Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there an official link with FC Twente or do some of their fans just have a bond with a couple of guys from Stranraer who just use Stair Park as a platform?

You get to know most people if bit them, their faces when our crowds are so low. I don't recall ever seeing these people behind it watching Stranraer.

Hopefully I'm way off the mark here.

Yeah because we definitely have a tie up with Feynoord!

For what it's worth I think it's really cool Stranraer have links with a club such as Twente.

What exactly is there between Ayr and Feynoord? Just a couple of shared fans or is it anything more? Any links to a club like Twente, however small they may be, can only be a good thing for us, even for publicity. A quick look on their website shows some outstanding youth facilities, something the Dutch have always seemed good at.

You really are a sad sad individual if you think posting a pic if malcolm signing for yous will upset us. Honestly grow up you sad pathetic person. Its just one of these things you offered him a better deal an he accepted it all part of football. Good luck to him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Have to say despite losing Malcolm that Stranraers early transfer dealings have been very impressive. Going to be a tough league next season when you consider what should be the worst team are signing the likes of Longworth and McKenna.

Is Mitchell the keeper still there? He's top drawer surely destined for the top?

Youe ex-boy Malcolm thinks we're a big club, Read the article on our website!!!

Good luck to him. No problem with players going to clubs they like.

Good servant. Was looking for crazy money from us for a contract. Tell tail sign he didn't want to with us.

Guest honestrae95

You really are a sad sad individual if you think posting a pic if malcolm signing for yous will upset us. Honestly grow up you sad pathetic person. Its just one of these things you offered him a better deal an he accepted it all part of football. Good luck to him.

Another bite! Wow, unadulterated seethe right there.

What exactly is there between Ayr and Feynoord? Just a couple of shared fans or is it anything more? Any links to a club like Twente, however small they may be, can only be a good thing for us, even for publicity. A quick look on their website shows some outstanding youth facilities, something the Dutch have always seemed good at.

There is actually an Ayr fan who lives in Holland and supports Feyenoord, so we do have an Ayr flag with Feyenoord written on it at our games sometimes.

Oh yes he has resigned for us again. That was one person we had to get back again. But we are taking shape, going to be difficult league everybody seems to be making good signing an that includes Aye getting malky. Him an moff will be a good partnership :)

Will be interesting to see how teams shape up in January, cause I'd imagine the vast majority of us will have a little bit of cash to splash by them with the The Rangers / Dunfermline away supports.

Are Stranraer spending the money early or do you think you'll have some left over if your in need of a boost come then?

Hard to tell but obviously the money from rangers will help us when it comes to signings in january. But honestly a think ginge is trying to build a good team just now so we stay away from the bottom this time round:)

Hard to tell but obviously the money from rangers will help us when it comes to signings in january. But honestly a think ginge is trying to build a good team just now so we stay away from the bottom this time round:)

I don't know how much money these games will make.

By the time you add extra police, stewards etc the monies to the clubs will be minimal. Yes its probably more than normal but not the massive amounts we think. I'm sure some of the 3rd clubs will agree!!!

Got a good point there. Our gate price for rangers games is £18 to cover the extra police an stewards needed. Obviously every team wants either sky or Espn to be there aswell to generate more money for the game. Plus hospitality an sponsorship will increase so going by these hopefully we can make more money than we usually do an actually have the luxury of having money to spend for once in our history an not have to scrap the bottom of the barrel for years to come

Got a good point there. Our gate price for rangers games is £18 to cover the extra police an stewards needed. Obviously every team wants either sky or Espn to be there aswell to generate more money for the game. Plus hospitality an sponsorship will increase so going by these hopefully we can make more money than we usually do an actually have the luxury of having money to spend for once in our history an not have to scrap the bottom of the barrel for years to come

What will happen with Stair Park as the grassy bank may be deemed unsafe?

Archived