Stranraer close-season thread

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to but, according to our former captains father our current manager was the reason Kevin left the first time. Steve Aitken has denied it in the local paper but, I feel there must be something in it.

Would be a great signing.

Thats gives me some hope. Very Goof player and he prob wasnt even 100% fit for us when on loan fae dumbarton and believe wasnt long back from injury

No nonscence player and fitted well into our team to allow others play,prob wont come to us but can only hope.

Hopefully stays that way CB

Done us a great job on loan end o last season but I'm sure they'll be a few clubs after his signature with more £££ to offer

Roll on Nov 14 (Our last month of debt repayments)

Think he was a reasonable third division player TBH - no more.

Tell that to Craig Malcolm :thumsup2

Well done on narrowly avoiding relegation to the 3rd division, what a fantastic achievement for East Fife Football Club. Strugglin

Malcolm WHO :guntoting:guntoting Longworth McKenna Grehan Deal with that

Yet you've achieved nothing of note ever. How sad

What have yous won in the last 20 year all i can remember is Stranraer winning titles and the challange cup double that year. cant say yous have done anything in the last 20 years :guns shot down in flames usual

What have yous won in the last 20 year all i can remember is Stranraer winning titles and the challange cup double that year. cant say yous have done anything in the last 20 years :guns shot down in flames usual

2nd division title, 2 1st division playoff wins, league cup final and another semi last year, Scottish cup semi and the quarters last.

Quick question, how long has it been since Stranrar finished above Ayr in a league or were a league above? Genuine question, I have the answer.

ETA:

Stranraer

League Cups

Ayr

League Cups

Didn't add our regional cups, and never been in the 4th tier of Scottish football:

Forever in our shaddows/you'll never take the Ayr blah blah blah

:guntoting :guntoting :guntoting :guntoting :guntoting

2005 Stranraer 2nd and promoted to 1st division. Ayr 5th and stayed in 2nd division....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Well, the 2006 when they were relegated back down, but basically correct.

Ayr of course are a much bigger club than Stranraer in terms of support, history etc but in reality they have severely underachieved in the last 20 years especially when Bill Barr money was floating about and more recently they have an absent owner who is desperate to sell the club and return overseas! Stranraer have won two titles a cup and achieved a promotion in recent times which for a small club is terrific! Worth noting that its not always the best team that wins a cup as Swansea, Wigan & St Mirren have proven this season but it is always the best team that wins a league!

Ayr of course are a much bigger club than Stranraer in terms of support, history etc but in reality they have severely underachieved in the last 20 years especially when Bill Barr money was floating about and more recently they have an absent owner who is desperate to sell the club and return overseas! Stranraer have won two titles a cup and achieved a promotion in recent times which for a small club is terrific! Worth noting that its not always the best team that wins a cup as Swansea, Wigan & St Mirren have proven this season but it is always the best team that wins a league!

Agree with you regarding the leagues, but maybe Swansea were not the best team to pick there, they did hump Liverpool away 3-1 and beat Chelsea over 2 legs to reach the final, however, as QOS showed this year, Partick and The Rangers, the best team do win the league, apart from Raith in the 08/09 season.....

As were Ayr also relegated the last twice they were in the 1st division after only a season!

Aye, but I did say if Stranraer were a league above, Ayr were the 2nd and Stranraer were the first that season.

2nd division title, 2 1st division playoff wins, league cup final and another semi last year, Scottish cup semi and the quarters last.

Quick question, how long has it been since Stranrar finished above Ayr in a league or were a league above? Genuine question, I have the answer.

ETA:

Stranraer

League Cups

Ayr

LeagueCups

Didn't add our regional cups, and never been in the 4th tier of Scottish football:

Forever in our shaddows/you'll never take the Ayr blah blah blah

:guntoting :guntoting :guntoting :guntoting :guntotingstill yous have not won as much as us in the last 20 years so this can keep going on and on the fact remaims yous still are not the biger team :guns:guns:guns:guns:guns:guns the toon only show in town.

Pettigrew has knocked yous back hopefully wee butch will do the same, who would want to work with farrell the guy is a w**k

stevie farrell is a class manger never mind no 2 ,so ware do you get off calling the guy a w**k and not even to his face your just hiding behind pie and bovril..to me your a bovral and a pure banger :guns:guns:guns:guns:guns

Archived