The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Any Fife fans keep track of the amount of miles they've travelled since the last time away win before this? It must be ridiculous!

I’m pretty sure our last away win was at Forfar last season ago but your right it has been ridiculous.

I’m pretty sure our last away win was at Forfar last season ago but your right it has been ridiculous.

So this must be the first time most EF fans have seen you guys win a league game the road in person since about February 2020 or so?

Jeez. No better feeling than an away win, hope you’re all enjoying your night!

So this must be the first time most EF fans have seen you guys win a league game the road in person since about February 2020 or so?

Jeez. No better feeling than an away win, hope you’re all enjoying your night!

I’m celebrating with a mid morning coffee in Auckland. I’m 11,090 miles from Methil. That’s probably around the same distance that the fans have traveled since Feb 2020.

We won at Peterhead in the challenge cup if that counts. Last league win away I was at was Forfar, Danny Denholm got the only goal after about 2mins, just before lockdown, sure it was leap day 2020, so almost 2 years since travelling fans have witnessed 3 points, off the top of my head. 

Anyone else optimistic about Saturday?   Hope to see more of Healey and Swanson tomorrow and not just the customary 15 minutes they have had recently.   Think Healey can offer so much with his pace and would love to see him having the last half hour against a tiring defence.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron Dunsmore has joined Stirling Albion on loan for the rest of the season. Hope this is not goodbye, but realistically he's not featured much of late. 

Gave me with one of my greatest moments supporting East Fife, with his 92nd minute winner v the Rovers. All the best Dunsy

7 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Aaron Dunsmore has joined Stirling Albion on loan for the rest of the season. Hope this is not goodbye, but realistically he's not featured much of late. 

Gave me with one of my greatest moments supporting East Fife, with his 92nd minute winner v the Rovers. All the best Dunsy

7 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Agreed.

Joining the manager who got the best out of him. On form better than most of the players in our team. The challenge of course , is he has not been in form. General feeling of disappointment.

Hope for his sake he gets back to his best.

29 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

IMG_1646081238.912668.jpg

He played against us at Tynecastle in the PS cup at the start of the season and he looked a real promising talent to be fair. Only 17 but was composed in possession, used the ball well and was willing to join attacks. L1 is tough and sometimes it's hit or miss that these young lads excel when playing their first senior games.

Could be a good loan signing. Hope he slots in well at New Bayview

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Any of you East Fife lads know how much it is to hire the pitch at Bayview?

No idea, but give Allan a shout, he’ll be happy to help, he’s only cantankerous and curmudgeonly some of the time!!!IMG_1646256717.969606.jpg

a point up at Links today big games coming up in march Dumbarton and Alloa at home with Clyde away if we want to avoid 10th these are the games but it’s been uphill task all season I feel…!!

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

2 minutes ago, East Fife 1903 said:

Great 3 points today , feeling a bit better about finishing 9th or possibly 8th . Heres hoping we keep our recent run of results going. Mon the Fife !

Stevie Crawford is a decent appointment for this level,  look at the Muppets Falkirk keep appointing...

keep plugging away, Dumbarton look in deep trouble now

Important month now with Clyde away and Alloa at home, hopefully same level of support for both games and my god we went from six points adrift to three so definitely got something to play for in these games remaining. Today was encouraging with a win!

Probably first time this season I’m quite looking forward to next week can’t wait as for the injuries that’s murdoch added to the already out list hopefully it’s nothing too serious.

Gutted I had to miss Saturday's game. What really stands out since Crawford came in, is we've become far more resolute defensively, we were shipping goals at an alarming rate earlier in the season (that's now 4 shut outs in 7 if my memory serves me correctly).

To have had to change the whole defence from last week & still perform deserves enormous credit.  Dunlop got a bad one last week, Chris Higgins was playing through the pain barrier, Steele wasn't a starter last week & missed this week (injury, Covid?) & then to lose Murdoch during Saturday's game, shows if you have the right system & work-rate, the personnel can be altered. Wasn't sure if the manager fancied Slattery, but he's shown just how versitile he can be.

Like everyone else, these last few weeks have been, "if we take something here, the gap's down to this much... etc, etc" without really believing it possible. With our next 2 games being our more favourable of the remaining fixtures, let's not carried away, all we've done is give ourselves a chance, complacency could see that 3 point margin back to 6 very easily. Anyway, well done for giving us hope we can maybe just do this!