The East Fife Thread

I'll respond Mr E so as not to let you down. First time poster so please be gentle. I've been to most games with the exception of Elgin away. Where we are is purely down to the poor quality of all bar one team in the league and they presently sit top. Yesterday was a hard watch, 10 men and plenty of attack minded players but we fanny about at the back. A goal was inevitable. Play the game in their half at least. £18 is tough to pay, even worse watching that. 

The signings have been pretty poor. I've read comments on Facebook and AFTN and in fairness a lot of people make good points. 

Fleming looks shaky, Mercer uninterested, Steel gives me the fear every time he is on the ball and Murdoch looks like he is towing a caravan. Denham has been outstanding and has real potential. Palmer looks like a duck out of water and what has happened to Williamson, was excellent in pre season and league Cup! Taken off at 2-0 up at Annan and hasn't been seen since. We drew 2-2.

Ferguson will not be here after Christmas, he has been outstanding and deserves to be playing in a higher league. Fingers crossed he stays, didn't have a great game at Stenny when Liam Craig was watching so hopefully that works in our favour.

Trouten looks uninterested unless it's a penalty, Balde flatters to deceive and Steven needs to go back to U/20 football. He came on yesterday, did nothing and failed to chase anything down. Has he even scored? Healy has been good, dips in with great goals but only in flashes and Shepherd runs himself ragged. We miss Walls energy and a true dirty leader who roasts his team mates and motivates those around him. 

Hopefully Mcdonald has some fresh ideas. To be fair, a good run but Forfar, Bonnyrigg and Elgin aren't good teams. Stenny beat us twice, Stirling ran over us and Dumbarton bullied us.

Anyhow at least we ain't down at the trapdoor. Mon the Fife.

1 hour ago, Taxi41 said:

I'll respond Mr E so as not to let you down. First time poster so please be gentle. I've been to most games with the exception of Elgin away. Where we are is purely down to the poor quality of all bar one team in the league and they presently sit top. Yesterday was a hard watch, 10 men and plenty of attack minded players but we fanny about at the back. A goal was inevitable. Play the game in their half at least. £18 is tough to pay, even worse watching that. 

The signings have been pretty poor. I've read comments on Facebook and AFTN and in fairness a lot of people make good points. 

Fleming looks shaky, Mercer uninterested, Steel gives me the fear every time he is on the ball and Murdoch looks like he is towing a caravan. Denham has been outstanding and has real potential. Palmer looks like a duck out of water and what has happened to Williamson, was excellent in pre season and league Cup! Taken off at 2-0 up at Annan and hasn't been seen since. We drew 2-2.

Ferguson will not be here after Christmas, he has been outstanding and deserves to be playing in a higher league. Fingers crossed he stays, didn't have a great game at Stenny when Liam Craig was watching so hopefully that works in our favour.

Trouten looks uninterested unless it's a penalty, Balde flatters to deceive and Steven needs to go back to U/20 football. He came on yesterday, did nothing and failed to chase anything down. Has he even scored? Healy has been good, dips in with great goals but only in flashes and Shepherd runs himself ragged. We miss Walls energy and a true dirty leader who roasts his team mates and motivates those around him. 

Hopefully Mcdonald has some fresh ideas. To be fair, a good run but Forfar, Bonnyrigg and Elgin aren't good teams. Stenny beat us twice, Stirling ran over us and Dumbarton bullied us.

Brilliant! 

I wish I'd stopped reading at the AFTN bit. 

AFTN died on its arse circa 2008.

If you can't see the quality that Joao Balde provides then I'm not quite sure what to say. 

Keep the faith though pal 😁

Taxi get those stats on AFTN as well? or maybe from Woolworths or John Menzies?

Banter aside as a previous poster said if you can’t see that Balde is a player then I can’t help you.

Arguably MoM in a handful of our games this season. On Saturday I think two different sites on social medial voted him as player of the week in our division.

Why bother having team news on the website when you do not give accurate or whole information. McManus and Gallacher are regularly mentioned as missing out but for instance, what is amiss with Schiavone causing him to miss the las 2 games? This has happened before with Trouten and another whose name escapes me at the moment. What’s the point of giving team news when selective players are missing but no reasons given.

On 30/10/2022 at 19:18, Taxi41 said:

It is work in progress and you cannot deny that we are now more competitive than we were earlier in the season.  I agree about the "fannying" (what does that actually mean) about too much at the back, but in that game against Elgin, they made it very difficult to get through them after the sending off and in hindsight, the long ball launched into their box would probably have been the better option in the 1st half.  BUT, after they scored, they looked for the winner and their defence was not so solid as a result, what happened?  We started to get through them still playing football, not long balls, and forced the penalty to win the game.  You said we were bullied by Dumbarton, but so did Bonnyrigg at Bayview and we gave them a good gubbing at Bonnyrigg!  If you can't see any progress, then you are blinkered.

One thing that certainly isn't lacking, is the commitment to the final whistle , to get something from the games.
Our 2nd half performance certainly merited something from the game, and thankfully Jack Healy produced the wonder goal again.
Can we try and not leave it so late though!

What is glaringly obvious, is the lack of strikers. Shepherd puts his all into every game he plays, but there doesn't seem to be a great end product. He is much better when there's a 2nd striker beside him.

On 30/10/2022 at 19:18, Taxi41 said:

How long did it take you to sit and come up with all this in your head. What a load of utter lies!! I suppose the next time you post you will say football is a game of opinions but if you cant see how good balde is then im speechless. 

Great goal from Healy but I really think he would develop the talent he obviously has for going forward if he was better coached or advised about the rest of his game.  That is also applicable to a couple of the other young players talent is there but needs better support/coaching

2 hours ago, flyfifer48 said:

Great goal from Healy but I really think he would develop the talent he obviously has for going forward if he was better coached or advised about the rest of his game.  That is also applicable to a couple of the other young players talent is there but needs better support/coaching

For the purpose of clarity, how many coaching sessions have you observed?

10 minutes ago, 7 Eleven said:

For the purpose of clarity, how many coaching sessions have you observed?

For clarity of purpose  60+ years of watching playing and coaching football. And you experience is??? If your that ignorant you can't see the comments are about improving players I suppose you will be excellent at Football manager

1 hour ago, flyfifer48 said:

For clarity of purpose  60+ years of watching playing and coaching football. And you experience is??? If your that ignorant you can't see the comments are about improving players I suppose you will be excellent at Football manager

So with all of that experience you should know it is not always down to the coach. Players need to take responsibility for their own development too. The coaching might be more than adequate, however the player(s) ability to absorb and implement that information might not. Hence, asking how many sessions you have seen. I'm assuming none by your response. As for my experience, I'm not going to play a game of Top Trumps with you on a public forum, but I'm more than happy at my knowledge of how the game works.