The East Fife Thread

Congratulations on sealing a Play off place. I know 3rd place is still up for grabs, but with our record against Dumbarton, we are probably better off taking or chances against Clyde.

With the potential of 4 games in 2 weeks coming up, next week against Forfar, might be a chance to give some fringe players an opportunity & to wrap others in cotton wool & rest them.

Watched the lower league highlights on YouTube earlier today. 2 cracking goals from Healy and Ferguson. Both have stood done well for you.

Think Jack can player higher right now? You'll be home he stays with you and he proves himself in L1. He's out of contract in the summer right?

Just to confirm that Bawbee Brig now closed and Temporary Bridge in place.Path in place from roundabout at Bawbee Brig to new roundabout at South Road for those who wish to walk.Would suggest parking at Swimming Pool and walking to Bayview for those who do not wish to park at Bayview.

So does a Play-Off thread for us and Clyde go into this Forum or the League 1 one???

On 17/04/2023 at 12:32, Widge said:

So the question lads, just how good is Alex Ferguson?

I see he's been racking up the assists for you guys as well as scoring a few goals too. The reason I ask is because we're woefully short on a central midfielder who's able to actually look up and pick a pass. That being said we'd need our strikers to score the chances, but creating them is the first step. Depending on what happens with our new manager, he may well get a decent chance next season, or at least the League Cup group stage games.

Went to your game against Dundee Utd last week, and whilst Ferguson certainly is a player, the difference in size with what I saw there is like night and day.

Probably do him good to go on loan to a Championship side next season. Also, if you guys are struggling next season, someone like him could be seen as a bit of a luxury.

Like I said though, there's a player there, just not quite ready in my opinion. Anyway, this relationship seems to be suiting both parties, so long may it continue.

Sad not to get a crack at the final but hey ho. Onto next season.

Fleming, Steele, Denham, Newton, Healy, McManus, Walls, Schiavone, Shepherd - keep

Slattery, Murdoch, Millar - Not sure on these 3, they've been good players for us over the years but Murdoch I think might be on the wane and the other two haven't featured much.

Beveridge, Omar, Trouten, Cunningham, Mansouri, Page, Williamson, Gallacher (if he's still here) - I'd let all these guys go. A few haven't featured, a few just don't look good enough, guys like Page shouldn't be in our squad anymore and Trouten looks done in. 

Loans - I'd keep Quinn if we could, we'll never keep Ferguson, Denholm looked like he might have something. Taylor Steven and Connor Young haven't had a chance to feature so I'd guess we won't keep them on. 

Hopefully we're a bit sharper on the squad building this year. Last summer was torture waiting for signings.

44 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Fleming, Steele, Denham, Newton, Healy, McManus, Walls, Schiavone, Shepherd - keep

Slattery, Murdoch, Millar - Not sure on these 3, they've been good players for us over the years but Murdoch I think might be on the wane and the other two haven't featured much.

Beveridge, Omar, Trouten, Cunningham, Mansouri, Page, Williamson, Gallacher (if he's still here) - I'd let all these guys go. A few haven't featured, a few just don't look good enough, guys like Page shouldn't be in our squad anymore and Trouten looks done in. 

Loans - I'd keep Quinn if we could, we'll never keep Ferguson, Denholm looked like he might have something. Taylor Steven and Connor Young haven't had a chance to feature so I'd guess we won't keep them on. 

Hopefully we're a bit sharper on the squad building this year. Last summer was torture waiting for signings.

I'd keep Beveridge. Played twice this season and done well both times. Id also keep Slattery but not sure if he fancies it.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Trouten has been class the second half of the season. Dropping into midfield has changed our season along with the return of McManus. 

3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

I think Pat will want to stay if there is a chance of him getting his testimonial next season!!!

I would keep Murdoch, Slattery and Millar. Every chance we will lose atleast Ferguson this summer and we need to keep our experienced players. I think Slattery and Millar could work well together as Millar loves pressing the ball. Trouten has been good lately but he won't come back from pre-season any sharper. 

Quite excited to see who Greig brings in. I have heard from several people that Nathan Austin is close to signing but can't see it. 

38 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I would keep Murdoch, Slattery and Millar. Every chance we will lose atleast Ferguson this summer and we need to keep our experienced players. I think Slattery and Millar could work well together as Millar loves pressing the ball. Trouten has been good lately but he won't come back from pre-season any sharper. 

Quite excited to see who Greig brings in. I have heard from several people that Nathan Austin is close to signing but can't see it. 

Got told Austin to us was a done deal ages ago but could be wrong