The East Fife Thread

9 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Val mcdairmid, c'mon & buy out Rankine/Twigg & really make a statement about your disapproval!

It isn’t the first time raith rovers as a club they are have disappointed or upset their own supporters, fans and board members. Just have to go back to Willie Grey and that was about 15 years ago or something?

10 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Val mcdairmid, c'mon & buy out Rankine/Twigg & really make a statement about your disapproval!

If that came to pass, Crawford would be getting his jotters pronto and you'd be getting Shelley Kerr as your manager.

That's who Val was desperate to appoint when she was on the Rovers board.

9 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

If that came to pass, Crawford would be getting his jotters pronto and you'd be getting Shelley Kerr as your manager.

That's who Val was desperate to appoint when she was on the Rovers board.

To be honest, if it meant a change of ownership, then it may well be worth it.

So with 12 games left to go, 8 points behind 9th place and yet to register a single goal in 2022, I'm not sure there's a single EF fan left who thinks we can still get out of this?

So for all the optimists out there (if there are indeed any), from now until the end of the season, what do we think could give us the best chance of escaping this? 

For me, I've been (and I still am) very critical of the seemingly constant rotation of the squad every damn week. I can accept that the injuries haven't helped, but that excuse only goes so far, and it surely can't be doing the players any favours whatsoever. 

We've now gone two matches without conceding which is probably the only positive and only sign of progress we've made since Crawford has taken over. So for me, the back four has to remain as it is as much as possible until the end of the season. With regards to the midfield/attack, the biggest issue we have, even this late on in the season, is being unable to identify what our most effective midfield/attack is. 

For me I'd like to see us go with a defensive 4-5-1 that can interchange to an attacking 4-3-3 with our two wingers willing to press and drop back when necessary. 

3 midfielders Millar, Blair and Newton along with Jack Healy and Darren Watson on the wings (both young, quick and hungry) and stick with Connell up top. I haven't been impressed with Ryan Wallace for a while now, he seems distracted and Kevin Smith, I do love the guy, but he's getting on a bit now and painfully slow. 

6 hours ago, monthefife said:

So with 12 games left to go, 8 points behind 9th place and yet to register a single goal in 2022, I'm not sure there's a single EF fan left who thinks we can still get out of this?

So for all the optimists out there (if there are indeed any), from now until the end of the season, what do we think could give us the best chance of escaping this? 

For me, I've been (and I still am) very critical of the seemingly constant rotation of the squad every damn week. I can accept that the injuries haven't helped, but that excuse only goes so far, and it surely can't be doing the players any favours whatsoever. 

We've now gone two matches without conceding which is probably the only positive and only sign of progress we've made since Crawford has taken over. So for me, the back four has to remain as it is as much as possible until the end of the season. With regards to the midfield/attack, the biggest issue we have, even this late on in the season, is being unable to identify what our most effective midfield/attack is. 

For me I'd like to see us go with a defensive 4-5-1 that can interchange to an attacking 4-3-3 with our two wingers willing to press and drop back when necessary. 

3 midfielders Millar, Blair and Newton along with Jack Healy and Darren Watson on the wings (both young, quick and hungry) and stick with Connell up top. I haven't been impressed with Ryan Wallace for a while now, he seems distracted and Kevin Smith, I do love the guy, but he's getting on a bit now and painfully slow. 

Crawford's probably rotating so he can work out who's half decent. He'll have a job mind.

We were relegated before Christmas. 

Whereas I dont agree with those who say, "We haven't won away since..." meaning we're unlikely to win here. Does that mean we'll never win away again??. I do agree that I cant see us getting out of this & decisions made before a ball was kicked meant we'd always struggle this season, before selection problems for various reasons kicked in.

The last 2 games which have provided shut-outs, have seen us with a back 3. I'd keep that. Not seen Healy, but if he's as fast as people say, maybe the manager's idea of bringing him on for the last 20 mins to run at a tired defence would seem logical.

Personally, I'd like to see us with Semple & Connell up front, starting. You never know in football, but a win here would give us unguided optimists another couple of weeks of, "You know what, I think we could still do this!" material.

On 11/02/2022 at 09:15, Life on Marrs? said:

Whereas I dont agree with those who say, "We haven't won away since..." meaning we're unlikely to win here. Does that mean we'll never win away again??. I do agree that I cant see us getting out of this & decisions made before a ball was kicked meant we'd always struggle this season, before selection problems for various reasons kicked in.

The last 2 games which have provided shut-outs, have seen us with a back 3. I'd keep that. Not seen Healy, but if he's as fast as people say, maybe the manager's idea of bringing him on for the last 20 mins to run at a tired defence would seem logical.

Personally, I'd like to see us with Semple & Connell up front, starting. You never know in football, but a win here would give us unguided optimists another couple of weeks of, "You know what, I think we could still do this!" material.

Winning away has always been a real problem, now we have added to it, we can’t win at home either. Last 6 games, 4 defeats and 2 draws. Sorry but this is woeful , don't think we have improved at all under the new manager.  Expect nothing today- go on surprise me!

There's too little time left in the season for Crawford to continue experimenting with the team line up.

It. Doesn't. Work. 

I think it's time to get back to the basics, select a standard formation (4-4-2 or 3-5-2) and then objectively select the *best* players for every position and stick with the line up. *= fittest, quickest, strongest, hungriest. etc. 

It doesn't matter if Alloa haven't been on great form lately, I'm not in the least bit confident that this group of players can pull something out of the hat. 

Always thought we had a chance today in our first two games against Alloa we had arguably been the better team. You definitely seen at Bayview they were pretty poor at the back and looked vulnerable to pace. Any way congratulations to Stevie Crawford and just rewards for all his hard work. Need to try and get something from next two games and give ourselves a fighting chance going into the last quarter. 

Excelllent performance today and great result. We got a few breaks and Alloa are on poor form but it's still a few monkeys off our back. First goal in 2022, first win in 2022 and first away win this season. Definitely still up uphill task in front of us but hopefully we can take a bit of confidence into the following games.