Stranraer close-season thread

If ever you needed an example of a teer stained post.

"Teers" eh?

No, no tears from me. Just a big thank you to the 2 Stevies.

Heard Brian Reid's name mentioned but I'm not sure about him, too old school?

Tiff might be the best bet but there could quite a few in for it.

Time will tell.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I meant for Stranraer job not for Dumbarton as a player .

Ah, I see.

Apologies.

Edit- Stranraer need to get the appointment right or face the very real prospect of actually losing games against Ayr next season.

Should go for Mark Roberts, I think the move from player to manager within the same dressing room didn't work and he would have done a lot better if he had taken a managers job at another club first.

His relationship with the players was too pally and it didn't work.

I fear that's the way Chris Aitken would go should he be appointed.

Not really any substance to the names been flung about yet.

Committee have a huge task appointing the right man. No reason why we can't be a Dumbarton or Alloa and have a few season in the league above. I'm sure most teams in this league feel the same though.

"Teers" eh?

No, no tears from me. Just a big thank you to the 2 Stevies.

Heard Brian Reid's name mentioned but I'm not sure about him, too old school?

Tiff might be the best bet but there could quite a few in for it.

Time will tell.

Reid has a proven track record at this level, two full seasons and two promotions

Grant Gallagher good then?

110% every week, great energy. Has improved his passing and shooting in the last couple of seasons.

Comfortable at centre mid, right back or right wing.

Deserves his move.

Should go for Mark Roberts, I think the move from player to manager within the same dressing room didn't work and he would have done a lot better if he had taken a managers job at another club first.

His relationship with the players was too pally and it didn't work.

Don't even go there , absolutely useless from what im told, we deserve better than that

Committee will be working hard to get the right man, events came about quick and not at a good time. One poster on official site calls for them to sign up players quickly, they can't do that ,not in their remit, new manager needs to select his own squad.Committee will be aware of the timescale and select best man available.

Can't see it. Club looking for a young, hungry manager in the mould of Ginge.

Oh dear, a 44 year old who has won promotion from this league twice, is not a young and hungry manager?

He was coaching at Coventry, not sure if he left when big Elvis left. However, I'd be very surprised if Stranraer were to turn their nose up at him.

Oh dear, a 44 year old who has won promotion from this league twice, is not a young and hungry manager?

I'd question whether he's still hungry for a job in Scottish lower league football having been there and done that, and had good posts in Phillipines and England.

Archived