The East Fife Thread

Team so far.

GK's - Gallacher/..............?

RB - Mercer/Murdoch           CB- Steele/Dunlop         LB - Higgins/Slattery 

CM's - McManus/Davidson/Newton

Wingers - Dunsmore/Denholm/Watt/Swanson

Strk's - Wallace/McGuigan/Smith/Wallace 

Could do with another CB. Would like to see Higgins moved over to his natural position as left back again. Or maybe Mercer can be switched over to left back instead? Murdoch is a fine RB but Mercer could probably fill that role and open Murdoch to the possibility of moving back into CM? 

On 15/06/2021 at 08:31, flyfifer48 said:

I got an email and my brother a letter explaining about refunds if we wanted them. Also about purchasing season tickets. So quite happy with the communication from club. Would also say Leona was very helpful in explaining about tickets.

Cheers for that. I've had problems with receiving emails from the club in the past.

Not sure what the issue is, but if everyone else is getting them, I suspect the problem is at my end. 

19 hours ago, monthefife said:

Team so far.

Could do with another CB. Would like to see Higgins moved over to his natural position as left back again. Or maybe Mercer can be switched over to left back instead? Murdoch is a fine RB but Mercer could probably fill that role and open Murdoch to the possibility of moving back into CM? 

Heard been after a few defenders but losing out on money offered!!!!!!

Team so far.

Has Ryan Wallace got a twin brother ?

3 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Heard been after a few defenders but losing out on money offered!!!!!!

Would like a big, no nonsense defender, sometimes we're guilty of playing out from the back & taking too long to get up the park. Recently we've seen Sean Crighton, Gregor Buchanan, Morgyn Neill all signing elsewhere & I think we've no chance of getting McGeever from Dumbarton. 

Also I'm not enamoured with our choice of goalkeeper. 

A goalscoring midfielder who's a threat with free kicks, (not sure Mcmanus is that player) and another, young hungry forward would see us with a strong, competitive squad. Dipping into the loan market should plug those gaps. There, not asking for much then! 

11 hours ago, BlackandGauld said:

Hey guys new hear and just off the phone to my mate who says Darren is off to Celtic as assistant? Is this some sort of wynd up?

Must be a wynd up the way you spelt hear(here)!!!!

Reminder that tomorrow’s match against TNS is free to view for season ticket holders. Anyone who bought their ticket before 5pm today should have received an email with details, I’ll catch up with any purchase made after 5pm tomorrow

3 hours ago, LauraEFFC said:

Reminder that tomorrow’s match against TNS is free to view for season ticket holders. Anyone who bought their ticket before 5pm today should have received an email with details, I’ll catch up with any purchase made after 5pm tomorrow

I just paid a fiver and the next one but renewed my season ticket do I get this refunded?

i misread the information and paid the fiver.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

Michael Cunningham from Buckhaven ,formerly Dundee FC

came on when Sean Brown went off injured in the first half.

I would have another look at that Cunningham upfront, local lad played with Dundee etc think the other is someone from Kennoway and a st Johnstone right wing back/right full back Dunsmore type. The other one definitely Chris Kane freed by Stenhousemuir definitely have Dunlop and Steele ahead of him was hoping someone class at Cb to partner Higgins but and a Cowdenbeath backup goalie, had a spell with kerriemuir who we had a pre-season against one season ago. 
Was definitely hoping someone better in both Cb and goalie areas but that is me being greedy but definitely have to rely on Wallace and Smith upfront is an area we need to add to get goals from than rely on two and brown, but hoping the best to them playing though loan market is another option but.

Hink I was hoping another cm but big season for Swanson though saying that was impressed with Allan at cm and Healy out on the right wing don’t think anyone mention they were playing also, thought that gave them experience.