Stranraer close-season thread

Rumsby was very good last season this season not so. A steady partner in with him maybe would have made a difference

When you say he wasn't so good this season can you be more specific please. In my view he was as good as any other season but was suffering by playing in a n underperforming team with the likes of Keenan for the first couple of months. His only bad game was the 5-1 defeat to Dunfermline. He had flue the next week and then couldn't get back into the team due to bell/Robertson playing well.

So please be more specific

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you say he wasn't so good this season can you be more specific please. In my view he was as good as any other season but was suffering by playing in a n underperforming team with the likes of Keenan for the first couple of months. His only bad game was the 5-1 defeat to Dunfermline. He had flue the next week and then couldn't get back into the team due to bell/Robertson playing well.

So please be more specific

Imo I didnt think he played as well as he did the season befor ewhen he played with frank all year round, as I mentioned A steady partner in with him maybe would of made a difference. Which is what you have touched on

Imo I didnt think he played as well as he did the season befor ewhen he played with frank all year round, as I mentioned A steady partner in with him maybe would of made a difference. Which is what you have touched on

Most centre halves need a good partner but the inference is that he is the weaker of the two in terms of for example his partnership with Franco. I believe this is Bourne out of frank being captain and a bigger influence on the team. But in terms of football ability rumsby was head and shoulders above frank and I would suggest Robertson.

Most centre halves need a good partner but the inference is that he is the weaker of the two in terms of for example his partnership with Franco. I believe this is Bourne out of frank being captain and a bigger influence on the team. But in terms of football ability rumsby was head and shoulders above frank and I would suggest Robertson.

Agreed.

Maybe he is better in terms of ability but that doesnt mean form. Sorry I upset you with my opinion that I thought he wasnt playing to the standard as he did the season before.

Agreed.

Maybe he is better in terms of ability but that doesnt mean form. Sorry I upset you with my opinion that I thought he wasnt playing to the standard as he did the season before.

Not upset just need people to realise that playing in a n underperforming team can taint everyone withe the same brush

Not upset just need people to realise that playing in a n underperforming team can taint everyone withe the same brush

Just saying he wasnt as good as the year before. The said underperforming team were play off finalists?? After the underperforming players dropped out??

Incidentally their is a formatting issue with the official site. On my mobile and laptop the front-page is fine. I have been informed on other formats it appears as if some players on the page are leaving. They aren't. Everyone on the page is signed. Easy solved. I'll just type them tonight. That will please the critics. Lol.

Just saying he wasnt as good as the year before. The said underperforming team were play off finalists?? After the underperforming players dropped out??

Not true. Rumsby stopped playing after the Dunfermline game. There had already been a turnaround prior to this pretty much from the start of the year. Again we need facts not fiction!

Fooking hell. If there is one stranraer fan who is entitled to their opinion Without having to justify it it is blue toon 1870. Goes to virtually every game and does hunners for the club!!

Still gutted after Sunday but quietly confident for next season. Have a good squad getting out together for next season. As many have said we are a goal scorer away from being a even better team. Hopefully we can keep cairney as he was just showing sign of what a top class player he is. Talk of Reid going to queens next season. Hope we get things sorted asap as we can't afford another summer waiting about for a new manager like last season. Have a good summer blues and we go again in August

Fooking hell. If there is one stranraer fan who is entitled to their opinion Without having to justify it it is blue toon 1870. Goes to virtually every game and does hunners for the club!!

And by right I can challenge that opinion Is that not right?

I would have to agree with the idea that Rumsby was perhaps better last season than this. Whether that is down to changing partners (Mair, Bell, Keenan) or not I don't know. I think part of it is Frank leaving as well. I would go along with the idea that Rumsby is a better footballer than Frank and that is no disrespect to him. However, on the flip side, I would probably argue Frank is a stronger, more imposing character and more of a leader on the park. I would be happy to see Scott stay but at the same time would like to see him build on what has been a difficult season for him and the club.

What's stranraers fans opinion of Reid? Not really over enamoured if it is him that's chosen

He has never managed full time before but plenty part time experience. He got ayr relegated but they were part time in a league consisting of mainly full time clubs.

Would be happy to see what he can do

Still have my doubts over him. Came out just after Christmas that the players told him how they wanted to play and well the rest is history. Not sure if he would be a fit for full time football but hope it gets resolved quickly as we don't need another summer trying to get a manager while losing out on good players.

Archived