Man beheaded in Woolwich

Ric

Lets be honest, when you study western foreign policy since ww2, you really can't complain when things like this happen, especially when we refuse to change let alone have any genuine discussion about it. There are countless examples of completely indefensible and purely selfish western intervention, disregarding the human rights and freedoms of the people the invade. I won't name them, it would take too long.

Moreover, we utterly destroyed africa, and we still continue to this day to destroy it. If you look at it from inner city muslims point of view, their reaction is quite understandable. They see the slaughter of muslims around the world by western forces, the exploitation by western companies etc, all while they have very little power to do anything, live in an area where opportunities are non-existent, government does nothing to help them and so forth. lets face it, the media is completely self-censored. You only have to read a few history books to get an decent idea of western foreign policy, yet it is extremely rare to here any percpective other than, we're trying to do good, we just make a few honest mistakes.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were any civilians hurt or just soldiers?

That statement about British soldiers murdering Muslims is absolutely correct (and should be pointed out more) although the attack was totally wrong.

According to Theresa May is was an attack on society, you know since Muslims despise places like Starbucks ...

But of course the UK Government will never come out and take responsibility for it's actions in Muslim countries, they will keep telling us all how it was done for the good of the locals etc, etc...

Jojo, western foreign policy is exactly the same as every other buggers.

And has been since the dawn of time.

An interesting side point regarding the EDL and this incident.

Let's ask ourselves a quick question: What is the difference between the killings of police officers in Manchester and the killing of a soldier in London? Why did the EDL protest regarding one and not the other.

Because they are opposed to militant Islam and are quite vocal about it? It is the entire point of their organisation.

What a daft question, it's like asking why stonewall issue statements when gay marriage is discussed in parliament but not water regulation.

Let's ask ourselves a quick question: What is the difference between the killings of police officers in Manchester and the killing of a soldier in London? Why did the EDL protest regarding one and not the other. 

Extremely valid point but redundant to a group of chavs. Cregan will probably have racist tendancies. Same could be said of the indian student that was killed in manchester a couple of christmas' agony or the indian sailor that was murdered in glasgow a couple of years ago.

Sadly everything just comes down to religion or race. Without either, as a race we'd find something else to kill each other over. Mibbe we do need zombies to rise to give all humanity a common enemy

Sent from my X720D using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Because they are opposed to militant Islam and are quite vocal about it? It is the entire point of their organisation.

But essentially the two crimes are similar, both involving attacks on those who are in public service.

Now I'll ask again, what is the difference?

What a daft question, it's like asking why stonewall issue statements when gay marriage is discussed in parliament but not water regulation.

Your analogy is possibly the daftest thing to be fair.

The police and the English army opposed to militant Islam, whooduvthunk.

The edl did march in Manchester around about the trial if I mind right.

Edit: @Kirk

I've been trying to find his speech from earlier, I only half listened to it on radio. I was sure he said that Islam had killed more Muslims than any other religion. Which I thought was odd as it seems he has forgotten about the crusades, or even WW2.

I can't believe he said that though, and I am sure I must have misheard but I can't find the text anywhere other than a summary.

Not sure who your quoting, but the biggest number of casualties directly from the current phase of extreme Islamicism have undoubtedly come from Shia communities.

Not sure who your quoting, but the biggest number of casualties directly from the current phase of extreme Islamicism have undoubtedly come from Shia communities.

For a start it was Cameron's speech today, and as I said I am not sure if I heard him right.

In terms of the bold text, are you going to give a time-frame for that, now I'll pass on pointing out there isn't actually anything called "Islamicism" but I presume you mean the attitude of Muslims towards a non-Muslim lifestyle, however technically as soon as Muhammed had finished his prophesying then that started.

It'd be nice if terrorists focused their efforts on politicians rather than the average man, woman, and child in the street.

They didn't.

They targeted a serving member of the armed forces of the English Crown.

The answer to this, seeing as either nobody knows or cares, is that Cregan has links with the EDL and has been on protest marches with them.

Effectively the same crime, EDL sees them entirely differently.

Archived