Man beheaded in Woolwich

Ric

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The onus is on any credible news organisation to discard ridiculous eyewitness claims. There is no such thing as a "Muslim appearance".

I don't disagree with the latter, and if that picture that was posted earlier from ITV is one of the men, it certainly doesn't fit the "classic stereotype" of someone from an Islamic Asian background. Obviously we shouldn't have a stereotype, but that is where we at sadly.

With Islam

Not really. We're best buddies with the gulf states and Malaysia.

We are at war with the abstract concept of terror yet people act shocked and upset when terror brings the war closer to home. Just think of these two guys as a low tech drone attack and it should be easier for everyone to swallow.

Horrible thing to happen, but a bit of an over reaction to get COBRA going. What are they going to have to make time critical decisions about to prevent a disaster? Get police to check everyone with a bulky jacket, just in case there's loons with machetes all over the country? They'll be sitting around discussing their holidays.

Not really. We're best buddies with the gulf states and Malaysia.

We are at war with the abstract concept of terror yet people act shocked and upset when terror brings the war closer to home. Just think of these two guys as a low tech drone attack and it should be easier for everyone to swallow.

Yes really.

Islamic jihadists are at war with US.

It isn't nation states we are dealing with here, the sooner folk get their fucking heads round that concept the fucking better.

Yes really.

It isn't nation states we are dealing with here, the sooner folk get their fucking heads round that concept the fucking better.

Non state organisations don't have the power to declare war, try again.

Yes really.

You can't really say we are at war with Islam when we have no problems at all with the most populous Islamic country or the country where Islam was born and is the most devout.

These guys are pretty clear that they were acting in response to the actions of the army rather than attempting to destroy western civilisation.

just saw the video of the "terrorist" giving his speech

WTF is that wee woman doing who is walking along with her trolley, can she not see the madman with blood all over his hands wielding 2 knives

i mean if you HAVE to go that way surely you can cross the road

idiot of the day award goes to that lucky woman

eta: im sorry i cant confirm her religion, cuz y'know how thats SO important

pretty pissed off with the bbc reportage of the incident on the six o'clock news.

Senior political editor Nick whateverhisnameis saying 'I cannot confirm this but the men are said to be 'of Muslim appearance'' What the f**k does that mean?

And various other speculative statements prefaced by 'I cannot confirm' or 'Sources, that have not been checked at this stage, say...' By all means all the rumour might prove to be true but it's a sad day when the BBC are desperate to beat other 'breaking' news channels to the punch by leading off their flagship bulletin without checking sources and confirming veracity before pulling the 'terrorist attack' card.

Edited to add: c***s.

Some apparent thought processes going by video footage::

Hmm, looks like somebody getting hacked to death. I think I'll video it. I wonder why they're doing that? Oh here comes one of the chaps with a machete. I think they've finished. Hiya, what's the story big man?

Shit, someones getting murdered. I'm not going the long way with this bag of messages. They can f**k off. I'm going this way.

Look! C'mon, the Polis are shootin' folk o'er there. Cross over. I cannae see fae here.

They've certainly been busier since 1999 for some reason. I can't think of any attacks in UK before Blair sucked up to Bush, that's not to say there hasn't been. Good old Labour, or should I say "New Labour"?

:oops Wrong link.

Real link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Islamic_terrorist_attacks

pretty pissed off with the bbc reportage of the incident on the six o'clock news.

Senior political editor Nick whateverhisnameis saying 'I cannot confirm this but the men are said to be 'of Muslim appearance'' What the f**k does that mean?

And various other speculative statements prefaced by 'I cannot confirm' or 'Sources, that have not been checked at this stage, say...' By all means all the rumour might prove to be true but it's a sad day when the BBC are desperate to beat other 'breaking' news channels to the punch by leading off their flagship bulletin without checking sources and confirming veracity before pulling the 'terrorist attack' card.

Edited to add: c***s.

The BBC wil do their utmost to try and avoid calling them muslims. Or linking what just happened to their beliefs.

Like a lot of daft PC c***s, they will attempt to blame it all on the fact we poked Afghanistan with a stick

Holy war.

Here to help. <_<

Nope, you're still hopelessly wrong. If you're struggling to identify what constitutes a 'war', between states, then I'd recommend the rather excellent 'The World at War' series, currently being re-run on Yesterday.

Don't think you'll see two men wearing Stone Island playing much of a role tbh.

Archived