Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The management of the club offered him a good deal. The good deal involved a clause that would mean an automatic extension if he played x amount of games. He was genuinely that horrific that Murray told him he would only play again if he accepted reduced terms for the extension, as quite frankly, he wasn't anywhere near worth it. His fault, not ours. We're well within our rights to stop playing him if it's of benefit to the club.

When he never played again he went running to Peter and Roughie and numerous papers to try and tarnish Murray and the club's reputation. He ended up making himself look like a whining bitch in the process. So much so that the club and Murray didn't even have to release a statement defending themselves.

He also done similar whilst at St Mirren under Danny Lennon.

I genuinely hope Stranraer do well this season, especially now we've bumped Aitken, Gallagher and potentially more players. I would be cautious of Mair however as some of his performances were absolutely woeful and he had the cheek to complain about being 'frozen out'. He may well prove us wrong, time will tell.

Cant have done that badly under Lennon when he wanted him to go to Alloa

Might have been in the team of the year, but he's still a helmet.

He can be as big a helmet as he wants, if he does the business on the pitch then that's all that matters. Aitken seems to be the man who can get the best out of him.

Lee Mair was a helmet with nae positives unfortunately. I have no issue with helmets who produce the goods.

post-6311-14338709882545_thumb.jpg

Id like to see stranraer do well in league but I cant see it happening under Reid. His whole approach at Ayr was defensive tactics (shite ones at that) and played the worst anti-football ive ever seen, in the semi final. I think Brian Reid is a stepdown from Stevie Aitken personally.

I wish stranraer all the breasts and wish them good luck in the coming season. :-)

Given what Stevie Aitken has achieved in recent seasons, where we were when he took over to where he left us, then it goes without saying that its a hard act to follow for Reid. However given his record in this league it seems a sound appointment to maintain our status as a competitive League One side.

Hardly an earth shattering viewpoint.

I think anyone taking over would be a step down from Aitken and the job he's done there.

Thats the point I was making to the Ayr fan who posted before me. Not earth shattering but common sense.

Hardly an earth shattering viewpoint.

I think anyone taking over would be a step down from Aitken and the job he's done there.

Unless you appoint Ian Mccall. What? You didnt? You appointed an ex-ayr manager? I still think there will be great games between Ayr and stranraer to come this season. Both teams deserve to go onwards and upwards.

Good luck from Somerset.

Pretty sure that'll be the case for a few of the lads we have signed. Clubs lost its core in one go, fully expect McKeown and Rumsby to follow Mitchell, Gallagher, And Gibson out the door. On top of that we released Winter and Stirling, two crazy moves. Not a lot of positivity around the squad building at the moment, good news needed soon.

Pretty sure that'll be the case for a few of the lads we have signed. Clubs lost its core in one go, fully expect McKeown and Rumsby to follow Mitchell, Gallagher, And Gibson out the door. On top of that we released Winter and Stirling, two crazy moves. Not a lot of positivity around the squad building at the moment, good news needed soon.

Well, we'll see.. as always. Winter and Stephen Stirling had become fringe players, and not too surprised that they left/were released. MItchell has long been a candidate for departure, so can hardly cry over that.

McGuigan now has the chance to prove himself in a higher division. Much like the players who have left us.

Just my opinion of course Beefy. Of course I in no way grudge Mitch his move, the lads been fully deserving of a step up for a couple of years now. I dont feel Winter was a fringe player, he would still have been first choice at wide right. And to offer Tiff a new deal while letting Steph Stirling go, in my opinion, is madness.

Archived