The East Fife Thread

Null and void the season!!!

No promotion or relegation, dish out the prize money on current standings and (hopefully) start again next season, trying to squeeze in the remaining ties is unrealistic and only has knock on effects to the following term, which I have my doubts will kickoff on time anyway and can see reconstruction of the schedule in some kind of form anyway, whether it’s playing less League games or ditching a couple of the cups!!!

Dishing out titles and relegations to Clubs who haven’t (through no fault of their own) fulfilled the required fixtures goes against the entire ethos of the game, the Clubs shouting the loudest for this are obviously the ones with the most to gain, which also smacks of trying to take advantage of a hideous, terrible situation, remember no matter the gap between 1st and 2nd, no trophies have been handed out yet, which means every team can still be caught, NO team has won a League yet, yes most currently at the top may have gone on to do so, but to not award anything until it is mathematically impossible to be caught to be the rule of thumb since the year dot to then be chucked out because some Clubs have a louder voice than others is unjust and unfair!!!

As I said the only FAIR way is to bite the bullet, void the season just past and start again next season, as in the fact that no Club has “mathematically ” won a League, no Club has “mathematically” been relegated either, so really the only option, the only fairer option would be the scenario that sees the least amount of Clubs benefit from it and by Null and Voiding I can only see ONE Club truly benefiting and that would be Brechin!!!

Null and void the season!!!
No promotion or relegation, dish out the prize money on current standings and (hopefully) start again next season, trying to squeeze in the remaining ties is unrealistic and only has knock on effects to the following term, which I have my doubts will kickoff on time anyway and can see reconstruction of the schedule in some kind of form anyway, whether it’s playing less games or ditching a couple of the cups!!!
Dishing out titles and relegations to Clubs who haven’t (through no fault of their own) fulfilled the required fixtures goes against the entire ethos of the game, the Clubs shouting the loudest for this are obviously the ones with the most to gain, which also smacks of trying to take advantage of a hideous, terrible situation, remember no matter the gap between 1st and 2nd, no trophies have been handed out yet, which means every team can still be caught, NO team has won a League yet, yes most currently at the top may have gone in to do so, but to not award anything until it is mathematically impossible to be caught to be the rule of thumb since the year dot to be chucked out is unjust and unfair!!!
As I said the only FAIR way is to bite the bullet, void the season just past and try again!!!

May as well finish this season tho.
I doubt we will see football this year. so what's the fuss about making is a 19/20/21 season and finishing it off in a year.

May as well finish this season tho.
I doubt we will see football this year. so what's the fuss about making is a 19/20/21 season and finishing it off in a year.

Why???
We should be looking at hopefully starting the next season on time not dragging the arse out of this one which was correctly stopped by a momentous event!!!
Creating a millstone with huge knock on effects, I reckon we need to just man up, bite the billet, admit that this Season is done, Null and Void it and be putting all our efforts into starting the next!!!

Why???
We should be looking at hopefully starting the next season on time not dragging the arse out of this one which was correctly stopped by a momentous event!!!
Creating a millstone with huge knock on effects, I reckon we need to just man up, bite the billet, admit that this Season is done, Null and Void it and be putting all our efforts into starting the next!!!
Personally would love that but it's not fair

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:
9 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Why???

Personally would love that but it's not fair

How is it not fair, nobody wins*,nobody loses, you can’t get fairer than that!!!

*possibly except Brechin!!!

How is it not fair, nobody wins*,nobody loses, you can’t get fairer than that!!!

*possibly except Brechin!!!
All league leaders lose out in that.

We have to admit there is unlikely going to be any footy played in 2020. We will be into 2021 why not just finish off this season instead of playing a shitty wee half season where the season can be called nul and void as less games could be played next season than completed this season too...

25 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

All league leaders lose out in that.

We have to admit there is unlikely going to be any footy played in 2020. We will be into 2021 why not just finish off this season instead of playing a shitty wee half season where the season can be called nul and void as less games could be played next season than completed this season too...

Well that’s just tough, they’re League “Leaders” not League “Winners”, they might be ahead, but they’ve won f**k all at this point,  you can’t lose what you don’t have!!!

Also for 20-21 season, how about two lower Leagues of 15, Top 5 from League One into the Championship and The entirety of League Two promoted to League 1,  play each other home and away, that’s only 8 League games less than we normally play, that means with eight fewer sataurdays the League isn’t forced to start in July but can be stretched safely out to late September early October, we can still ditch one or two of the cups, but that gap also gives us the options of playing those cups (to a finish) in those first 8 weeks if we get an all clear!!!
At Season’s end keep it as it is if it’s proved to be a success or easily revert back to the three Divisions again!!!

Also I would be fairly confident that the EF Board would vote against anyway, not through any animosity towards Raith but pure for financial reasons, we played both Partick and Raith twice at the Nou Bayview last Season and I’m pretty sure we made more money from the games against the Linolickers!!!

Well that’s just tough, they’re League “Leaders” not League “Winners”, they might be ahead, but they’ve won f**k all at this point,  you can’t lose what you don’t have!!!
Also for 20-21 season, how about two lower Leagues of 15, Top 5 from League One into the Championship and The entirety of League Two promoted to League 1,  play each other home and away, that’s only 8 League games less than we normally play, that means with eight fewer sataurdays the League isn’t forced to start in July but can be stretched safely out to late September early October, we can still ditch one or two of the cups, but that gap also gives us the options of playing those cups (to a finish) in those first 8 weeks if we get an all clear!!!
At Season’s end keep it as it is if it’s proved to be a success or easily revert back to the three Divisions again!!!
Haha can't get rid of any cups as the money clubs makes from it are huge especially the Betfred. It's the biggest money spinner.

Don't get me wrong nul and void would suit east fife best as keeps Raith which we financially love.

But I don't see why we are scrapping this year for it when next season will be just as farcical as no way the full season is being played. 5 up from our league makes no sence at all bar suits our agenda again.

Dunno what the ideal situation is at all as we don't know what's happening with coronavirus.

If we knew we could start next season at usual time then nil and void is a decent shout but that's unlikely as not going to start normal times.

All pie in the sky stuff till we know when lockdown etc is away

Haha can't get rid of any cups as the money clubs makes from it are huge especially the Betfred. It's the biggest money spinner.

Don't get me wrong nul and void would suit east fife best as keeps Raith which we financially love.

But I don't see why we are scrapping this year for it when next season will be just as farcical as no way the full season is being played. 5 up from our league makes no sence at all bar suits our agenda again.

Dunno what the ideal situation is at all as we don't know what's happening with coronavirus.

If we knew we could start next season at usual time then nil and void is a decent shout but that's unlikely as not going to start normal times.

All pie in the sky stuff till we know when lockdown etc is away

It is just as farcical to carry on this shambles of a season in the hope that it might be seen out to a conclusion, we need to just draw a line under it and put all our efforts into next season!!!

The Cups are a “Brucey Bonus”, the League is the bread and butter and that is where all efforts should be concentrated!!!

And yes 5 up would benefit us but I would have made the same suggestion if we were sixth, and it makes sense as in it reduces the number of games, which is the point I’m trying to make, it is highly unlikely next Season is going to start at the time it is supposed to, a (possibly temporary) reconstruction of the Leagues provides that and gives the League some breathing space to get started!!!

Going ahead without any reconstruction is probably going to mean a backlog of games before the thing even kicks off, you could be looking at starting in September and having six or more games in hand, which means two games a week leading into winter where games are going to get postponed anyway, just adding to the backlog, it would become a farce!!!

On 09/04/2020 at 13:22, King Kebab said:

Also I would be fairly confident that the EF Board would vote against anyway, not through any animosity towards Raith but pure for financial reasons, we played both Partick and Raith twice at the Nou Bayview last Season and I’m pretty sure we made more money from the games against the Linolickers!!!

There’s a difference though between playing a struggling Thistle and one that is maybe challenging for a title as regards attendances 

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

There’s a difference though between playing a struggling Thistle and one that is maybe challenging for a title as regards attendances 

Falkirk, generally get bigger crowds than both Raith & Partick & were going for the title when they came to us, it's also closer, but the crowd was lower than a Raith derby. 

3 hours ago, steakngravy said:

I think I almost recognise some of these players king any chance of a name or twelve. Even the strip doesn't help me. Anyway cheers and stay safe.

7866BE1E-5553-4D24-98E9-C1186A605309.jpeg

Cheers Mr Brown for the information,out of that group I didn't recognise Pat Quinn. I think he must have been in his twilight years when tis photo was taken.

Ones I recognise were Billy McPhee (played 5's with Billy for a few years),Bertie Miller a good tricky winger.

Of the ones not in the photo I remember Dave Clarke,Walter Borthwick and Graeme Honeyman (what relation is the Honeyman that's at East Fife just now).

A wee story about Dave Clarke in he 1970's he had a hotel in Lochgelly and they had a team in the local amateur league. My team were due to play them at the Beveridge Park and low and behold a certain Mr Clarke was named on the team lines.  One of our players a staunch Rovers man bragged he was going to do him. After 5 or 10 mininutes the said player was writhing on the ground and had to be subbed amd it wasn't even a foul. We got beat but on protest we were awarded the points. As far as I can recall Davie Clarke received an SFA fine. The thing about it was he actually did us a favour by nobbling our player. If he reads this and remembers thank you Davie.