Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would say both are better than the strikers you lot currently have signed up for next season...

Anyway, terrific news so far, still early doors as well. Hopefully we can sign up Docherty/Andy Stirling and Grehan, plus a few fresh faces and we'll be straight back up fighting for a playoff spot next season.

And he is better than both the strikers you do

Rather than worry who has signed or not signed for us you would be better having a look at Irvine Vics or Annbank to see if you could get a couple of players on board but Marko prob say he cant compete with the wages they are paying

Rather than worry who has signed or not signed for us you would be better having a look at Irvine Vics or Annbank to see if you could get a couple of players on board but Marko prob say he cant compete with the wages they are paying

I'd rather we didnt give that clown any money at all and just let him fail as cheaply as possible

Fantastic work by the club so far, particularly happy about Franko, Mitchell, Bell and the return of the legend Malky!

The only thing left that'd really cap it off would be resigning Andy Stirling. Not sure how likely that is though, he's far too good to be part time. The link with Dunfermline is understandable, he ripped them apart at EEP a few months back.

Well done on getting Bell signed back up. A player I'd love to see back at forthbank one day. Quite a decent squad have been sighed up again. Where do Stranraer train during the week?

PS - I realise it's not quite GTF day but need a break from the Clyde fans.

Well done on getting Bell signed back up. A player I'd love to see back at forthbank one day.

He's a very different player to Bell mk1 but still effective. One of the toughest opponents in the league.

Stranraer start off training in the summer usually at Lochinch, Haggs, pollok country park. Then as the season starts they move to the all weather floodlit facility at Ralston, paisley.

Surprised Grehan has rejected the contract, has he had an other offer?

Good player but, not good enough to go full time again.

Presume he's hanging off for a better part-time deal elsewhere.

Albion Rovers, Stenny and Brechin all been offering silly money to players thus far apparently.

Is he still the creative type? Or has he had to adapt his game to become more defensive minded?

Stranraer fans would know better than me but in the games I saw he's a huge threat at set pieces, getting on the end of crosses (just as he was for us).

Very strong on the ball and in terms of winning the ball. Much more static - feeds the ball to others well. For us he was all-action, box-to-box (as he was when he was playing for you against us).

Ideal guy to have in this league - goal threat, keeps possession, tackles well. Got a tough streak to him too, though he's not the only player in the league to enjoy kicking Josh Falkingham!

Alleged nasty incident with Jim Jefferies instructing one of our players to crock him killed any chance of a return to East End.

Stranraer fans would know better than me but in the games I saw he's a huge threat at set pieces, getting on the end of crosses (just as he was for us).

Very strong on the ball and in terms of winning the ball. Much more static - feeds the ball to others well. For us he was all-action, box-to-box (as he was when he was playing for you against us).

Ideal guy to have in this league - goal threat, keeps possession, tackles well. Got a tough streak to him too, though he's not the only player in the league to enjoy kicking Josh Falkingham!

Alleged nasty incident with Jim Jefferies instructing one of our players to crock him killed any chance of a return to East End.

Yes . Given that was heard by Dunfermline supporters as well, was surprised he was not charged with bringing the game into disrepute.Thankfully we have a manager that promotes attacking play , is curtious and polite to visiting teams . No wonder our team is eager to sign up again . A true ambassador for the club.

As for Bell, a fantastic player for us last season. So glad he's on our side and not against us.

Would be very happy to get Grehan but he has rejected us in the past so may do so again.

In terms of being realistic he's as good as there is after Gemmell. Certainlyt better than McMenamin who has supposedly signed.

Regarding Stephen Bell I think that after his injury he has felt that he has been done out of a career at the top and is taking it out on others.

He wasn't dirty before. In the first game at EEP he deliberately stamped on one of our players ankles and got him sent off. In the playoff match he deliberately targeted Falkingham twice and once was off the ball.

Sorry but he's turned into a bitter arsehole, shame really.

Regarding Stephen Bell I think that after his injury he has felt that he has been done out of a career at the top and is taking it out on others.

He wasn't dirty before. In the first game at EEP he deliberately stamped on one of our players ankles and got him sent off. In the playoff match he deliberately targeted Falkingham twice and once was off the ball.

That's one sided nonsense and you know it.

Yes Bell fouled your player and was rightly booked. However it was the reaction of that player that got himself sent off. Possibly provoked but still actions that your player chose to pursue.

On the second point, after Bell had dominated Falkingham in the first game there was clearly a plan to dive around like a wee girl in the second game to get him in trouble early on. Falkingham has a track record for this behaviour having been previously sent off against Stranraer, playing for Arbroath for two cautions - diving and petulance.

In that instance, again yes there was contact. Falkingham going down and rolling around like he had been picked out by the EEP sniper before a miraculous recovery within seconds of the restart was a telling factor I would contend.

Falkingham is an imposter of a player who has failed to impress me for years with his histrionics. An occasional good moment does not substitute a whinging passenger who lives on the fact he once was at Leeds and contributes nothing like the product that he should.

I note you fail to reference the key moment in the game which was when one of your players could and should have received a red card for a shoulder/ head high challenge. Selective memory kicked in has it?

Had he been dismissed it would changed very little of course. Instead of being humiliated by pishy wee part time diddys Cowdenbeath, you would have been humiliated by pishy wee part time diddys Stranraer.

Looking forward to being in awe of your massive club again next year :)

In Stevy's defense, Falkingham is a wee w**k. Hope that clears things up.

Disappointed to hear about all three of Docherty, Grehan and especially Andy Stirling, who could do better than going to Dunfermline.

Anyway, another striker, a few defenders and a couple in midfield and things will be looking good again for next season.

Archived