Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ayr fans posting about a cheat. Ironic.

Coming from a club that nearly went bust because they spent outwith their means? Then had the audacity to beg other teams fans for money to save them.

Yeah you are right, ironic.

Coming from a club that nearly went bust because they spent outwith their means? Then had the audacity to beg other teams fans for money to save them.

Yeah you are right, ironic.

Yes, we weren't at all apologetic, regretful and ashamed of the arrogance and actions of the few who ran our club in to the ground.

We haven't paid back every single penny of that money either...

We had the 'audacity' (belter of a word) to not want to rip off local businesses etc.

Although to be fair, I'm sure that's the route that the vast majority of teams in our situation would take in Scotland... yeah.

Could you remind me how much money your chairman has had to put in to cover running costs recently? We are living well within our means, Ayr simply ain't, yet we still managed to poach one of your better players.

I think, as you lads say, you should 'deal with it'.

Yes, we weren't at all apologetic, regretful and ashamed of the arrogance and actions of the few who ran our club in to the ground.

We haven't paid back every single penny of that money either...

We had the 'audacity' (belter of a word) to not want to rip off local businesses etc.

Although to be fair, I'm sure that's the route that the vast majority of teams in our situation would take in Scotland... yeah.

Could you remind me how much money your chairman has had to put in to cover running costs recently? We are living well within our means, Ayr simply ain't, yet we still managed to poach one of your better players.

I think, as you lads say, you should 'deal with it'.

The money you are referring to is a soft loan put into the club from Cameron, money he has to invest into the club.

We are living within our means because we are not offering silly money in contracts that we simply can not afford to pay out, hence why we lost Moffat.

I am on a train just now and I can't be bothered looking it up, however was your chairman not quite clear that he couldn't continue to plough money in to the club and it had to start to sustain itself?

That is twisting it a bit

Maybe. Just had a quick look, what do you think of these comments?

"As a side note, we already spend more than we have because if we didnt, there would be very little that was able to be put towards a playing budget."

"This isnt a long term solution for any club and its not one that I want. However, for us to compete, it is a necessary evil until circumstances change. We need to find ways of increasing income without relying on the financial support of any benefactor."

We have signed Ryan Borris

Know of him but can any of you give more details?

Midfielder with a good bit of pace and bite. Featured mainly as a sub for us last season, but had a number of starts at the sharp end of the season and impressed. Think he will do well for you.

Archived