The East Fife Thread

I think realistically it's win or bust against Montrose. If we don't win we'll be trailing Montrose and Airdrie, having not beaten a top 5 side since the first quarter. i would not be confident of picking up more points than either of them from the last seven games. If we win then we take 4th place back and shift the momentum back towards us again, putting the pressure on Montrose, especially with them having a very tough run of games against the top 3 just over the horizon.

Honestly:

Raith - Best “complete” team, but not scoring well, and beatable.

Falkirk - Best “defensive” team, but over reliant on one or two players and most vulnerable to injury/suspension.

Airdrie - Fading away from 2Q form, not sure which side will show up.

Montrose - On form side, but will that continue and can they avoid a slump.

East Fife - Faded from 1Q through 2Q, but still not collapsing, return to form still possible. Perhaps injury woes?

Hopefully the SPFL has a plan to help clubs financially if the games are patched after this weekend, I'll top up my monthly DD to the club to try help out otherwise, bit of a nightmare if there's no financial support from the league. Surely they'll come up with something?! Divvy out prize money equally, suspend players contracts for 2 months (though players likely have holidays booked!). Christ knows. 

Hopefully the SPFL has a plan to help clubs financially if the games are patched after this weekend, I'll top up my monthly DD to the club to try help out otherwise, bit of a nightmare if there's no financial support from the league. Surely they'll come up with something?! Divvy out prize money equally, suspend players contracts for 2 months (though players likely have holidays booked!). Christ knows. 

Suspend players contracts for 2 months? :lol:

How would you like it if you’re work decided not to pay you for the next 2 months?

I imagine you wouldn’t Settle for that? So why should players have to?

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Suspend players contracts for 2 months? :lol:

How would you like it if you’re work decided not to pay you for the next 2 months?

I imagine you wouldn’t Settle for that? So why should players have to?

I've no idea, but my work have already started discussions with us on this, reducing days in the office and reducing salaries etc. I have no idea how they're going to sort this. 

A lot of clubs wondering how they'll get by with no gate money until the picture becomes clearer. Not sure how we fare in this, but if its going to be a bit longer than 4-6 weeks, should we maybe start offering next 2020/21 Season tickets early?

As was suggested previously, freeze the league as it is. Make the end of season payments based on current position. Then restart in July /August, playing the remaining fixtures from 19/20 season and 3 rounds of fixtures in 20/21 season. The league Cup return to straight KO format for 1 season. Scrap the biscuits cup for a season.
Play SC semis and final as season opener.

Just a thought

14 hours ago, smuggfifer said:

As was suggested previously, freeze the league as it is. Make the end of season payments based on current position. Then restart in July /August, playing the remaining fixtures from 19/20 season and 3 rounds of fixtures in 20/21 season. The league Cup return to straight KO format for 1 season. Scrap the biscuits cup for a season.
Play SC semis and final as season opener.

Just a thought

I like pay all teams as if they finished 8th, and pool the remainder and pay even share to all 42 teams. If that happened, the payments would be more than finishing first to all League One and Two teams, even assuming revenue reduced by 25% to SPFL, the top two levels would lose some, but most can stand the hit much better than lower teams.

Just noticed that the Chairman has advised that EF pays for Business Interruption Insurance - an insurance not paid by all clubs.

This insurance covers for the loss of income suffered  as a result of a disaster. 

Hopefully this means what it would appear to say.- or at least in part.

Our ownership situation is terrible but the board we have in place clearly care about the club and can be trusted to do what they feel is best. Very glad to hear we have this insurance, but hope they can potentially put something else in place over the next week so fans can contribute a bit more cash.

16 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Just noticed that the Chairman has advised that EF pays for Business Interruption Insurance - an insurance not paid by all clubs.

This insurance covers for the loss of income suffered  as a result of a disaster. 

Hopefully this means what it would appear to say.- or at least in part.

From what I understand this is all a bit up in the air as not surprisingly the virus isn't a listed disease on insurance policies. You'll have a better chance of receiving a payout with the cover than without it though.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

From what I understand this is all a bit up in the air as not surprisingly the virus isn't a listed disease on insurance policies. You'll have a better chance of receiving a payout with the cover than without it though.

And you can bet your last dime that the insurance companies will try and squirm out of it any which way they can...

If anyone wants something to read this weekend, the Rovers are going to have what was to be Saturday's match programme available as a free download. 

Not sure exactly when it'll be available, but details will be on the Rovers club website. 

It may be worth considering an early sale of season tickets. I know that simply delays the problem but it would help cashflow from now until the end of the season.

At the same time the club should get its creative thinkers setting up income generating activities that don't involve physical attendance at events.

I'd be very reluctant simply to contribute cash to a "Save EF Fund" unless there was a clear commitment from the majority shareholder Ms Twigg to contribute too - at least on a matching basis.

Although the club means a lot to us and the community it is still under the private control of an individual and if she can't make the effort to help save her own asset then why should the ordinary supporter 

12 minutes ago, faither said:

I'd be very reluctant simply to contribute cash to a "Save EF Fund" unless there was a clear commitment from the majority shakoreholder Ms Twigg to contribute too - at least on a matching basis.

Although the club means a lot to us and the community it is still under the private control of an individual and if she can't make the effort to help save her own asset then why should the ordinary supporter 

Can't see that happening, she must be about 20 & was only named as shareholder, as Neil Rankine, was also involved with Livvy & another ( Dumbarton?) 

Early, early bird season tickets is a great idea though, you couldn't include the 4 outstanding from this season though. 

Don't know if they could be sold in a package of some sort? 

Edited by Life on Marrs?