The Universe

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dorlomin said:

Crazy few seconds of footage of the crew being rocked about inside the capsule before they cut the feed, just sitting motionless apart from the rocking. I wonder what they were thinking in that moment...

1 minute ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Crazy few seconds of footage of the crew being rocked about inside the capsule before they cut the feed, just sitting motionless apart from the rocking. I wonder what they were thinking in that moment...

Probably "Well I wont be wearing these drawers again".

20181011115025_752338.jpeg

Crew now safe and being monitored but....

CRT's!   

Edited

"You know that weird jolt on the way to space, well if we turn that thing on and Gorbachev is still president of the USSR...."

Edited by dorlomin

39 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

CRT's!   

Edited

"You know that weird jolt on the way to space, well if we turn that thing on and Gorbachev is still president of the USSR...."

Jings wid ye tak a swatch at that telly ,  "portable Health monitor"

4 hours ago, dorlomin said:

CRT's!   

Edited

'Cheer up comrade. At least we made it higher than the 123 metre spire of Salisbury cathedral."

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2018 at 17:58, welshbairn said:

I wonder why Ariane haven't developed transport for astronauts to the Space Station. A few bob in it I believe.

The ESAs budget is about 5 billion Euros. NASA's budget is $20 billion. The US has a vastly larger budget to fund the development of new manned space hardware. It is much cheaper for the ESA to buy seats on Soyuz than pay for a crewed vehicle that would only have one or two flights a year at the most. 

Mystery interstellar asteroid Oumuamua 'could be gigantic alien solar sail sent to look for signs of life'

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/mystery-interstellar-asteroid-oumuamua-could-be-gigantic-alien-solar-sail-sent-to-look-for-signs-of-a3979891.html