The East Fife Thread

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Can't help but feel we're on a very Brechin-like trajectory at this point. 

After the players got their manager emptied last week you would have been looking for a reaction but no same as all season. No fight, no hunger, no desire poor leadership. Ryan Wallace wasn’t playing yesterday but he looks the only one who gives a toss. Yet again 2 set piece goals given away . Plenty experience in team but no leaders . Probably those same players cost caretaker team any chance of landing the job with that result yesterday. Hopefully new manager lets them know if they don’t give a f**k they won’t be at Bayview much longer.

2 hours ago, fifer67 said:

After the players got their manager emptied last week you would have been looking for a reaction but no same as all season. No fight, no hunger, no desire poor leadership. Ryan Wallace wasn’t playing yesterday but he looks the only one who gives a toss. Yet again 2 set piece goals given away . Plenty experience in team but no leaders . Probably those same players cost caretaker team any chance of landing the job with that result yesterday. Hopefully new manager lets them know if they don’t give a f**k they won’t be at Bayview much longer.

Not picking on you pal, but I've heard this nonsense before. Which individual players do you think "didn''t give a toss" yesterday? 

Personally, I think we lack leadership on the pitch. Collectively we have been struggling for weeks, with a few decent performances thrown in. Defending set pieces continues to be a problem. 

I'm not sure lack of desire/ effort has been the difficulty. But I'm prepared to listen to your argument. 

Not picking on you pal, but I've heard this nonsense before. Which individual players do you think "didn''t give a toss" yesterday? 
Personally, I think we lack leadership on the pitch. Collectively we have been struggling for weeks, with a few decent performances thrown in. Defending set pieces continues to be a problem. 
I'm not sure lack of desire/ effort has been the difficulty. But I'm prepared to listen to your argument. 

I think it’s easy to suggest that players don’t look like they care when things aren’t going well. Players don’t deliberately go out to lose, but ultimately our squad is just not good enough this season.

I would certainly agree that we lack a real leader on the pitch, we haven’t had someone who would drag the team through matches since Steven Tweed.

Out of the current squad I would probably only keep Jude Smith, Murdoch, Steele, Wallace and Kev Smith. I’m hoping the new manager comes in over the next day or two so he can start the massive job of moving on some of the muck.

What a really shit season, and all we have to look forward to is to try and avoid 10th place and it isn’t even December.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Surely you guys have to be appealing Dunsmore's red card.

It's not straight legged, his studs are at no point above ball height and I'm not sure he even catches the Banks player. The height the Banks player propelled himself to is ridiculous.

Do red card suspensions from *cup* fixtures apply for the following *league* match? I get mixed up these days. 

It clearly isn't a red card but I can sort of see why the referee had given it. The way Dunsmore slightly hesitates and looks directly at the player before lunging in was always asking for trouble. Could easily have stayed on his feet and made a cleaner tackle but there you go.

10 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I think it’s easy to suggest that players don’t look like they care when things aren’t going well. Players don’t deliberately go out to lose, but ultimately our squad is just not good enough this season.

I would certainly agree that we lack a real leader on the pitch, we haven’t had someone who would drag the team through matches since Steven Tweed.

Out of the current squad I would probably only keep Jude Smith, Murdoch, Steele, Wallace and Kev Smith. I’m hoping the new manager comes in over the next day or two so he can start the massive job of moving on some of the muck.

What a really shit season, and all we have to look forward to is to try and avoid 10th place and it isn’t even December.

You have binned a lot of players but can I ask why you would like to retain Kevin Smith.When every player was available and fit he did not feature in the first team but helped to fill the bench.

I don’t think any of the players give anything but 100% effort.

Against both Clyde and BoD we went into the lead and we’re not under any real threat. At that point, especially against BoD, we should have been able to take a hold of the game. Sadly we didn’t seem able to change our game plan to cope with the expected response.

There didn’t seem to be a leader on the pitch and the substitutions made absolutely no change to the way both games were going.

A new manager with a proven track record at a higher level is pie in the sky. Four or five marquee signings in January is pie in the sky. I do think we have the players, if managed properly, to get us out of the bottom two. Whoever it is will be well on his way to achieving success if he can teach our defence how to defend set pieces. 

Left Broadwood wondering how we could make such a hash of things. Aberdeen was deja vu.

10 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

I think red cards are generally 'competition specific' if they're for two yellows or a hand ball on the line etc.

If it's for violent conduct / serious foul play, I think it's a straight two match ban regardless of the competition.

Correct.

On 27/11/2021 at 11:15, Mon_The_Fife said:

First it was Brora, then BSC and now Banks O’ Dee. What is it with ‘B’ teams?

Is that our most embarrassing result in our history?

We’ll let you know in a couple of months.

15 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Surely you guys have to be appealing Dunsmore's red card.

It's not straight legged, his studs are at no point above ball height and I'm not sure he even catches the Banks player. The height the Banks player propelled himself to is ridiculous.

He deserved a red card just for his first touch!

Edited by 7 Eleven

15 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Raith getting beat by Banks O' Dee will not be anywhere close to the most embarrassing result in East Fife's history. 

No, but us either struggling with them, or losing, would lessen the shame...contra-wise, if we shred them, then you can feel suitably aggrieved at the appropriate villains at your club.

He's such a nice guy and has a really good eye for a player, he stopped the rot when he took over with us eventually lurching into 5 wins on the spin and rarely lost heavily during his entire tenure here, although that also meant we didn't scud teams too often. But he knows how to set a team up to sit in most notably taking Celtic to extra time at Celtic park after they had won the treble treble. Hope it works out for him and East Fife.