Man beheaded in Woolwich

Ric

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A woman is thought to have been beheaded in the garden of a north London house...

Officers discovered her collapsed in a back garden and she was pronounced dead at the scene.

One of the easier ones to tell I'd imagine.

I have watched a couple of these videos on live leak out of morbid curiosity and it isn't pleasant viewing, not sure if that makes me a bad person or not but I'm sure a good lot of people have watched them for themselves

Same here, i must confess to feeling a bit queezy and turning off half way through though. I thought i had a strong stomach as well.

"Not pleasant viewing" is an understatement.

Same here, i must confess to feeling a bit queezy and turning off half way through though. I thought i had a strong stomach as well.

"Not pleasant viewing" is an understatement.

I guess its only natural to wonder how easy or difficult it would be to cut a human head off and these videos educate to some extent! i wonder if in the days of the guillotine if their heads would have been taken off in one foul swoop or if the knife would bounce back a bit somehow, i just wonder if a large knife could go right through someones neck and take the head clean off like you see in kill bill and braveheart among other films

Some people say that by watching it you are just as bad as those carrying out the acts as well, its pretty baffling to me. Personally i think its human nature to want to see things for ourselves, I'm pretty sure if there was some way we could see for ourselves the execution of John Lennon for example there would be over a billion people viewing it within a week

He was shot though. If he'd been murdered with a cheese grater I would hope the audience figures would fall.

I guess its only natural to wonder how easy or difficult it would be to cut a human head off and these videos educate to some extent! i wonder if in the days of the guillotine if their heads would have been taken off in one foul swoop or if the knife would bounce back a bit somehow, i just wonder if a large knife could go right through someones neck and take the head clean off like you see in kill bill and braveheart among other films

When a Frenchman was being guillotined a letter arrived at the last minute. He told them to put in the basket and he would read it later.

He was shot though. If he'd been murdered with a cheese grater I would hope the audience figures would fall.

Well you know what i mean, people want to see things for themselves and if there was footage released of any occurring tragedy that wasn't thought to be filmed then most people would view it

• 2 months later...

Report out saying that while there were failings, the intelligence services couldn't predict what happened to Lee Rigby. There's also a lot of scorn for internet companies for not giving up information to the government relating to attacks. One of Rigby's murderers apparently spoke of the plan in a FB chat with a jihadist in Yemen.

I had 5 live on today after this announcement and they had Chiles (Ipresume it's Chiles,identical voice) speaking with some guy who works for an organisaton (cant remember the name) who had dealings with one of Rigby's murderers some time before the incident. Turns out the British intelligience had been leaning on the guy's brother to pressure him into giving information on supposed terrorists etc in Syria. They were saying that they were basically preventing the authourities from torturing him, but wouldn't prevent them unless he helped them. Aparently not mentioned in the report.

Chiles then asked if this hadn't been happening whether he thought that the guy wouldn't have been involved in Rigby's murder and his opinion was 'no, he wouldn't'. So we got on to the whole cause and effect foreign policy debate of terrorism, with Chiles botching more and more of his everyman argument until he came out with the cracker that there was no Foreign involvement prior to 9/11

The guy just laughed at him. Guess thats what happens when you use fluff presenters for real issues.

I find it hilarious that they're blaming Facebook despite them having him as a person of interest type thing for ages. Of course it's nonsense, but that wouldn't suit their agenda to get through more laws allowing them to snoop on even more aspects of our lives. c***s. <_<

I find it hilarious that they're blaming Facebook despite them having him as a person of interest type thing for ages. Of course it's nonsense, but that wouldn't suit their agenda to get through more laws allowing them to snoop on even more aspects of our lives. c***s. <_<

Aye. They couldn't find enough evidence to investigate him themselves, so Facebook should've been doing it for them. Away ye go.

Of course, don't expect the UK government to take any responsibility. Not as if it's foreign policy has done anything wrong.

I wonder how many people Rigby killed when occupying Afghanistan with the machine-gun he chose to be government-trained to be an expert with.

Never mind, it's all Facebook's fault. Not his, not the government's. Facebook's.

Archived