Sign in to follow this  
Ric

Man beheaded in Woolwich

phasma - I meant European Human rights.... ( so not us / china etc ) - I just thought I read somewhere quite recently that there had to be the chance of release ? I'm not sticking up for anyone BTW - It seems reasonable to me that these guys should never be walking the streets again - cutting someones head off in broad daylight !!! But I thought that that there had to be an " idea of rehabilitation " ..... ? As far as I was aware - I thought the people that were locked up " indefinitely " were people with " psychiatric disorders " such as the Yorkshire ripper etc - even that had a flaw in it as if you could " prove you were sane " or prove you were NOW sane you could be released..... I'm sure there are P+Bers who know better than me though :)

Fair 'nuff re locale...

I did grow up with a boy who killed his granny re your other point.

That was 24? years ago and he has never been convicted. They will only try him ''if'' he is declared sane. Then it'll be life.

dULnYzM.jpg

Fucking hell.

I laugh at the "bring back hanging" brigade on Facebook. Yeah, I'm sure the folk in charge of the country are looking at wee Wilma fae west calder's Facebook page status update "how mny lykes for hanging the woolworths murdirurs"

That's ridiculous. Pandering to the very lowest common denominator there.

The Daily Star ARE the lowest common denominator.

I literally have never seen such shit stories on the front page of a national newspaper.

The only time I ever look at a newspaper nowadays is when I'm waiting in the barbers ( every barbers seems to have newspapers lying around to read )

In fairness at least one on the islamofascists wanted to be martyred .

All the more reason to keep him alive. :thumsup2

"how mny lykes for hanging the woolworths murdirurs"

Whoever replaced Woolworths with Poundland deserves a medal IMO. Same stuff, but only a quid! Leave them alone.

From the bbc

" Michael Adebolajo has been given a whole-life term and Michael Adebowale has been jailed for a minimum of 45 years for murdering Fusilier Lee Rigby. "

I didn't think you could get a " whole lifetime " sentence anymore ? I thought it was against human rights ? Apparently not !

The European court of human rights said that we need to offer a chance of release, suggesting review needed after 25 years meaning whole life sentences wouldn't be legal.

However the high court ruled last week that as there is the opportunity to be released by the justice sec(I.e on compassionate grounds for terminally ill) then they are legal. I don't think the ECHR has responded yet(I expect we will be told to f**k off and carry out the original ruling) but for now judges have been told to hand down whole life terms when appropriate.

Bring back hanging? Aye because the UK isn't stuck enough in the past as it is.

It just shows who are the complete morons, those calling for it.

The European court of human rights said that we need to offer a chance of release, suggesting review needed after 25 years meaning whole life sentences wouldn't be legal.

However the high court ruled last week that as there is the opportunity to be released by the justice sec(I.e on compassionate grounds for terminally ill) then they are legal. I don't think the ECHR has responded yet(I expect we will be told to f**k off and carry out the original ruling) but for now judges have been told to hand down whole life terms when appropriate.

Cheers for the explanation parsforlife :thumsup2

phasma - I meant European Human rights.... ( so not us / china etc ) - I just thought I read somewhere quite recently that there had to be the chance of release ? I'm not sticking up for anyone BTW - It seems reasonable to me that these guys should never be walking the streets again - cutting someones head off in broad daylight !!! But I thought that that there had to be an " idea of rehabilitation " ..... ? As far as I was aware - I thought the people that were locked up " indefinitely " were people with " psychiatric disorders " such as the Yorkshire ripper etc - even that had a flaw in it as if you could " prove you were sane " or prove you were NOW sane you could be released..... I'm sure there are P+Bers who know better than me though :)

Not so much a 'flaw', but Mental Health law.

You are entitled to a tribunal each year to review your case.

They can release you if you are fit.

Panel comprises a judge, independant psychiatrist, and a lay person.

For those who have comitted grave crimes, any decision to release goes to the Parole board, who have the final say.

In past times folk were kept in asylums when they didn't need to be, hence the law now in place.

Man who willingly signed his life over to train up in killing, violence and coercion, in exchange for cold hard cash, gets violently killed.

Why the extremely selective and hypocritical outpouring of grief and anger? It's only ok when 'our boys', the heroes, dish it out?

Edited by banana

Man who willingly signed his life over to train up in killing, violence and coercion, in exchange for cold hard cash, gets violently killed.

Why the extremely selective and hypocritical outpouring of grief and anger? It's only ok when 'our boys', the heroes, dish it out?

post-25521-0-32669800-1393474551_thumb.j