Stranraer close-season thread

Going to be different next season for sure ..Ayr fans saying reids teams were hard to beat but how did they play ..was it very defensive or nice football ? ..also think Ayr will be a different animal next season as no doubt McCall is a decent manager and will benefit from assembling his own team as I'm sure it's difficult taking over and trying to change a team that has been playing to another managers style for most of the season .

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can probably say goodbye to Chris Aitken actually. Him and Reid aren't going to be the best of pals. Not sure if he'll have forgiven Longridge for his red in the play offs against Airdrie.

I met Longridge out in Glasgow last week and I think he said he had actually spoken to Reid (this was before he had been appointed), so I can't see that being a problem.

I'm sorry but does everyone forget Ayr 0 Inverness 7, Inverness 5 Ayr 1, Ayr 1 Airdrie 4 etc. etc. etc. Ayr were a complete shambles in the Championship under Reid. We have had some shocking managers over the years and he is one of them.

Ayr 3 Dundee 2 in the season they went up, also featuring the best goal that has ever happened in football.

The last relegation season had more highlights than the majority of other clubs' promotion campaigns.

Reid will never be popular with some, but those Ayr fans who couldn't wait to see the back of him were given what they deserved with the next appointment.

I'd be very surprised if Stinlar weren't among the favourites now. Reid can do the second division with his eyes closed.

You can probably say goodbye to Chris Aitken actually. Him and Reid aren't going to be the best of pals. Not sure if he'll have forgiven Longridge for his red in the play offs against Airdrie.

No just one of his best mates thats all !!!!

directors were speaking in the hospitality suite and mentioned there was proper investment compared to before and that promotion was the aim. Credit to Reid as he got us promoted but he should have gone after the first relegation and given someone else a shot that could finish the job properly.

Connor and Reilly got the job because of their vision of turning Ayr into a gateway to the seniors for top junior talent, the same as Stainrod tried and with much the same results. Had it not been for Stevenson we would have been relegated. Watt took over and signed his Stranraer team who all buggered off at the same time as Watt. The board backed Watts vision to sign some of the biggest wastes of space in the clubs history, Steven Swift, Michael Moore, BJ Corr, David Hamilton.....

Reid tried to sign Moffat a year before they did, Cameron wouldn't pay the 3k asking price, they had a lot of loans because of Reid and McKenzies contacts in the game, which meant re-building every 6 months, They held trials every year to find players (where he found Donald) this didn't happen because there was money kicking about

Mate reading those Neil Watt signings made me shiver. Amazing how they went from being decent at Stranraer to being beyond crap for us and then heading straight to the Juniors.

How does that even happen?

Mate reading those Neil Watt signings made me shiver. Amazing how they went from being decent at Stranraer to being beyond crap for us and then heading straight to the Juniors.

How does that even happen?

By missing the two vital cogs in that winning Stranraer team - Jenkins and Graham.

You lot not got enough on you own page, .

Young player and player of the year at Stranraer, came on leaps and bounds as season went on, scouted by Swansea, Hibs, Coventry throughout the season and under 23 so going nowhere without a fee and sell on

You lot not got enough on you own page, .

Young player and player of the year at Stranraer, came on leaps and bounds as season went on, scouted by Swansea, Hibs, Coventry throughout the season and under 23 so going nowhere without a fee and sell on

Is he under contract? How long has he been with you guys?

Archived