Worst Ever Sitcom

Erm....that's sort of the point.

In conclusion; Garth Marenghi's Darkplace was immense.

Lol I do get that... Just not for me. Utter nonsense (yeah I know it's not to be taken seriously) still doesn't make it not pish tho.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Bang Theory scoops Critics' Choice TV Awards

_68102886_kaley_ap.jpgKaley Cuoco won for best supporting actress in a comedy series for The Big Bang Theory

Hit US sitcom The Big Bang Theory took home the most prizes from the Critics' Choice TV Awards in Los Angeles, scooping three awards.

The show was named best comedy series, while its stars Simon Helberg and Kaley Cuoco were named best supporting actor and actress respectively.

There was a tie for best drama, with Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad sharing the award.

Bryan Cranston won best actor in a drama for his role in the series.

It was the second consecutive year he took the honour for playing teacher turned drug dealer Walter White.

British actors Damian Lewis, Andrew Lincoln and Matthew Rhys were also nominated for their roles in Homeland, The Walking Dead and The Americans respectively.

Tatiana Maslany was named best actress in a drama for her work in new BBC America show Orphan Black.

Claire Danes, Julianna Margulies and Elisabeth Moss were also shortlisted for Homeland, The Good Wife and Mad Men respectively.

Moss was successful in the best actress in a movie or mini-series category, however, winning for upcoming BBC drama Top of the Lake.

Michael Douglas won the equivalent best actor prize for his portrayal of Liberace in Behind the Candelabra, beating his co-star Matt Damon.

Al Pacino also missed out for his role in HBO's Phil Spector, as did Brits Benedict Cumberbatch for Parade's End, Toby Jones for The Girl and Dominic West for The Hour.

_68100390_68100385.jpgSarah Paulson and Zachary Quinto won awards for their roles in American Horror Story: Asylum

Steven Soderbergh's Liberace film also collected the honour for best movie or mini-series.

Louis CK was named best actor in a comedy series for his show Louie for the second consecutive year, while Julia Louis-Dreyfus was named best comedy actress for Veep.

Jane Fonda, meanwhile, picked up an award for best guest performer in a drama for her turn in Aaron Sorkin's The Newsroom.

Star Trek star Zachary Quinto and Sarah Paulson received best supporting actor awards for their parts in the mini-series American Horror Story: Asylum.

Archer was named best animated series, The Voice won best competition reality series, while Tom Bergeron took the award for best reality host for Dancing with the Stars.

House of Cards received two acting nominations at the awards - one for Kevin Spacey and another for co-star Corey Stoll.

Although neither won, the Netflix show's inclusion at an awards ceremony that previously only recognised network and cable television was significant.

The awards were handed out by the Broadcast Television Journalists Association. A full list of winners is on the Critics' Choice website.

WTF ?! :o

Two and a Half Men is atrocious shite without Charlie but even towards the end of his run it was pretty duff. Never seen the attraction of Ashton Kutcher, one heck of an irritating unfunny tosser. However the earlier seasons are still good to watch, probably as good as Friends was.

• 2 weeks later...

His original 1940's bit on the side was well tidy.....in fact I know so as I sat next to her on the train in London on my way back home from Uni in the 90's :wub:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

she must have been a good age at that point

8)

I watched Sh*! My Dad Says for the first time a couple of nights ago and there is no chance I will be watching it again. Also 2 Broke Girls is one of the worst sitcoms on at the moment .

I watched Sh*! My Dad Says for the first time a couple of nights ago and there is no chance I will be watching it again. Also 2 Broke Girls is one of the worst sitcoms on at the moment .

My wife watches 2 Broke Girls. 95% of it is dire but every so often they come up with a great line.

My wife watches 2 Broke Girls. 95% of it is dire but every so often they come up with a great line.

Kat dennings chebs are quite interesting as well..

Forgot about two Jim Davidson 'vehicles' starring the afore mentioned BEAST as cheeky cockney wide-o Jim London(!)

Up the elephant and round the castle

and spin off

Home James.

Both Itv shite, as bad as you would expect. Also agree with only fools and horses. I could never see why it was held in such high regard.

Was thinking of elephant myself. Thought it was on channel 4 but you are probably correct.

Channel 4 had some dodgy shows on the other side of the ethnic coin in No problem and Desmond. Shite:(

there was a sitcom on ITV (hmm... :rolleyes: ) in 1990 called "Not with a bang" that had a good idea but turned out to be shite. Must have been the rugby league that did it...

During a demonstration on TV science programme The World Tomorrow, presenter Judith Hann accidentally spills a dangerous liquid and sets off a chain of events that causes the entire population of the world to die. All, that is, except Colin and Brian who meet some time after the devastation has subsided. They don't like each other all that much, but try to make sense and cope with it all by getting on with their old lives - mainly going to the pub and discussing Rugby League. One day they encounter a married couple who have also survived the holocaust, and they set up a mini-community together.

Our Review: Another off-the-wall comedy from the writing team responsible forA Small Problem. Released on to the airwaves with very little fanfare, this low-budget show soon fell flat after a pleasing start.

Archived