The East Fife Thread

I did say a few weeks back that there may be a few premiership players being released & Swanson was one of the examples. Squad looking good, no sure McNaulty will be coming now! 

Let's hope Danny doesn't get sent off for fighting with Richard Foster when we omeet Partick! Well done for bringing him in. 

Be interesting to see how this works out. He's getting on a bit so a 2 year deal could be a bit of a gamble but it looks a real coup. Not sure how we'll fit abdy in right now though, will Swanson maybe play on the left of midfield? Both him and Agnew in the middle together means Davo will have to do twice as much running as he did last season, maybe Swanson will be playing off the striker but we're in danger of having the smallest team in professional football if that's the case. 

Be interesting to see how this works out. He's getting on a bit so a 2 year deal could be a bit of a gamble but it looks a real coup. Not sure how we'll fit abdy in right now though, will Swanson maybe play on the left of midfield? Both him and Agnew in the middle together means Davo will have to do twice as much running as he did last season, maybe Swanson will be playing off the striker but we're in danger of having the smallest team in professional football if that's the case. 
I also think this signing is a bit of a gamble. Hope Darren Young has an idea of how he's going to add him to the current squad. It seems unthinkable to take Agnew out of the starting XI and they both play similar positions? On the wing perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Pie and Bovril mobile app

3 minutes ago, monthefife said:

I also think this signing is a bit of a gamble. Hope Darren Young has an idea of how he's going to add him to the current squad. It seems unthinkable to take Agnew out of the starting XI and they both play similar positions? On the wing perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930U using Pie and Bovril mobile app

I don't mind him playing centrally off the striker but that maybe hinders Agnew a bit. I suspect he may well be allowed to play wide with no defensive responsibility, which if it's to be wide left means we absolutely have to sign a strong left back. I think that, with a striker (that lad from Killie?), would see us done transfer wise. Excited to see how it works out!

51 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I don't mind him playing centrally off the striker but that maybe hinders Agnew a bit. I suspect he may well be allowed to play wide with no defensive responsibility, which if it's to be wide left means we absolutely have to sign a strong left back. I think that, with a striker (that lad from Killie?), would see us done transfer wise. Excited to see how it works out!

Yeah a left back and striker would do very nicely now for this squad, great coup bringing in Swanson so much for him joining Montrose and Stirling Albion 😂 that guy source was nonsense haha 

I see Swanson bit of a upgrade to Hunter no offence.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
Spelling mistake sorry!!

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

will Swanson maybe play on the left of midfield? 

He spent the vast majority of his time with us on the left.

Occasionally played right, or central behind a lone striker, but never as a CM.

Play him on the left and given a free reign and he'll star, he was still creating chances in the top flight with that role last season. 

That good to know he can play out wide left of midfield with Dunsmore on the other side with Agnew and Davidson in middle your sorted and we have Slattery, McConvillie, Newton and Denholm that can play in midfield but yeah with hunter leaving and bring two youths up plus Swanson definitely upgrade to last season don’t you think?

2 hours ago, the snudge said:

Amazing signing for East Fife. Does this mean St JohnSons is dead? Can't believe you're cheating on us with the Fifers! 

Duffy naming us as relegation favourites last season probably killed it.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Well done on signing Swanson. Great ambition by your board. 

Building a decent squad, which is proven at this level,  which is crucial,  get in another striker and can see East Fife challenging,    On paper an improvement  on last year,  how many clubs will be able to say that on 17th october.

If we are to play Swanson In left midfield we need a very fit and solid left back

Super Pat Slatt.

That’s now Swanson, Watt, Denholm and Smith all fighting over 1 spot. Hopefully Swanson can fill the Agnew role too so we don’t overly rely on him to create a lot of our goals.