The East Fife Thread

Genuinely feel heart sorry for any East Fife fan who has made the long road west today. Our away form can only be described as a complete embarrassment. Losing 3,4,5 goals on the road is the normal these days. No professional football team should be losing 4 goals from set play headers. I have the utmost respect for the people behind the scenes at Bayview but I’m not sure they have it in them to do the righ5 thing. 

I’m not sure that a change of manager would change anything. The writing for this season was on the wall very early on as the squad we have assembled is nowhere near good enough. The fact that we were still scrambling for players at the end of August was a problem.

Whether the board haven’t backed Young or he has failed to recruit good players remains to be seen, regardless his relatively high stock is diminishing quickly and he has a hell of a job turning this shambles around.

The fact that we’ve conceded 4 set piece goals is laughable and also not surprising sums up my thoughts at the moment.

19 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I’m not sure that a change of manager would change anything. The writing for this season was on the wall very early on as the squad we have assembled is nowhere near good enough. The fact that we were still scrambling for players at the end of August was a problem.

Whether the board haven’t backed Young or he has failed to recruit good players remains to be seen, regardless his relatively high stock is diminishing quickly and he has a hell of a job turning this shambles around.

The fact that we’ve conceded 4 set piece goals is laughable and also not surprising sums up my thoughts at the moment.

We have been poor at set pieces now for a number of seasons- but this is a new low!Whilst many of us have  Believed we have always needed to get a  strong centre half- the change in our goalkeeping performances have also greatly contributed to this new low. 

There is nothing positive at all to take from yesterday. We are certainly in a relegation battle at best this year- a long season ahead…..

I’ve not had this level of apathy for a very long time and we’ve only played a handful of games. I fully expect another thumping.

We can’t defend and can’t score, it’s not a good combination.

Young’s jacket must be hanging on by a thread on that shoogly peg, and a change might do us good but the squad is very weak.

We have to hope for at worst 8th place this season and somehow have 2 teams that are worse than ourselves.

Darren Youngs comments today were delusional. Blaming everyone apart from himself. Why he dropped Jude Smith and Steele after them playing well is anyone’s guess. 
it certainly looks like he has lost the fans and the club have to react sooner rather than later before it’s too late. 
A day in the garden this Saturday beckons as no way am I shelling out decent cash to watch dross. 

6 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I’ve not had this level of apathy for a very long time and we’ve only played a handful of games. I fully expect another thumping.

We can’t defend and can’t score, it’s not a good combination.

Young’s jacket must be hanging on by a thread on that shoogly peg, and a change might do us good but the squad is very weak.

We have to hope for at worst 8th place this season and somehow have 2 teams that are worse than ourselves.

I can understand the apathy/pessimism as we have been there as well, but I remember a time when we played against Stenhousemuir , who being at  bottom of the league as they "can't defend/can't score", then proceeded to beat us 5-0 in Airdrie. I know your away form has been very poor for a long time, but football can be a funny old game . Obviously I hope we don't play as badly on Saturday as we did then. 

19 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I can understand the apathy/pessimism as we have been there as well, but I remember a time when we played against Stenhousemuir , who being at  bottom of the league as they "can't defend/can't score", then proceeded to beat us 5-0 in Airdrie. I know your away form has been very poor for a long time, but football can be a funny old game . Obviously I hope we don't play as badly on Saturday as we did then. 

Football can be a funny game but even the most optimistic East Fife fan can’t have much faith in the current manager. As has been said until he accepts responsibility for the shambolic performances then we won’t be making much progress. The same schoolboy errors at the back get made most weeks ,you would think some basic coaching would show defenders how to defend in their box. If the manager doesn’t get a reaction after last weeks humiliation then I’m afraid we’re doomed .

13 hours ago, Rob Smith said:

Darren Youngs comments today were delusional. Blaming everyone apart from himself. Why he dropped Jude Smith and Steele after them playing well is anyone’s guess. 
it certainly looks like he has lost the fans and the club have to react sooner rather than later before it’s too late. 
A day in the garden this Saturday beckons as no way am I shelling out decent cash to watch dross. 

What did he say? 

21 hours ago, fifer67 said:

Football can be a funny game but even the most optimistic East Fife fan can’t have much faith in the current manager. As has been said until he accepts responsibility for the shambolic performances then we won’t be making much progress. The same schoolboy errors at the back get made most weeks ,you would think some basic coaching would show defenders how to defend in their box. If the manager doesn’t get a reaction after last weeks humiliation then I’m afraid we’re doomed .

Been there as well so let's see what happens tomorrow. While you think "we're doomed" maybe some others might say "Don't panic" ? Best wishes

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Been there as well so let's see what happens tomorrow. While you think "we're doomed" maybe some others might say "Don't panic" ? Best wishes

I wasn’t panicking a few weeks ago when we were bottom, however after last weeks shocker I’m hoping we can’t sink any lower. However our performances on the road do not fill me with much confidence. Hope you go easy on us as I don’t want that sinking feeling I had last Saturday night.

1 minute ago, fifer67 said:

I wasn’t panicking a few weeks ago when we were bottom, however after last weeks shocker I’m hoping we can’t sink any lower. However our performances on the road do not fill me with much confidence. Hope you go easy on us as I don’t want that sinking feeling I had last Saturday night.

I was certainly surprised by that score when I heard it on Radio on way back from QP, as I could not see Dumbarton scoring 5 ( I know they got 2 against us so no slight intended to the Sons) . If our squad take it easy it will be too close for comfort so I will accept a win no matter how many goals.  Methil away is always harder and less successful for us on most recent visits. On the DY situation I have never taken to him .