The East Fife Thread

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Has the Club actually provided this list or is this just  somebody’s best guess???

It’s great that we’ve signed 10 already, would just like to see official confirmation of who they are that’s all!!!

Been posted at the time of signing for some,

Posted when signed new contracts,

Announced in programmes,

Showing on Transfermarkt for all of the above I'm sure. 

Been posted at the time of signing for some,
Posted when signed new contracts,
Announced in programmes,
Showing on Transfermarkt for all of the above I'm sure. 

Nope!!! *
Nope!!! *
Would have to check!!!
Definitely doesn’t!!! *

* apart from the five already stated!!!

Look we know we’ve signed 10 players, DY told us so, but I do think it is a case of a “promise to sign” as contracts cannot be ratified until June by the League, there might be a reason along the lines of not wanting to be gazumped by a league rivals or even paying players new terms, signing on fees etc when we don’t even know when/if a new season starts. I don’t believe there is anything shady going on I just found it strange that there is no news regarding these signings coming from the regular Club outlet!!!

Must admit I'm not fully on board with the re-signing of Bell right now. He was a bit-part player before the injury, and would rather we had a look at him whenever pre-season comes around before dishing out a contract. 

He has the potential to be one of our best players, give the lad a chance, still going

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Nope!!! *
Nope!!! *
Would have to check!!!
Definitely doesn’t!!! *

* apart from the five already stated!!!

Look we know we’ve signed 10 players, DY told us so, but I do think it is a case of a “promise to sign” as contracts cannot be ratified until June by the League, there might be a reason along the lines of not wanting to be gazumped by a league rivals or even paying players new terms, signing on fees etc when we don’t even know when/if a new season starts. I don’t believe there is anything shady going on I just found it strange that there is no news regarding these signings coming from the regular Club outlet!!!

Agree. What I’ve seen shows EFFC with only 5 signed beyond June 2020.

Agree. What I’ve seen shows EFFC with only 5 signed beyond June 2020.

Also looked back into my programmes from last season and there is no mention of anybody signing apart from the Famous Five!!!

Maybe not all doom and gloom regarding spectators. Just read a story about a U. S. Country musician called Travis McCready who has just played the first live concert since thier lockdown. It may give us hope if how things can be done in the future. Audience wore masks & bought seats in clusters, not sure of the reasons for that, or size of crowd, but maybe spectators at lower level matches could be possible? 

3 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Maybe not all doom and gloom regarding spectators. Just read a story about a U. S. Country musician called Travis McCready who has just played the first live concert since thier lockdown. It may give us hope if how things can be done in the future. Audience wore masks & bought seats in clusters, not sure of the reasons for that, or size of crowd, but maybe spectators at lower level matches could be possible? 

Yes, Scottish football should take the lead from the USA during this crisis...

SARCASIM

SARCASIM 

SARCASIM

Edited by Angusfifer

8 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

1,100 capacity, limited to 229. 10 max to bathroom at a time. Spectators in “pods”, keeping 6’ apart from other pods. Most revenue from streaming video. Oklahoma stopped the concert and they moved it to Arkansas, where cases are on the increase.

As an example of what to do, it sucks.

How many people can sit in EFFC’s single stand while remaining 6’+ apart?

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

1,100 capacity, limited to 229. 10 max to bathroom at a time. Spectators in “pods”, keeping 6’ apart from other pods. Most revenue from streaming video. Oklahoma stopped the concert and they moved it to Arkansas, where cases are on the increase.

Bathrooms in a stadium?

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

Make perspex boxes for season ticket holders at an increased price. Keep family members enclosed in each box, no toilet break. Have waiters providing food and drinks through a hatch, pay for Items through club shop on website.

Jackpot. 

Full stadium and may entice more to buy pies etc as they dont have to miss the game to queue.

This weeks “Wallpaper Wednesday” is definitely one for [mention=13694]Big Fifer[/mention] !!!

he probably would do his front room with it!!!

0F635C0E-E750-4521-BEDC-91E93A7225EA.thumb.jpeg.b2e2bb22b92b8b34c89394d157472c5f.jpeg

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

At that limit, we could have a maximum of 415. Surely better than playing to empty stadia, Airdrie, Clyde, Queens Park would have more, depending on how many stands they open. Albion less. Much could change in the next 2-3 months, but we may find solutions like this by then. 

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Is that a guestimate?Thought it would be much less than that

No, i took the the percentage of the total capacity it was limited to (just under 21%) and applied that to our 1998 seats. I dont know why it was limited to that number & different venues might have diferent restrictions.

I'm just trying to show that it may be possible to have some paying customers watching our matches & expect by July/August companies may have to come up with measures to keep staff & customers safe rather than just a blanket ban. It's only 2 months since the lockdown came into force, who knows where we'll be in another 2.

4 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

No, i took the the percentage of the total capacity it was limited to (just under 21%) and applied that to our 1998 seats. I dont know why it was limited to that number & different venues might have diferent restrictions.

I'm just trying to show that it may be possible to have some paying customers watching our matches & expect by July/August companies may have to come up with measures to keep staff & customers safe rather than just a blanket ban. It's only 2 months since the lockdown came into force, who knows where we'll be in another 2.

I’m not sure your numbers would work that way. I’d predict that each pair of seats would be surrounded by an open seat...one couple takes 12 seats...three couples take 36...without number of seats in a row and number of rows, can’t really tell. Best view I can get shows 20 x 17 seats in your biggest sections (340 seats). If we assume seating as follows:

All fans are couples seated together, stairs are considered appropriate social distance, however a seat will be left open when practical, otherwise two seats between pairs.

First couple are in Row A, Seats 2 and 3 (makes sense to leave 1 and 20 open, next to the Stair). Next couple are in A6-7, then A10-11, A14-15, A18-19. That’s 10 people in Row A.

Rows B and C are empty, Row D has 10 more...Row G has 10 more...Row J has 10 more...Row M has 10 more...finally, Row P has another 10.

That’s only 60 people in 340 seats, just 17.65%. Assuming a roughly 2000 capacity at New Bayview, that’s about 353 people.

The other factors to consider are:

1) Open air, reduced transmission possibility

2) Loud vocal activity, significantly increased transmission possibility.

3) Require masks? Possibly mitigates some of number 2 above.

4) Does the SPFL or the Government require everyone’s temperature to be taken before entering?

5) What’s the cost of hiring people to do that?

6) What about the cost to clean the stadium before and after the game?

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love for there to be a way to make lower league fitba work soon, but I don’t think there’s much hope. I expect the U.S. is about to set the gold standard on what NOT to do in restarting professional sports and business, so watch in horror.

In the Courier today;

”East Fife manager Darren Young received a triple boost With skipper Kevin Smith, goalkeeper Brett Long and midfielder Ross Davidson agreeing to remain at the club.“

Excellent news, I’m especially chuffed that Brett has signed, best keeper we’ve had for years!!!

The same paper also saying that Airdrie are sniffing around Dunsmore, he’s also been offered a new deal but is taking a bit of time to consider his options, would be disappointed if Dunsy left us, but to leave us to go to a team in the same division would be a bit of a kick in the stones!!!

In the Courier today;
”East Fife manager Darren Young received a triple boost With skipper Kevin Smith, goalkeeper Brett Long and midfielder Ross Davidson agreeing to remain at the club.“
Excellent news, I’m especially chuffed that Brett has signed, best keeper we’ve had for years!!!
The same paper also saying that Airdrie are sniffing around Dunsmore, he’s also been offered a new deal but is taking a bit of time to consider his options, would be disappointed if Dunsy left us, but to leave us to go to a team in the same division would be a bit of a kick in the stones!!!

So 13 now signed up for next season [emoji16][emoji16]