Stranraer close-season thread

I do hope so, cos we need a keeper, a centre half, a tough tackling midfielder, and if these guys cut the mustard, they'll do for me, what about malcolm? Is he still worth a punt?

Malcolm had signed for another season. If Dumbarton offered money I think Stranraer would gladly accept.

Can grab a goal but think like so many of last seasons squad he's found his level.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Stranraer fans can console themselves with the knowledge they'll get to knock us out in the first round of the Ramsdens cup again this year, with or without Aitken :lol:

I would absolutely love to see us sign David Mitchell, tremendous 'keeper.

How do you feel if you're one of the new Stranraer signings? Manager brings you in then fucks off the following week.

Doubt they'll care too much when other players are still worryingly scraping around looking for clubs.

Not a done deal yet but think with ginge meeting Dumbarton it will be a done deal soon ..would be gutted to see any of them go but wish them success if they do....also reckon chris aitken will be in frame if his brother goes.

Why?.

John Potter could be an excellent coaching appointment. I know he is under contract but he worked wonders with out under 20s and was badly let down by players not able to meet his high standards. Potter could work wonders with the fine pros at Stranraer. We probably wouldn't be too hard to deal with in terms of compensation etc.

John Potter could be an excellent coaching appointment. I know he is under contract but he worked wonders with out under 20s and was badly let down by players not able to meet his high standards. Potter could work wonders with the fine pros at Stranraer. We probably wouldn't be too hard to deal with in terms of compensation etc.

On the Vers thread:

John Potter could be the ideal replacement. He'll know Darren Young from their time at Dunfermline and wants to be an assistant manager.

post-33771-0-44077100-1432718987_thumb.p post-33771-0-67647500-1432718977_thumb.p

3CFcHZU.gif

Not a done deal yet but think with ginge meeting Dumbarton it will be a done deal soon ..would be gutted to see any of them go but wish them success if they do....also reckon chris aitken will be in frame if his brother goes.

A Stranraer fan I spoke to says that Chris is very likely to spit the dummy and get plenty of needless cards (as he did in the penultimate game against us).

Would the boss at Dumbarton still want to have him in his squad?

A Stranraer fan I spoke to says that Chris is very likely to spit the dummy and get plenty of needless cards (as he did in the penultimate game against us).

Would the boss at Dumbarton still want to have him in his squad?

I meant for Stranraer job not for Dumbarton as a player .

Should go for Mark Roberts, I think the move from player to manager within the same dressing room didn't work and he would have done a lot better if he had taken a managers job at another club first.

His relationship with the players was too pally and it didn't work.

Archived