Man beheaded in Woolwich

Ric

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the bbc

" Michael Adebolajo has been given a whole-life term and Michael Adebowale has been jailed for a minimum of 45 years for murdering Fusilier Lee Rigby. "

I didn't think you could get a " whole lifetime " sentence anymore ? I thought it was against human rights ? Apparently not !

There are more than a billion muslims worldwide and over 2 million in the UK.

If they are at war with us then we should consider ourselves lucky. They've killed less than 100 people in the UK since whenever anyone claims this 'war' started which would make them the most innefective fighting force in human history.

The fact is we aren't at war with islam. WE are at war with terrorism and islamic extremism. There are only 2 ways to win a war of this type, seperate the extremists from their recruitment pool and they die from lack of new members or wipe out the recruitment pool entirely.

Given the fact we like to think of ourselves as the good guys, the genocide of over a billion people based on their religion isn't really an option. This leaves us the only option of drying up the recruitment.

Sadly, we just haven't done that, particularly the US. WE should have been fighting the political ideology of al quaida and her allies but instead the US (George Bush particularly) made a huge effort to make it about islam rather than terrorism. He did more for Al Quaida recruitment than any other person in history, including bin laden.

So in conclusion, it's dumb to think we're at war with islam, that's exactly what al quaida wants so they can get more troops. However if we really ARE at war with islam, it was started by the western reaction to 9/11, not 9/11 itself which was 40 extremists from a political group.

100% correct, I hear some absolute rubbish from people at work and in general about how we are under attack from Islam.

If anything if you look at where wars happen and why you could argue their cause more than ours. They must be the most ineffective force ever if this is true.

I've only ever known one true Muslim and he was one of the most friendly people I have ever met.

The government and others need to come down hard on idiots like the bnp and the English defence league.

They're as bad as the idiot extremists and fanatics. I felt ashamed seeing them carry a Scottish flag outside the court.

As long as they exist the extremists will point and say what about them. Sometimes free speech is a bad thing if hate is all you have.

From the bbc

" Michael Adebolajo has been given a whole-life term and Michael Adebowale has been jailed for a minimum of 45 years for murdering Fusilier Lee Rigby. "

I didn't think you could get a " whole lifetime " sentence anymore ? I thought it was against human rights ? Apparently not !

What has ''Human rights' to do with that type of sentence, in the UK, the US, China etc?

Nowt.

What has ''Human rights' to do with that type of sentence, in the UK, the US, China etc?

Nowt.

phasma - I meant European Human rights.... ( so not us / china etc ) - I just thought I read somewhere quite recently that there had to be the chance of release ? I'm not sticking up for anyone BTW - It seems reasonable to me that these guys should never be walking the streets again - cutting someones head off in broad daylight !!! But I thought that that there had to be an " idea of rehabilitation " ..... ? As far as I was aware - I thought the people that were locked up " indefinitely " were people with " psychiatric disorders " such as the Yorkshire ripper etc - even that had a flaw in it as if you could " prove you were sane " or prove you were NOW sane you could be released..... I'm sure there are P+Bers who know better than me though :)

From the bbc

Implying the two Michaels deserve to have rights....

(High court ruled last week that whole life tariffs are legal)

phasma - I meant European Human rights.... ( so not us / china etc ) - I just thought I read somewhere quite recently that there had to be the chance of release ? I'm not sticking up for anyone BTW - It seems reasonable to me that these guys should never be walking the streets again - cutting someones head off in broad daylight !!! But I thought that that there had to be an " idea of rehabilitation " ..... ? As far as I was aware - I thought the people that were locked up " indefinitely " were people with " psychiatric disorders " such as the Yorkshire ripper etc - even that had a flaw in it as if you could " prove you were sane " or prove you were NOW sane you could be released..... I'm sure there are P+Bers who know better than me though :)

Fair 'nuff re locale...

I did grow up with a boy who killed his granny re your other point.

That was 24? years ago and he has never been convicted. They will only try him ''if'' he is declared sane. Then it'll be life.

dULnYzM.jpg

Fucking hell.

I laugh at the "bring back hanging" brigade on Facebook. Yeah, I'm sure the folk in charge of the country are looking at wee Wilma fae west calder's Facebook page status update "how mny lykes for hanging the woolworths murdirurs"

Archived