exists but the universe is set out in such a way that its impossible for species to contact or visit each other.

I usually try and catch the sky at night but think its a travesty that this program is on so late when you see some of the trash on tv these days. Surely giving people more understanding about the universe is a good thing and might help some overcome their insecurities that can cause racism and hatred.

Some people don't think any deeper than beer, tits and football though.