Liam Craig - St Johnstone Legend

I think we probably need an option on the left with MacLean and May likely to continue as a pair up front. I still can't believe Hibs made him look so bad, he's far better than what we've seen this season.

Don't want him back. He wouldn't get in the team anyway, he's not the answer I'm afraid, time to move on and forget. No matter how committed and good he was for saints.

I was going to post on WAP but its infuriating jut now, the amount of posts about how he turned his back on us and deserves everything he gets is incredible.

I'd love him back, we desperately need a left footed, left sided midfielder, and we desperately need more players who can chip in with goals. We need these players to fit in with our hard working ethos aswell. Craig is pretty much exactly what we need. But he left us to earn more money to support his family, so therefore I hope he rots in hell

I was going to post on WAP but its infuriating jut now, the amount of posts about how he turned his back on us and deserves everything he gets is incredible.

I'd love him back, we desperately need a left footed, left sided midfielder, and we desperately need more players who can chip in with goals. We need these players to fit in with our hard working ethos aswell. Craig is pretty much exactly what we need. But he left us to earn more money to support his family, so therefore I hope he rots in hell

He never turned his back on saints once. I'll never fault a player when he gave the level of commitment he did after agreeing to leave. All he wanted to do was support his family and saints weren't prepared to match his demands, Hibs were and good on him for getting that deal.

I just think there must be others out there, before we turn back to Craig.

I just think there must be others out there, before we turn back to Craig.

Maybe there is, but theres not another player available with the Premiership "pedigree" he has. With our reliance on youngsters this season we'll need reliable players in there aswell, he is that

Liam was a good player for us who suffered from lack of competition as he was for long periods the only left midfield option.

This resulted in him playing week in week out even when he was out of form or not fully fit.

We now have Spoony who can play in that position and bringing Liam back would add competition.

Some people have said we should be promoting some of the young kids but can you name me a goal scoring left sided wide midfielder

who is waiting in the wings and is ready for a first team start...??

will be well suited to a club like st.johnstone.

Agreed, can't understand why he stepped down in the first place

I think our big crowds frightened the poor wee soul, he'll be happy to be playing infront of 3000 fans again next season.

And again :lol:

I think our big crowds frightened the poor wee soul, he'll be happy to be playing infront of 3000 fans again next season.

True, you might have seen the best of him in your midweek visits to Cowdenbeath though, so its swings and roundabouts

True, you might have seen the best of him in your midweek visits to Cowdenbeath though, so its swings and roundabouts

Cowdenbeath the blue brazil will be getting taught a lesson from the

Samba boys in green who taught brazil how to play football.

Cowdenbeath the blue brazil will be getting taught a lesson from the

Samba boys in green who taught brazil how to play football.

:lol:

I'm sure they're quaking in their teeny weeny space boots.

I'd love him back, we desperately need a left footed, left sided midfielder, and we desperately need more players who can chip in with goals. We need these players to fit in with our hard working ethos aswell. Craig is pretty much exactly what we need.

Completely agree with this.

I haven't seen the WAP thread but I was speaking to a couple of normal Saints fans on Facebook who couldn't bring themselves to acknowledge the contribution he made over several years with Saints. I found it quite bizarre really.

In my eyes he perfectly fits the mould of the type of player and position we are looking to strengthen this summer - we really should bring him back. I can't imagine that we will be able to find anyone better for that position.

Won't Hibs be wanting a fee for him? If not, why not just free him with the others? Does it mean that if he can't find a club that suit him he'll be part of the Hibs squad next season?