Confederations Cup 2013

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd expect Spain to treat the Tahiti game as the worlds most public training session and settle for about 5 instead of rattling in the 30 or 40 goals they should be doing. They'd probably be happier setting new records for possession and completed passes than goals scored.

I want Spain to go to town on Tahiti, although I fear they'll settle for 6 or 7 while playing at about 20%.

This.

They've already beaten their closest challengers for the group so it's unlikely that it'll go down to goal difference. Not that they have anything to fear from finishing 2nd anyway. Could see them making subs at HT, if they don't go with a weakened starting 11.

I want Spain to go to town on Tahiti, although I fear they'll settle for 6 or 7 while playing at about 20%.

I think that's exactly what will happen. The Tahitians should count themselves lucky they're not playing Germany or Netherlands, because both of those sides would have no qualms in rattling in 20 goals.

Betfair have an over/under 14.5 goals market for the game. :lol:

The people who claim to find it boring are lazy, delusional trolls who are jealous of Spains success.

Or they're just not football fans at all.

I have to say, I thought Spain were much better last night than they were at any point during Euro 2012, except possibly the final. They moved the ball in the final third at a much quicker tempo.

I don't understand how people can't enjoy watching Spain play.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Don't really understand why you don't understand. Spain can play a lot of soporific stuff.

Football is like other sports about different styles. In the same way that some people find Rafael Nadal terrible to watch as a tennis player and others really admire him, Spain's strangulation passing game isn't for everyone.

I appreciate that the football Spain play is of an exceptionally high level, but I can't say I particularly enjoy watching 90 minutes of it. Football's all about competition for me. I'd rather watch a game between two less skilful, more evenly matched teams.

That said, a Brazil v Spain final could be quite tasty.

Archived