The East Fife Thread

In other news, half-time draw tickets are available from the EF shop at 2GBP per ticket for todays game  v Forfar.

So far sales have been disappointing. 

Very easy to support financially the club when it is doing well. Not so easy when the team is so poor on the road.

What is not in doubt is that every 1GBP counts during the pandemic.

2 hours ago, sammytroot said:

In other news, half-time draw tickets are available from the EF shop at 2GBP per ticket for todays game  v Forfar.

Very easy to support financially the club when it is doing well. Not so easy when the team is so poor on the road.

Never realised we were doing this for away games, just got one.

Just had a look at the run in. East fife surely questioning the fixtures as play airdrie in last game before split in what could be an all or
Nothing game and airdrie have an extra 4 days rest. East fife only got 3 days rest whereas airdrie have a week. Strange.

Granted airdrie have another game ij three days but mostly full time and SHOULD be a win against forfar

2 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Our game against yourselves is going to be a shootout for the final top 5 spot isn't it? You're by all accounts terrible away from home while we can't buy a win at home. Bound to be a classic! 

Might not just come down to either yous or us,Montrose hav a tough last 2 games too 

Been using the phrase "must win" for two weeks solid at this point but the game next weekend absolutely is. Hopefully Airdrieonians drop points midweek. Have to fancy Thistle to beat Clyde so would imagine them beating Montrose would be the best result for us in terms of potentially snatching 4th. I think it's really important that we secure the top 5 spot this year, I think interest would really wean if we were in the bottom half and whilst it's obviously incredibly unlikely that we'd go down or even be in the playoff spot, you never know. We're probably better than the bottom 4 in the league just now but we're not miles better by any stretch of the imagination. For the next two games I'd like us to continue with Higgins at left back. Hopefully the players are given a nice easy session on Tuesday, or given the day off!

Glad to have come through this hectic period with our top 5 ambitions unscathed. Yes there have been disappointments, injury time equalisers against Partick (think that will come back to haunt us) & Morton, leaving us with an extra 30 mins no one needed. Insipid performances at Montrose & Dumbarton & games where we've got the 3 points when it really mattered against Forfar & Clyde twice.

With the exception of full time Falkirk, no one has won more than 2 of their last 5. It was always a big ask of part timers to be able to perform consistently playing every 2nd day, I'm surprised we've not seen any freak results/scorelines since we've come back. For anyone to have had a couple of months off, with no training allowed, gyms closed and January/February's weather hampering any individuals outdoor running plans & no idea what if their was going to even be a restart, let alone when i'm surprised we have not seen more injuries.

Can't be easy for players who have a manual job to do a shift, travel across the country, play 90 mins have to jump back into their car, without getting a shower, before getting home for work the next day & do it all again 2 nights  later. I said at the time, it's maybe a good thing we'd already been to both Cove & Peterhead (who's players have to do those journeys every 2nd game). Teams with more players still on furlough from their day jobs, or less manual professions might have a slight advantage here. I'm also surprised more players havn't had to miss out through work commitments.

People will say, young professional athletes should be able to cope, but we've not even had any time to prepare for our next game, or do any training, so I think I can make allowances for the bad results, & it's still in our hands.

We now have the luxury of a week off, rest, a bit of preparation, hope the knocks heal & to wrap Kevin Smith's aging frame in cotton wool (how we've relied on him!). Peterhead need to win both their games to have any chance, a win for us & we can start looking at other permutations going into the last game. Well done to all the part time players in leagues 1 & 2.

C'mon Fife 3 points again at 'fortress Bayview'.

Edited by Life on Marrs?

6 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Glad to have come through this hectic period with our top 5 ambitions unscathed. Yes there have been disappointments, injury time equalisers against Partick (think that will come back to haunt us) & Morton, leaving us with an extra 30 mins no one needed. Insipid performances at Morton & Dumbarton & games where we've got the 3 points when it really mattered against Forfar & Clyde twice.

With the exception of full time Falkirk, no one has won more than 2 of their last 5. It was always a big ask of part timers to be able to perform consistently playing every 2nd day, I'm surprised we've not seen any freak results/scorelines since we've come back. For anyone to have had a couple of months off, with no training allowed, gyms closed and January/February's weather hampering any individuals outdoor running plans & no idea what if their was going to even be a restart, let alone when i'm surprised we have no seen more injuries.

Can't be easy for players who have a manual job to do a shift, travel across the country, play 90 mins have to jump back into their car, without getting a shower, before getting home for work the next day & do it all again 2 nights  later. I said at the time, it's maybe a good thing we'd already been to both Cove & Peterhead (who's players have to do those journeys every 2nd game). Teams with more players still on furlough from their day jobs, or less manual professions might have a slight advantage here. I'm also surprised more players havn't had to miss out through work commitments.

People will say, young professional athletes should be able to cope, but we've not even had any time to prepare for our next game, or do any training, so I think I can make allowances for the bad results, & it's still in our hands.

We now have the luxury of a week off, rest, a bit of preparation, hope the knocks heal & to wrap Kevin Smith's aging frame in cotton wool (how we've relied on him!). Peterhead need to win both their games to have any chance, a win for us & we can start looking at other permutations going into the last game. Well done to all the part time players in leagues 1 & 2.

C'mon Fife 3 points again at 'fortress Bayview'.

This is an excellent post and something I think has been generally disregarded by many fans this season. What these players and others from SPFL1 and SPFL2 has been asked to do is unbelievable. I am glad that, I don’t think, any player to my knowledge has suffered a serious injury due to the crazy schedule.

Hopefully, the players will look forward to the next couple of games. Whatever happens with the results fans should re-visit the post above before trying to analyse this season in any depth.

Montrose is a confusing one as they looked like the best team we’d played all season just a couple of weeks ago. Seem to be a bit like ourselves and falling apart at the business end of the season. 

10 hours ago, Rbon said:

After tonight lose for Montrose over Thistle we only need four points out of the next two to make the top half. 

We already only needed 4 points because that would take us above Airdrie no matter what Montrose or Airdrie did. 

Last night means that Montrose have to match our points total from our remaining two games in their one game against Cove. So as long as Cove beat Montrose on Tuesday, a draw against Peterhead would be good enough for top 5.

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

We already only needed 4 points because that would take us above Airdrie no matter what Montrose or Airdrie did. 

Last night means that Montrose have to match our points total from our remaining two games in their one game against Cove. So as long as Cove beat Montrose on Tuesday, a draw against Peterhead would be good enough for top 5.

It would, but let's just get the job done ourselves, without relying on snookers.

I also don't want to get into the top 5, just to make up the numbers. If we are realistic about the play offs, I don't want to see us going into the post split 3 or 4 points adrift of 3rd/4th place. 

Didn’t know

That result today if nothing else should see us more than safe now. Aim has to be top half on Tuesday and then give it a real go for a place in the playoffs this season.

Edited by Rbon

Fair play to East Fife for digging out results the last two weeks. Team have showed a bit of character after the horror show in Dumbarton. Avoid defeat on Tuesday and we will be in the top 4. Still a few permutations yet but it’s all in our own hands and you can’t ask for much more than that. Hopefully the real East Fife turn up on Tuesday and not the imposters who have shown up at most away games this season.