The East Fife Thread

Excellent to see these guys making the step up. The u-20s certainly seems to be paying off. Anyone got any idea what positions they are?

Both midfielders!!!
DY making us wait for that 30 goals a season hitman!!!

Good to see the progress of having the under 20s to see two move upto the first team. Some real talent there in that squad worth keeping for next year and delighted two signed hopefully more move up like before when we had Lewis Barr, Brown and Rooney etc they did really well before it was bizarrely scraped!

So congratulations to both Liam & Josh in joining the first team.

I’d take Dowds although I’m only judging him off what I’ve read others say about him.

Dunfermline seem to be signing Declan McManus and Partick arguably already have 2 of the best strikers in that league so I’d say us or Raith would be best placed to offer him first team football.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d take Dowds although I’m only judging him off what I’ve read others say about him.

Dunfermline seem to be signing Declan McManus and Partick arguably already have 2 of the best strikers in that league so I’d say us or Raith would be best placed to offer him first team football.

Raith Rovers are maybe a good shout for Dowds to challenge himself at the level above but remaining part time? Sure I read previously he has a good job outside football.

Edited by wee_bairn

I've resigned to the fact we're losing Dowds, which is part of the game at our level, it's just a shame we won't get a fee for him. It'd have to be a fairly decent offer to make him go full-time I'd suspect but maybe he would fancy taking the hit, you don't often get the chance to do it. If Raith continue with the part-time hybrid model I suspect they may win this race unfortunately. 

We seem to be ok financially so I'd say we could offer him decent terms if he wants full time football. Apparently made a decent offer to McManus but he wants pastures new. I think we would be able to offer better terms than Ayr and Raith. But if the boy wants to play at a higher level then that could scupper us.  

17 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

I've resigned to the fact we're losing Dowds, which is part of the game at our level, it's just a shame we won't get a fee for him. It'd have to be a fairly decent offer to make him go full-time I'd suspect but maybe he would fancy taking the hit, you don't often get the chance to do it. If Raith continue with the part-time hybrid model I suspect they may win this race unfortunately. 

Can't really argue when a guy gets the chance to move up a level, worse when someone we lose out to a club at our own level. 

Annoys me post-bosman that agents/scouts don't even pay to watch our players in action, yet take our players for he-haw. 

Hopefully we've one or two replacements lined up. Be a lot of players released this summer, sensible to keep our options open, might be a 'glamour' signing for our level about. 

7 hours ago, wee_bairn said:

Raith Rovers are maybe a good shout for Dowds to challenge himself at the level above but remaining part time? Sure I read previously he has a good job outside football.

Think he wants full time so the part time isn't of interest at all for him

1 hour ago, sirscottyoung said:

Think he wants full time so the part time isn't of interest at all for him

If it is full time he is going for you'd have to image it'll be a wage cut for him overall, but as I said above, maybe he wants to take his chance.

Anyone know when the SPFL are going to announce fixtures for championship, leagues 1 and two since we’ve agreed to an October date? & any announcement on season tickets since the clubs posted the player donor sponsors to the club shop website yesterday.

I’m already missing pre-season, two years ago today we went to Lochee under DY mental how two years fly by.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

Hey all
I'm interested in the thoughts of East Fife fans on the East Fife U20s Development team.
The East Fife U20s operated last year in the Lowland development league and have included the U20s this year so I'm assuming it went well and been productive 

What's your thoughts of it, especially any fans who went to watch the games on the Friday evening.
last year had 29 teams in the development league and this year there are 68, mostly from the West side with 8 new teams joining form the East side of the country.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

On 07/07/2020 at 09:28, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Anyone know when the SPFL are going to announce fixtures for championship, leagues 1 and two since we’ve agreed to an October date? & any announcement on season tickets since the clubs posted the player donor sponsors to the club shop website yesterday.

I’m already missing pre-season, two years ago today we went to Lochee under DY mental how two years fly by.

Late July I’m sure our chairman said. 

1 minute ago, lukejoaitken said:

I see Nisbett is set to leave Pars for Hibs. I’d be surprised not to see Anton sign for them if that deal goes through

Do you think Dowds would do well in the Championship?  His goal scoring record is not great. Guess his game is more link up or target man.