Stranraer close-season thread

Still have my doubts over him. Came out just after Christmas that the players told him how they wanted to play ....

Repetition of something said by someone who wanted Reid sacked. 

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And by right I can challenge that opinion Is that not right?

100% you can, we shall see tonight after the retained and released list goes out for everyone to see if hes as good as you think Reid a fellow defender will see his pros and offer him a new deal then again he has maybe seen enough and sow him the door.

Still have my doubts over him. Came out just after Christmas that the players told him how they wanted to play and well the rest is history. Not sure if he would be a fit for full time football but hope it gets resolved quickly as we don't need another summer trying to get a manager while losing out on good players.

I have my doubts that he will be away. After meeting the players tonight

100% you can, we shall see tonight after the retained and released list goes out for everyone to see if hes as good as you think Reid a fellow defender will see his pros and offer him a new deal then again he has maybe seen enough and sow him the door.

I have my doubts that he will be away. After meeting the players tonight

Aitken did the same last season so won't look to much into that until queens appoint another manager

When you say he wasn't so good this season can you be more specific please. In my view he was as good as any other season but was suffering by playing in a n underperforming team with the likes of Keenan for the first couple of months. His only bad game was the 5-1 defeat to Dunfermline. He had flue the next week and then couldn't get back into the team due to bell/Robertson playing well.

So please be more specific

For me Rumsby has been a bit of a disappointment. Looked good when he first signed, all be it a bit raw. Thought that would wear off and he develop into a cracking centre half but he's turned out to be nothing more than average.  

Guaranteed one or two silly mistakes a game that lead to goal scoring opportunities.

Find the right partner and he might be fine, just like when Franko played beside him.

Can't see many splitting the partnership of Robbo and Bell.

Remember Martino68 being very defensive before over the same player. Would advise staying clear of these forums if criticism of your son/boyfriend/friend upsets you.

What's stranraers fans opinion of Reid? Not really over enamoured if it is him that's chosen

Wouldn't say I've warmed to him yet but, can't argue with what he's done since Christmas. For that reason I'd rather we kept than having to bring in someone else and start again.

For me Rumsby has been a bit of a disappointment. Looked good when he first signed, all be it a bit raw. Thought that would wear off and he develop into a cracking centre half but he's turned out to be nothing more than average.

Guaranteed one or two silly mistakes a game that lead to goal scoring opportunities.

Find the right partner and he might be fine, just like when Franko played beside him.

Remember Martino68 being very defensive before over the same player. Would advise staying clear of these forums if criticism of your son/boyfriend/friend upsets you.

Wouldn't say I've warmed to him yet but, can't argue with what he's done since Christmas. For that reason I'd rather we kept than having to bring in someone else and start again.

And similarily if you can't take someone commenting on that criticism then you should steer clear. Oh btw your tone gives you an aire of arrogance that makes you very annoying, something I note from other posts/threads has been recognised

For me Rumsby has been a bit of a disappointment. Looked good when he first signed, all be it a bit raw. Thought that would wear off and he develop into a cracking centre half but he's turned out to be nothing more than average.  

Find the right partner and he might be fine, just like when Franko played beside him.

For what it's worth my opinion is that Frank and Rumsby were a better combination than Bell and Robertson ,

For what it's worth my opinion is that Frank and Rumsby were a better combination than Bell and Robertson ,

Stats are certainly in favour of the Frank/Rumsby pairing compared with this season selection, conceding eleven more goals in 15/16.

One big disappointment in the first half of the season was the lack of a stable defence. Reid and Mair having both played the position at a good level you'd expect that to be a strength.

Stats are certainly in favour of the Frank/Rumsby pairing compared with this season selection, conceding eleven more goals in 15/16.

One big disappointment in the first half of the season was the lack of a stable defence. Reid and Mair having both played the position at a good level you'd expect that to be a strength.

Reid's teams always have poor defenders.

I used to work with rumsby so I watch the results and occasionally chip in with a comment - no big deal

• 1 month later...

Archived