The East Fife Thread

3 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Because he started the last two seasons good. last season he left for work commitments after he done pre-season he came back then went in another huff and we was in a much bigger hole as a team on the park never mind leaving, fans trust went out the window for an individual that the club had as goal scorer/striker we currently had tied down. No wonder fans, now the club have decided to part ways on a player that gave his all for east fife remember the time Bobby linn left for Arbroath.

We probably see last of him in an east fife top.

Bobby Linn had a year at Ballingry. Probably making about 30 grand for himself. Before signing for us 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Bobby Linn had a year at Ballingry. Probably making about 30 grand for himself. Before signing for us 

You are correct about the Ballingry move and how long did they last??????

L

35 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Only guess is East Fife waited too long to announce his departure and it was already all done before Friday

No doubt Wallace expressed a desire to leave a wee while ago probably as far back as during the run in last season when he allegedly had an injury and was out for weeks!!!!!
I am guessing that the board, having paid Arbroath a fee for him were not going to just let him off the hook therefore “a deal was done” recently.

If anyone think we are paying even a singular pound for Ryan Wallace they are kidding themselves on. If he was costing any sort of cash he most definitely wouldn’t be signing for us, or anyone else in this league. 

Surely you’d just be happy to get shot of him? By the sounds of things none of you wanted him and he didn’t want to be there. Ripping up his contract seems like a sensible move from your board.

10 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

You are correct about the Ballingry move and how long did they last??????

Went bust the season after I am sure. My work mate was on the phone to Bobby while he was deciding between us and Ballingry and I was obviously like come to us etc etc and then he mentioned what Ballingry were paying guys (cash in hand too presumably) and it was absolutely wild 

Dunno if East Fife paid anything for Wallace though he just rejected a new deal with us and it was genuinely because he didn’t want to play in the Championship 

53 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Surely just happy to get the guy off the wage bill?

No one is paying a fee for a guy of his age and poor stats of recent years. A player from the outside who is on the decline and one of your higher earners you would think.

Why so much seethe regarding him?

The seethe comes from the players attitude all of last season. He fell out with Darren Young and went out of the game due to “work commitments” then missed several weeks of the run in when we were in a desperate situation with injuries with an “injury” and in between times he was noticeably having a go at teammates during games when he was hardly playing at the top of his game himself. A real let down when all said and done. Not someone you would want beside you in the trenches to coin an old saying.

2 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

The seethe comes from the players attitude all of last season. He fell out with Darren Young and went out of the game due to “work commitments” then missed several weeks of the run in when we were in a desperate situation with injuries with an “injury” and in between times he was noticeably having a go at teammates during games when he was hardly playing at the top of his game himself. A real let down when all said and done. Not someone you would want beside you in the trenches to coin an old saying.

So you now have got rid of a bad apple, who will be on a decent wage, who hasn't hit a barn door in a number of years.

I'd be delighted. Not seething.

Edited by Neilly

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Thinking that anyone is drappin £5k on Ryan Wallace.

Small sum of money to get a player under contract elsewhere 

If clubs don’t do or push for that then they’re effectively saying there is absolutely zero point in the contracts they’ve got players signed to 

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What’s funny?

Absolutely nobody is paying anything close to 5k for a 31 year old player in League 2 this season. You're suggesting the East Fife board keep a perceived bad influence on at the club (probably against the managers will) over a 5k ransom that nobody will pay. The sensible decision is to reach an agreement for his release and all parties to move on. Not sure why there is so much being made of it when it's been clear for months Wallace wasn't happy there (and by the looks of this thread nobody was happy with Wallace). 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Small sum of money to get a player under contract elsewhere 

If clubs don’t do or push for that then they’re effectively saying there is absolutely zero point in the contracts they’ve got players signed to 

I’m sure it would be a different story if it was someone they could actually get money for.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely nobody is paying anything close to 5k for a 31 year old player in League 2 this season. You're suggesting the East Fife board keep a perceived bad influence on at the club (probably against the managers will) over a 5k ransom that nobody will pay. The sensible decision is to reach an agreement for his release and all parties to move on. Not sure why there is so much being made of it when it's been clear for months Wallace wasn't happy there (and by the looks of this thread nobody was happy with Wallace). 

Like I said above it’s just the principle of it. Now any player who wants to move from East Fife can just go into a huff and get a move 

3 minutes ago, Neilly said:

So you now have got rid of a bad apple, who will be on a decent wage, who hasn't hit a barn door in a number of years.

I'd be delighted. Not seething.

Neilly, be honest, would you be happy to pay out for a season ticket and then see a player in your team who looked as though he couldn’t be bothered, that’s when he decided he wanted to be on the park, and also be disruptive with teammates.

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Like I said above it’s just the principle of it. Now any player who wants to move from East Fife can just go into a huff and get a move 

It happens all the time. 2 year deals (or longer) don't work out and all parties reach an agreement to cancel the contract and let the player and club move on. Who was the last club to pay money at this level for a contracted player?

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It happens all the time. 2 year deals (or longer) don't work out and all parties reach an agreement to cancel the contract and let the player and club move on. Who was the last club to pay money at this level for a contracted player?

Falkirk.

Chortle Chortle

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I have absolutely no idea but off the top of my head I can’t really think of many situations like this one happening either 

3 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Neilly, be honest, would you be happy to pay out for a season ticket and then see a player in your team who looked as though he couldn’t be bothered, that’s when he decided he wanted to be on the park, and also be disruptive with teammates.

Any player who has handed in the towel or a nuisance I would want out of my football club so under these circumstances I would be delighted.

This guy is out of your football club. I am honestly really struggling what could have been a better outcome for your club at this stage?

Surely you would be more unhappy if he stayed at the club haemorrhaging a wage and getting no value for him if he's that bad an egg?

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Darvel paid Forfar a five figure sum just this week?