The East Fife Thread

I really fear for us and it’s not even panic stations yet after that performance. the appointment is on par like Crawford meh? the subs the manager still doesn’t trust those on the bench and we miss balde if he’s not playing. yet we should be beating teams like Annan, Albion etc and we haven’t recently?

1 hour ago, tazz1903 said:

Five points from relegation to the lowland league , 🙄

That’s scary considering Forfar had a turn of fortune with a appointment of experience manager can do. Us there’s no plan, ambition etc and January on a couple winkle weeks ahead.

17 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Five points from relegation to the lowland league , 🙄

We’ll going by current form under Greig McDonald in our last competitive 6 games we have managed one victory against 10 man Elgin City. In the process we have been averaging losing 2.5 goals a game. If alarm bells aren’t ringing upstairs in the board room then they should be. The squad Crawford built in the summer has so many holes in it. The first thing McDonald has to do is make us harder to beat teams are scoring at will against us. It’s hard if you need to score 3 goals a game to win a match. Saturday will be your proverbial 6 pointer if we lose then we will really be sucked into the bottom half of the table. Only 3 more games to the January window by the time that comes round I fear we could be in real trouble. Of the starting 11 on Saturday only Fleming and Healy made any teal positive contribution. Then you look at the bench and the options to change anything are minimal, he has players on the bench not getting a chance to show what they can do. Most of the players with the jersey know no matter how bad they are they will play again next week. 

It’s been pointed out since the season started by most fans what we need.Players with experience of playing at a higher level.The substitutes  don’t ever get game time ,how are they ever expected to get match fit or prove themselves.The players that play week in week out some of them should have been dropped along time ago.We signed a player who was injured when we did not even have a manager and interviewing for one..Did we ever have the intention of gettting a new manager from outwith the club.

I can’t believe we are not playing at home on Jan 2.The time of year that fans look forward to and friends and family come along increasing the gate and the INCOME. Another bad decision to go with the admission prices.

18 hours ago, AndoFifer1903 said:

And yet we’re 4 points from 3rd but that’s not getting pointed out 

This is true, but our next 4 fixtures, 3 are against teams above us in the league, our form is draw, lost , lost ,lost. just a slight concern . 

• 2 weeks later...

Good news for you guys is Stranraer have really struggled to turn up away from home this season.

Considering not turning up either given the admission price, no cash turnstiles are ball ache too. 
Weather been stinking, don’t want to commit to a ticket online then the game get postponed and can’t make the rearranges fixture. 

7 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Good news for you guys is Stranraer have really struggled to turn up away from home this season.

Considering not turning up either given the admission price, no cash turnstiles are ball ache too. 
Weather been stinking, don’t want to commit to a ticket online then the game get postponed and can’t make the rearranges fixture. 

You can pay with cash at the office. I get into all home games like that.

On 03/12/2022 at 20:10, fifer67 said:

Greig McDonald still getting an easy ride from the fans but not much positive to come out of that today. We are hardly a threat going forward with the exception of Healy who is making good improvement. The defending is absolutely shambolic and it is given the team a mountain to climb every game. Hardly any intensity to our play and we get opened up with ease time after time. Fleming kept us in that game up to half time but you knew we were odds on to lose more goals after the break. Crowds below 500 how far are we going to fall we need some experience brought in and some height and physical presence at the back. We really can’t afford another crap transfer window as the last 3 or 4 have put us in this dodgy position of getting drawn into a fight for survival.

It really does sound like history repeating itself once again as this is very much pointing towards the Stirling team that he managed all those years ago. The big difference then was big Jordon White, who was absolutely lethal at this level and has obviously went on to carve out a decent to good career for himself in the SPL, but East Fife don't have a player like that and you have to fear for your team.

I found it a strange appointment at the time, although a really top bloke...publicly at least, he didn't appear to be cut out to manage at this level. Many will point to Greig's promotion win as proof that he is, but as I mentioned above, that really was something of a 1 man show in my opinion and he got extremely lucky that he had White. However, look at the squad he assembled in League 1 the season after, that totally summed his time and signings up for me, and the Defence was absolutely chronic. We then stumbled on another disaster by appointing Stuart McLaren but it didn't matter who was coming in, that side was doomed and needed ripped apart in the summer to start again regardless.

East Fife fans won't care about Stirling of the past, of course not, but for your sake I was hoping he had learned a lot at Annan then as Assistant at East Fife but it would seem that's not been the case. Although, to cut him some slack, it's early days and he'll need time to bring players in to "shore you up" but history tells us that things won't get much better for you sadly.

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

It really does sound like history repeating itself once again as this is very much pointing towards the Stirling team that he managed all those years ago. The big difference then was big Jordon White, who was absolutely lethal at this level and has obviously went on to carve out a decent to good career for himself in the SPL, but East Fife don't have a player like that and you have to fear for your team.

I found it a strange appointment at the time, although a really top bloke...publicly at least, he didn't appear to be cut out to manage at this level. Many will point to Greig's promotion win as proof that he is, but as I mentioned above, that really was something of a 1 man show in my opinion and he got extremely lucky that he had White. However, look at the squad he assembled in League 1 the season after, that totally summed his time and signings up for me, and the Defence was absolutely chronic. We then stumbled on another disaster by appointing Stuart McLaren but it didn't matter who was coming in, that side was doomed and needed ripped apart in the summer to start again regardless.

East Fife fans won't care about Stirling of the past, of course not, but for your sake I was hoping he had learned a lot at Annan then as Assistant at East Fife but it would seem that's not been the case. Although, to cut him some slack, it's early days and he'll need time to bring players in to "shore you up" but history tells us that things won't get much better for you sadly.

Us and Stenhousemuir worst form teams in the league, crowd below 400 on Saturday (various potential reasons for that) and continues with more or less the same line up week in, week out. Dropped one of our more threatening players who was MOM the week previously!  2 loanees on the bench who need sent back, if he's not fancying them try and get others in.

Glaring issues in defence and persists on playing some players in unnatural positions. Maybe it is early days as manager but would guess he had an input in squad build under Crawford.  We are not an attractive proposition for players coming in January. Hopefully history doesn't repeat.

16 hours ago, Mattmc said:

With their excessive prices and the difficult admission arrangements you would be forgiven for thinking that East Fife don’t want people to attend their home games 

On Greig, I would add to BB Bino's post that for me it wasn't inability to manage that killed him at Stirling, it was a lack of ruthlessness towards the players who got us promoted. Yes we went up in the playoffs, but we conceded 54 goals that season. The defence needed a total rebuild for league 1, but Greig didn't do it.   Losing Jordan White and a great centre half left us with a shambles of a team.

If he's learned from that then he's worth a shot, as to be fair to him he inherited a mess at New Bayview, he didn't create it.

Well we’ll not much festive cheer for the Fife faithful this is really turning into a car crash. No victory since October and the performances are getting worse by the week. The lack of leadership in the boardroom and in the management must have every fan who cares about the club deeply concerned. The standard of football on display is as bad as I can remember. If we don’t make several signings in January the only road is down . Hard to believe how far we have fallen in the space of 30 months. Problem is there isn’t much further we can fall.. Hopefully someone in high places had an idea how to arrest the slide.

Problems start with who the manager is since he has been appointed as manager I fell for us and who he is going to recruit in this window coming up remains to be seen.

no winning a game since October is pretty worrying where the next win is coming from and we don’t know our best team with consistent changing of Shiavone, Steele, Trouten etc

I for one really hope he convinces me to change my opinion of the club.

Worst performing team in the league, manager clueless, team selection week on week beggars belief. Steele was decent last outing, for a change, then on the bench!

Some will say 3 points from 3rd, but it's 3 points from 9th and most teams have some shape of form. Slowly sliding to lowland league, no decent player will touch the club. Dictation of loan players playing status needs to cease.