Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark's told his Rovers team-mates last night that he's agreed to sign for Stranraer and will do so tonight.

If your true in this statement I hope he does a good job for us. What type of player is he? Only seen him against us when he hurt his neck.

If your true in this statement I hope he does a good job for us. What type of player is he? Only seen him against us when he hurt his neck.

I haven't seen him in a few years but he's a 6"4 striker, although some seem to argue he is best played wide right. Rovers fans were expecting him to move on after a good season anyway.

Dearie me. Who are the two players?

Ryan Thomson & Paul Willis.

It looks bad but I think they were laughing at the sight of the ferret savaging her finger, rather than simply laughing at a homeless person. Hot on the heels of the video of him grappling a taxi driver (and punching the taxi) old JJ wasn't too impressed with him at the time!

Key is getting McKeown, Gallagher and Rumsby signed up. That gives us a spine that almost guarantees we will at least be challenging for top 4 at worst. Think first 2 names overseas at present but hopefully sign on next week. Might be some interest in Rumsby. Similar with Davy Mitchell. Would also expect Longridge to sign on for a second season. Keeping Gibson isn't expected but would be a bonus. If ( BIG IF) we were to keep all those, combined with those already signed, then possibly just another striker needed, arguably a top one (easier said than acquired).

Franko is linked with Ayr, I think/hope gall and Scotty resign. Can't see Mitch leaving to sit on a bench and Gibson linked with Queens and Dunfermline

Franko is linked with Ayr, I think/hope gall and Scotty resign. Can't see Mitch leaving to sit on a bench and Gibson linked with Queens and Dunfermline

Linked to Ayr by optimistic Ayr fans. Famous last words, but be very surprised if he went there. Always comes across as very happy at Stranraer.

Linked to Ayr by optimistic Ayr fans. Famous last words, but be very surprised if he went there. Always comes across as very happy at Stranraer.

don't think he'd give up captaincy for them tbf.

I haven't seen him in a few years but he's a 6"4 striker, although some seem to argue he is best played wide right. Rovers fans were expecting him to move on after a good season anyway.

Mark has had a great season for Wee Vers, will be a big loss for us.Would like to wish him all the best. A really nice lad and a very good player.Things at Rovers beginning to worry me.

Archived