Man beheaded in Woolwich

Ric

Tabloid pish, so you do think it's drivel that he is on benefits.

Mr Choudhary is indeed on benefits. perhaps you should read more.

From that home of Racism, the Graun, written by well known white supremacist and all round right winger left wing Muslim Mehdi Hasan.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/belief/2010/jan/04/anjum-choudary-wootton-bassett

Also

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/National/article1268092.ece

Lovely, but not the information i was looking for.

Anyway, perhaps now you can tell me why the fact that he is on benefits is important? We'll ignore the healthcare bullshit because everyone is entitled to that regardless.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, perhaps now you can tell me why the fact that he is on benefits is important? We'll ignore the healthcare bullshit because everyone is entitled to that regardless.

The fact that these jokers claim benefits is one of the least offensive things about them, but I suppose it's useful in showing off folk's priorities.

There are more than a billion muslims worldwide and over 2 million in the UK.

If they are at war with us then we should consider ourselves lucky. They've killed less than 100 people in the UK since whenever anyone claims this 'war' started which would make them the most innefective fighting force in human history.

The fact is we aren't at war with islam. WE are at war with terrorism and islamic extremism. There are only 2 ways to win a war of this type, seperate the extremists from their recruitment pool and they die from lack of new members or wipe out the recruitment pool entirely.

Given the fact we like to think of ourselves as the good guys, the genocide of over a billion people based on their religion isn't really an option. This leaves us the only option of drying up the recruitment.

Sadly, we just haven't done that, particularly the US. WE should have been fighting the political ideology of al quaida and her allies but instead the US (George Bush particularly) made a huge effort to make it about islam rather than terrorism. He did more for Al Quaida recruitment than any other person in history, including bin laden.

So in conclusion, it's dumb to think we're at war with islam, that's exactly what al quaida wants so they can get more troops. However if we really ARE at war with islam, it was started by the western reaction to 9/11, not 9/11 itself which was 40 extremists from a political group.

They both breed hate and intolerance, neither is worse or better than the other, if you mean islamic extremists as terrorists then yes obviously but the vast majority of muslim extremists at rallies etc.. will more than likely never actually commit a terrorist act.

Anjem Choudhary's (sp?) groups such as islam4uk have repeatedly been banned under anti terror laws and anyone promoting these organisations can and have been arrested. (something which should happen way more to people who promote terror groups from NI)

While most of them won't commit an act of terror, they do provide a community which supports these acts and can easily help indoctrinate someone who does end up a terrorist. Terror groups are essentially cults and their members are essentially brainwashed. If you don't have any non violent extremists, the violent ones won't be so brainwashed or so ideological.

If they are at war with us then we should consider ourselves lucky. They've killed less than 100 people in the UK since whenever anyone claims this 'war' started which would make them the most innefective fighting force in human history.

The fact is we aren't at war with islam. WE are at war with terrorism and islamic extremism. There are only 2 ways to win a war of this type, seperate the extremists from their recruitment pool and they die from lack of new members or wipe out the recruitment pool entirely.

Given the fact we like to think of ourselves as the good guys, the genocide of over a billion people based on their religion isn't really an option. This leaves us the only option of drying up the recruitment.

Sadly, we just haven't done that, particularly the US. WE should have been fighting the political ideology of al quaida and her allies but instead the US (George Bush particularly) made a huge effort to make it about islam rather than terrorism. He did more for Al Quaida recruitment than any other person in history, including bin laden.

So in conclusion, it's dumb to think we're at war with islam, that's exactly what al quaida wants so they can get more troops. However if we really ARE at war with islam, it was started by the western reaction to 9/11, not 9/11 itself which was 40 extremists from a political group.

Don't forget the support Bush received from our very own Tony Blair with Iraq and Afghanistan.

How much did that do for Al Quaida recruitment in this country?

Erm naw, I asked you what part of the chap's post was incorrect, you burbled on about benefits. I showed you sources and you change tack.

Last lesson for you. Mehdi Hassan who wrote the Graun article is a left wing Islamist who despises Choudhary and his ilk. He thinks it is relevant that Choudhary is

I'll leave it as an exercise for you to work out why Mehdi thinks this is relevant.

The fact that these jokers claim benefits is one of the least offensive things about them, but I suppose it's useful in showing off folk's priorities.

In bold, agreed. Second part in italics, what do you think Mehdi's priorities were when he mentioned it? Do you propose that someone on the left is against benefits per se?

So in conclusion, it's dumb to think we're at war with islam, that's exactly what al quaida wants so they can get more troops.

Best post in some time from any poster.

In bold, agreed. Second part in italics, what do you think Mehdi's priorities were when he mentioned it? Do you propose that someone on the left is against benefits per se?

1) Pointing out the subject's ludicrous hypocrisy and 2) Whacking him with a popular gotcha. Both are pretty fair.

Mind, read some of Mehdi's other stuff and you'll notice that he's just as much of a hack as the other journos he frequently gets into fights with.

Like I say, if the benefit claims are the thing that upsets you most about this mob of scummers, your priorities are all messed up.

Anjem Choudhary's (sp?) groups such as islam4uk have repeatedly been banned under anti terror laws and anyone promoting these organisations can and have been arrested. (something which should happen way more to people who promote terror groups from NI)

While most of them won't commit an act of terror, they do provide a community which supports these acts and can easily help indoctrinate someone who does end up a terrorist. Terror groups are essentially cults and their members are essentially brainwashed. If you don't have any non violent extremists, the violent ones won't be so brainwashed or so ideological.

i think there is a very fine line between promoting a terror group and representing a group politically, just banning anyone who speaks out for an ideal wether you believe in it or not can be a very dangerous path to go down, In the case of NI (which you were so keen to point out to me ) there have been political wings of groups such as Sinn Fein,PUP etc... but banning them makes them stronger and helps them to promote the belief of fear and predjudice they use to recruit individuals to their ranks.

1) Pointing out the subject's ludicrous hypocrisy and 2) Whacking him with a popular gotcha. Both are pretty fair.

Mind, read some of Mehdi's other stuff and you'll notice that he's just as much of a hack as the other journos he frequently gets into fights with.

Like I say, if the benefit claims are the thing that upsets you most about this mob of scummers, your priorities are all messed up.

That would be true had I said that.

Which, erm, I did not.

Mehdi is a hack indeed but he is a left wing Muslim hack that's why I used his views on Choudhary.

• 2 months later...

Anybody see the EDL dickhead in the royal blue jacket behind the reporter on BBC News baring his arse then laughing to someone on the phone?

Total clown.

Eta - I would've said 'what an arsehole' but I wouldn't want anyone taking it the wrong way.

Archived