The East Fife Thread

Interesting to see what Greig cough* Toro does with this team in summer and what players sign or he attracts to the club.

I would keep.

Fleming - has one more season at his age

Steele - solid defender

Denham - best signing this season along with Fleming.

Newton - has been strong every season

walls - top player like newton, Steele and Healy I feel he can be our future captain if we keep hold of those players and walls.

Healy - probably our best player if you take the loan signings away but needs be consistent.

Shepherd - definitely our only striker

Shiavone - keep another season

Not Fussed

millar - has been disappointing this season and his motivation has dipped from season relegated so wouldn’t be too fussed if he stayed or left.

mcmanus - he came back into side but I still don’t see the fuss or what he brings other than run about looking like jedward no offence.

omar - he has only featured 1/2 even though he’s been injured most I maybe hash but he’s I’m not fussed.

beveridge - if he’s only back up keeper we can afford them I’ll have him one more season so he belongs in this category but with Fleming at 39 years of age and a guy not really played much than play for Oakley etc I rather see someone takeover Fleming in future with bit more experience to challenge Fleming. Happily take Jamieson if kelty don’t want him either and is onloan at Airdrie for example.

murdoch - his age isn’t getting any younger tbf so therefore falls into this category.

page - one of strangest signings and has done well but again not fussed if he stays or moves on.

release

mackenzie Williamson - youth players are roll of dice sometimes they good and some that will fade probably hasn’t made the cut and I won’t be surprise considering he’s the oldest of the u20 team.

cunningham - he looked to have found his level onloan there, has struggled at outlet level and found nowhere near the first team.

slattery - people banging on he’s due testimonial etc etc but if he’s not getting near first team it’s time to move on.

mansouri - isn’t going be near the first team

williamson - his time is up, signed a year since his trial last July. 

trouten - I feel we’re a better team without him, I dunno what he does rather his penalties and his experience minus he will be a lot older next season and slower.

loans

Young - he’ll probably go back out onloan to another side but we didn’t see enough playing time or add anything apart from one goal against a poor Stranraer side that was well beaten under hamill on their day.

ferguson - he was my favourite player and deserve the awards he received, disappointed he signed a contract at st Johnstone I would have him sign up asap or back onloan again. Fantastic player.

Steven - like young he struggled at times but gave everything for the cause. would definitely sign him or give another season.

denholm - young player help us out in numbers but would like see more of Aidan.

Quinn - he looks the part I would sign him up asap if Montrose don’t want him and pre season he will be back to player we had before his injuries tbf.

but it’ll be interesting to see what we do now the play offs are over.

3 hours ago, Granty1903 said:

Sorry but Wev beat you to it 

4 hours ago, Granty1903 said:

Sorry but Wev beat you to it 

I’m not sure. If we are in for him (not sure if we are) and you are in for him…. There’s only one winner

9 hours ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Interesting to see what Greig cough* Toro does with this team in summer and what players sign or he attracts to the club.

I would keep.

Steele - solid defender

walls - top player like newton, Steele and Healy I feel he can be our future captain if we keep hold of those players and walls.

Healy - probably our best player if you take the loan signings away but needs be consistent.

Not Fussed

millar - has been disappointing this season and his motivation has dipped from season relegated so wouldn’t be too fussed if he stayed or left.

mcmanus - he came back into side but I still don’t see the fuss or what he brings other than run about looking like jedward no offence.

omar - he has only featured 1/2 even though he’s been injured most I maybe hash but he’s I’m not fussed.

beveridge - if he’s only back up keeper we can afford them I’ll have him one more season so he belongs in this category but with Fleming at 39 years of age and a guy not really played much than play for Oakley etc I rather see someone takeover Fleming in future with bit more experience to challenge Fleming. Happily take Jamieson if kelty don’t want him either and is onloan at Airdrie for example.

murdoch - his age isn’t getting any younger tbf so therefore falls into this category.

page - one of strangest signings and has done well but again not fussed if he stays or moves on.

release

mackenzie Williamson - youth players are roll of dice sometimes they good and some that will fade probably hasn’t made the cut and I won’t be surprise considering he’s the oldest of the u20 team.

cunningham - he looked to have found his level onloan there, has struggled at outlet level and found nowhere near the first team.

slattery - people banging on he’s due testimonial etc etc but if he’s not getting near first team it’s time to move on.

trouten - I feel we’re a better team without him, I dunno what he does rather his penalties and his experience minus he will be a lot older next season and slower.

loans

Young - he’ll probably go back out onloan to another side but we didn’t see enough playing time or add anything apart from one goal against a poor Stranraer side that was well beaten under hamill on their day.

ferguson - he was my favourite player and deserve the awards he received, disappointed he signed a contract at st Johnstone I would have him sign up asap or back onloan again. Fantastic player.

Steven - like young he struggled at times but gave everything for the cause. would definitely sign him or give another season.

Quinn - he looks the part I would sign him up asap if Montrose don’t want him and pre season he will be back to player we had before his injuries tbf.

If you can’t see McManus is a top player then you need to Jack in football and take up solitaire

I would keep.

Steele - solid defender

Not Fussed

release

loans

What a load of pish!

I would keep.

Steele - solid defender

Not Fussed

release

loans

McManus is probably our best player? An absolute baller in midfield. Yes he lacks pace but his composure, technique, awareness etc all there to see. Easily a good League 1 player. 

I agree with most other points but we still need a left back especially if Pat and Murdoch leave. Newton has really grown this season but may still struggle against an experienced winger. 

48 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Heard further on Austin. DC not keen after talking to him by sound of it so will not be coming here 

Aye I would have been surprised if he ended up at you guys. You can obviously offer more money and a better league but I think Fash is now nearly 30, was out injured a lot last season as well. He can almost certainly still tear it up in L2 but not sure he was every quite Championship standard. The convenience of Bayview being 5 minutes down the road from his house will likely also play a factor at this stage of his career, particularly with him having two young weans. 

On 13/05/2023 at 13:32, 1320Lichtie said:

Got told Austin to us was a done deal ages ago but could be wrong 

You wouldn't want him neeb barely got it going in League 1 mainly due to injury but certainly would be a bit part player at championship level if that 

11 hours ago, Kelheart said:

You wouldn't want him neeb barely got it going in League 1 mainly due to injury but certainly would be a bit part player at championship level if that 

Well we were definitely interested but sounds as if it’s definitely not happening for whatever reason 

Maybe a good thing then 

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

As far as I'm aware, contracts run until 31st of May.

Clubs probably waiting until after then before announcing anything publically.

Feel like if that's the case we will be left behind with signing of new players as the rest of the league contenders next season have a settled squad and are starting to make signings already.

Trust Greigs judgement on players but we are back in for pre season in about 3 weeks

We'll be in exactly the same position as every other side whose season is finished. We'll have agreed contract extensions with some players, not offered contracts to others, some will have turned contracts down and we're likely talking with potential new signings. We just haven't announced yet. We always tend to be a bit slower than other teams with the announcements.

Also we already have Allan Fleming and Ryan Schiavone who signed 2 Year deals last season and Brogan Walls who signed an extension last season also!!!

Fleming

???    ???    Page    Newton

Walls   McManus    ???    ???

Schiavone    ???