The East Fife Thread

7 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Darren said previously he want's a Striker and Left sided defender but doesn't mean we can't get anyone in on loan to add to that

Would Adam Eckersley be an option there. Was decent at Forcar before last season at Airdrie

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Chairman said the cancellation of the last 4 home games cost us £20k last season. With only 27 matches this season, we've already lost 4-5home games, that's before you factor in closed doors/reduced capacity & any changes to league/challenge cups. So best to wait and see where we are, when we've start dates etc. 

Having said that Eckersley did look good at Forfar. Didn't seem to feature much for Airdrie. 

Eckersley is still a classy player and solid pro and would be a good signing for any side in this division. He started the season at left-back but was unfortunate in that he got injured and  by the time he was back fit he was (deservedly) unable to dislodge Leon McCann from the team. Still a very good player though and would be very good for any team at this level. 

Think that the Chairman said that the game v Falkirk cost the club £20,000 never nind the other 3 games and perhaps the play-off games.

Darren Young stating in the EFM that the club hopes to have a capacity of 600 - on the basis of 1 metre distancing- never mind the current 2 metres.

Will be interesting to see whether away fans allowed.

Will also be interesting to see if the club offers both actual attendance plus EFTV access for home games especially as I cannot see all fans feeling confident in returning to Bayview. For obvious reasons already mentioned, I do not envy the Board in their decision making.

With regard to playing staff,the manager stated that he wished a forward -and that was in addition to whatever Anton Dowds decided to do-plus a left sided defender.

Rory Currie,if fit , did an excellent job while on loan 2 seasons ago. Adam Livingstone , a left sided defender has been released by Motherwell.I seem to remember he was also on loan a few seasons ago.

Irrespective , there will be more than a few players available who will have to be realistic in their demands if they wish to stay in the game.

If people are so keen to get a terrace built why don't we start a fundraiser to fund it all. 
Would obviously need the club to draw plans up etc and get a quote for works (keltys new stand which accomodates 500 was about £80k I'm sure) so that's a rough number to aim for in the mean time....

I fucking hate Bayview. I want to stand to watch football. Even just a barrier and paving around the pitch would significantly raise the capacity for big games. But surely we could stretch to a Forfar style covered terrace half the length of the park? Get a stadium development fund on the go. Ask for donations of building materials. Pull favours. Open the ground up.

On 26 June 2020 at 17:21, sirscottyoung said:

If people are so keen to get a terrace built why don't we start a fundraiser to fund it all. 

Would obviously need the club to draw plans up etc and get a quote for works (keltys new stand which accomodates 500 was about £80k I'm sure) so that's a rough number to aim for in the mean time....

80K for a covered concrete terracing plus barriers, toilets, lights and any legal paperwork for the council. I'd guess that's about right.

Suggest you contact Auchinleck Talbot fans and ask them to show you how to do the whole gig using the locals. They took the modern part of the old Hamilton Accies stand and rebuilt it brick by brick.

Then again maybe nobody in the East Fife support works in the building trade or knows about form filling. Not one brickie/electrician/plumber/lawyer in the support who'd do labour for free. No recently retired fans or students with a bit of knowledge who'd loved to be involved in a fans project. Be interested to know what the cost of materials would be for a 500 punter covered terracing. Guess it ain't 80 Grand if you took away the labour costs.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Build and they will come

Always felt that if we were to build any other type of stand, it needs to be behind the goals, at the sea-end. If for nothing other than to provide some shelter for us in the main stand!

I'm not a fan of these grounds that have added here and there & nothing seems to match, but I understand we've to be realistic & within our means. We can't spend a fortune on our ground, to the detriment of the team on the park ( see Darlington for what not to do). 

I'm proposing something like Annan Athletic have behind one of their goals. Surely affordable to ourselves? I have no idea of the costs involved, then again I've just looked at Fleetwood's 'Percy Ronson' stand, apparently that cost £500k, if it's that sort of money, then forget it!

I hate Bayview as it is, If there was a stadium development fund set up I'd definitely contribute monthly! As has been mentioned we don't really need it but if the supporters were happy to pay for it then I don't see a problem! A nice wee covered terracing behind the goals at the seawall end will no doubt improve the match day experience and it would encourage more people to attend regularly imo. I've no idea of the cost involved and it might take us years to fund it but surely it would be worth it longterm

Long-term, would we be at Bayview though? We own a considerable amount of land (hampered somewhat with the obligations for the sea wall). Now the power station has gone, there's excellent views towards Largo bay. With the rail link, who knows, our site, which  was once derelict land, may become prime land. 

The ground is also starting to degrade, due to the salt. If we contributed to a monthly fund, would we be happy if the club received an offer & sold up & moved?

Just asking.

I would be absolutely delighted if we sold up again and moved site but I have no idea where to. I remember 10 years ago we had this: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/fife/67900/state-of-the-art-stadium-plans-confirmed-by-east-fife/ but as far as I am aware that land won't be free anymore. It's dreaming anyway, you'd need an interested buyer for the land, potentially to build the new stadium also, and with the current majority shareholder in place I am not sure how that would go down. Add in the covid situation and it all seems very unlikely at best. 

50 fans putting in £20 a month for 10 years would be enough for a £100,000 mortgage. You would have to factor in, no one dying, losing interest, losing jobs, or finding another avenue to spend their cash on. Then you need to take into account any unforeseen financial disaster or relegation, when it may be felt the money could be best used elsewhere.

But what do you get for that? A stand like Annan behind the goals, or the equivalent of a bus shelter on some steps, that would make the whole club image a bit tin pot, not sure if its worth the risk.

Great to see this, the Under 20 side has been nothing but an absolute success since it’s inception (in only a year mind) and to see this progression to the “First Team” squad only proves it’s usefulness, hopefully more to come!!!

And another one, great stuff, this is the boy that Leicester City are/were keeping an eye on wasn’t he??? 

18 man Squad in place already (19 if Tonks sees sense) and with at least two more to come according to DY!!!

01 - Brett Long

02 - Aaron Dunsmore

03 - Chris Higgins

04 - Stewart Murdoch

05 - Ross Dunlop

06 - Craig Watson

07 - Danny Denholm

08 - Pat Slattery

09 - Ryan Wallace

10 - Kevin Smith

11 - Scott Agnew

12 - Thomas Collins*

13 -

14 - Liam Watt

15 - Anton Dowds**

16 - Ross Davidson

17 - Liam Newton*

18 - Josh McConville*

19 -

20 - Kyle Bell

21 - Jordan Hart

*Squad Number May change

**Mibbies aye, mibbies naw

The Fife Express is getting stoked up and having a nice polish applied already!!!