The East Fife Thread

Just watched Kevin Smith’s testimonial game. Mark Docherty said on Twitter that hard to play after 10 Corona beers. Looks like the camera man and commentator were in MD’s company!!!
But all in all an entertaining day for a great guy and a great servant to East Fife. Good to see guys like Pagey, Kyle Wilkie, Chris Kane, Jamie Insall, Sparky Docherty and others make the effort for King Kev. Good wishes to him and hope we maybe even see him again at Bayview in a different capacity.

I am sure we actually brought Allan into the pro game about 10 years ago. He wasn't great at that time and we were glad to see him go but he has played alot of games since. 

Good shot stopper for the most part but also very frustrating some of the goals he lets in. Always had the fear when someone put a cross in on top of him as he tends to flap at them, hence why he’s known as The Seagull.

Won us more points than he’s cost us in his time here and has played a big part in getting us to the position we’re now in, legend.

Guest AberhillEnd

GROUP C

Saturday July 9
Buckie Thistle v Ross County (3.00pm)
East Fife v Dunfermline Athletic (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 12
Alloa Athletic v East Fife (7.45pm)
Dunfermline Athletic v Buckie Thistle (7.45pm)

Saturday July 16
Buckie Thistle v Alloa Athletic (3.00pm)
Ross County v Dunfermline Athletic (3.00pm)

Tuesday July 19
Alloa Athletic v Ross County (7.45pm)
East Fife v Buckie Thistle (7.45pm)

Saturday July 23

Dunfermline Athletic v Alloa Athletic (3.00pm)
Ross County v East Fife (3.00pm)

On 27/05/2022 at 06:04, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

I am sure we actually brought Allan into the pro game about 10 years ago. He wasn't great at that time and we were glad to see him go but he has played alot of games since. 

Before his long spell at Kelty he spent 2 or 3 seasons at Cowden.

Well that's us officially down (in P&B terms). Looking forward to visiting some grounds we haven't been to in a while, visiting one we've never been to, and hopefully winning more than 5 league games all season.

13 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I see Bonnyrigg have an adult season ticket for £160. Makes our decision to nearly double that price embarrassing and laughable.

Surely with our high prices, one of the better crowds - if we're doing well, a Derby with Dunfermline & possible fee if Jude Smith leaves, you'd like to think all that would translate into one of the more competitive budgets in the league. Hoping we see this in the next couple of weeks in terms of signings. 

5 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Surely with our high prices, one of the better crowds - if we're doing well, a Derby with Dunfermline & possible fee if Jude Smith leaves, you'd like to think all that would translate into one of the more competitive budgets in the league. Hoping we see this in the next couple of weeks in terms of signings. 

Bonnyriggs price will probably encourage people to buy tickets and get more people in there ground.I don’t see the logic in East Fifes season ticket pricing .It’s clearly not encouraging fans to buy tickets.

9 hours ago, troy said:

Bonnyriggs price will probably encourage people to buy tickets and get more people in there ground.I don’t see the logic in East Fifes season ticket pricing .It’s clearly not encouraging fans to buy tickets.

Bonnyrigg would need to have an average crowd 40% higher than ours to be bringing in the same amount at the gate. 

I'm not in favour of our prices either, but if we're paying that much, we should have a better playing budget than others. 

A few decent signings would encourage ticket sales & a winning team puts bums on seats.