Stranraer close-season thread

If you can't find a place for him at Dumbarton we could back at Stranraer.

Best in centre mid. Box to box, heart and soul, puts tackles in, plays a simple pass, hassles the opposition all day.

As already mentioned when he first joined us was very raw.

Improved season after season to a point that he was one of the best in the league last season.

Wish you all the best.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started off as right back/wing back but was young and raw and defensively hopeless. Got forward well but didn't track back. Then got moved to centre mid where his energy made him one of the first pics in there. Definitely not a not 10. A disrupter/box to box. His power and pace is something we don't have this season.

If you can't find a place for him at Dumbarton we could back at Stranraer.

Best in centre mid. Box to box, heart and soul, puts tackles in, plays a simple pass, hassles the opposition all day.

As already mentioned when he first joined us was very raw.

Improved season after season to a point that he was one of the best in the league last season.

Wish you all the best.

Interesting that you are both in agreement as to where he's best. Seems very odd that Aitken - a guy who'll know him better than anyone I'd guess - is so persistent at playing him all over the place. Perhaps it's due to the fact we lack a guy to do the more difficult passes that he's better than no one. Him, Scott Brown and Jon Routledge are all defensively very decent, but lack a cutting edge that Scott Agnew had last season. That's what we're missing.

Good luck with the big Argentine lad, he's got serious cult hero potential.

• 6 months later...

Heard anything else about the two apparently headed our way? We've got two players signed up at the minute, and I'm gagging for some transfer news!

You'll have heard it all before, but genuinely there was no way that you lot deserved to miss out on promotion. Ayr were rancid in both legs and if Jamie Longworth had, had a bit of hair on his head then I'm sure you'd have been joining us next season. Penalties are sometimes a lottery, but this time, to be fair to him, Rab Glen had done his homework and effectively proved the difference between the teams. Remarkable a 'keeper coach can play such a big role in such a major game.

Heard anything else about the two apparently headed our way? We've got two players signed up at the minute, and I'm gagging for some transfer news!

You'll have heard it all before, but genuinely there was no way that you lot deserved to miss out on promotion. Ayr were rancid in both legs and if Jamie Longworth had, had a bit of hair on his head then I'm sure you'd have been joining us next season. Penalties are sometimes a lottery, but this time, to be fair to him, Rab Glen had done his homework and effectively proved the difference between the teams. Remarkable a 'keeper coach can play such a big role in such a major game.

GIRFUY

Wait 'til I tell him you're giving him the credit for winning the playoffs!

Wait 'til I tell him you're giving him the credit for winning the playoffs!

My brother's mates with his Son, I've already told him to pass on my regards! They live up the road from me too

ins - Smart Osadolar (Annan)

Scott Agnew (St Mirren)

Re-signed

Stevie Bell, Scott Robertson, Ryan Thomson, Wullie Gibson 18 month deal back in Jan, Max Currie, Calvin Kemp, Sam McCloskey and Kyle Tuirner

Out -  none so far find out tomorrow night I would guess Longworth, Rumsby, Keenan,Mair and Dick back to Falkirk

Stirling and Pettigrew to Dumbarton apparently

Belford, Cairney, and McGuigan all close on new deals I believe

ins - Smart Osadolar (Annan)

Scott Agnew (St Mirren)

Re-signed

Stevie Bell, Scott Robertson, Ryan Thomson, Wullie Gibson 18 month deal back in Jan, Max Currie, Calvin Kemp, Sam McCloskey and Kyle Tuirner

Out - none so far find out tomorrow night I would guess Longworth, Rumsby, Keenan,Mair and Dick back to Falkirk

Stirling and Pettigrew to Dumbarton apparently

Belford, Cairney, and McGuigan all close on new deals I believe

What's happened to the lad Rumsby? I remember us being linked with him when Aitken arrived and by all accounts he seemed to be very highly rated.

Archived