The East Fife Thread

Had high hopes to go along with high season ticket prices that we would have had at least a couple of decent signings ready to announce on 1st June when most contracts run out at end of May?????

Also I am afraid that entry to see 2 LL teams in friendlies with ST doesn’t inspire me to purchase one!!!!!! Just hope that getting a season ticket next season doesn’t allow me to see a lot more LL teams!!!!!

Guest AberhillEnd
18 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

Also I am afraid that entry to see 2 LL teams in friendlies with ST doesn’t inspire me to purchase one!!!!!! Just hope that getting a season ticket next season doesn’t allow me to see a lot more LL teams!!!!!

The opposite view is that playing teams that are superior only results in us running about and not getting a touch of the ball !

Think the boards justification for the prices has always been that reducing it by £20-30 won't actually achieve anything as it won't cause more people to buy them, it just means we'll have less cash. Not the most "ambitious" viewpoint in terms of growing the fan base but I think that's just where we are at the moment. It's not a great look though when you compare our prices with every club below the Premiership, particularly when the "fan experience" at our one-stand stadium Bayview is undoubtedly one of the worst in the country. 

I get that reducing the season ticket prices might be counter productive, but we have to think long term and start to encourage the next generation of supporters now. Our home support must be around the 400 mark and dropping by the year I would think so we have to try new things and encourage more people.

I find it bizarre anyone is justifying these prices and that there hasn't been more of a backlash. It's scandalous and the loyal fans are being taken advantage of.

Championship clubs have cheaper season tickets as do full time teams in league one like Falkirk.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

I find it bizarre anyone is justifying these prices and that there hasn't been more of a backlash. It's scandalous and the loyal fans are being taken advantage of.

Championship clubs have cheaper season tickets as do full time teams in league one like Falkirk.

You will probably find that there won’t be so much a vocal backlash as people just not bothering to buy a season ticket and choosing their games to attend. 2 friendlies against LL teams now included for the extortionately high price of the ST will not cut it for many at this time of financial hardship.

Just now, WhoAmI said:

You will probably find that there won’t be so much a vocal backlash as people just not bothering to buy a season ticket and choosing their games to attend. 2 friendlies against LL teams now included for the extortionately high price of the ST will not cut it for many at this time of financial hardship.

Would be very interesting for one of the forum’s valued statisticians to set out a league table of ST costs.  For once we may be league champions!!!!!!!!

I think it sums up the general apathy around the place at the moment.

Would be very interesting for one of the forum’s valued statisticians to set out a league table of ST costs.  For once we may be league champions!!!!!!!!

SirScottYoung already did that, and it doesn’t make for very flattering reading!!!
IMG_1654251667.198894.jpg

The fact that there is at least one Premier League Club with cheaper ST’s than us is laughable!!!

I honestly can not believe your board think that’s an acceptable amount for League 2 football in Scotland. If your walk up prices are that high then you’ll drive away a lot of away support as well

SirScottYoung already did that, and it doesn’t make for very flattering reading!!!
IMG_1654251667.198894.thumb.jpg.9f973bb758981a8a9b262ea4b81a4f33.jpg

That’s unbelievable. They still haven’t announced individual ticket prices, but I would imagine around £18 per game?

The board are so out of touch it’s frightening.

1 hour ago, LondonFife said:

Don’t know if I’m being pessimistic / but Crawford saying looking to get in maximum 4 more players. Small squad or more of the under 20s set to step up? 

If we are only signing 4 more players what’s the justification in the high season ticket price.If Crawford thinks we only need 4 more players ,was he not watching last seasons football.We were terrible and his two wins out of 22 proves it.Players stepping up from the under 20s appears to be the rumour.They should have been introduced last season to see if they were good enough.Last season he brought in young inexperienced players and it did not work.

Edited by troy

Guest AberhillEnd
1 hour ago, LondonFife said:

Don’t know if I’m being pessimistic / but Crawford saying looking to get in maximum 4 more players. Small squad or more of the under 20s set to step up? 

Was that in the papers ? I don't buy newspapers nowadays.

From Fife Today article - so if Danny and Higgins had signed on it would have been just two more I guess?

“Crawford is actively looking and talking with players, in the hope of bringing in around another four to Bayview, if possible.

The boss was working within a budget and was well aware that players may be talking to other clubs, while Premiership and Championship clubs would enter the fray soon to start recruiting, which would add more to the question of where players hoped to end up next term.”