The East Fife Thread

Anyone thinking of 2nd is utterly mental, that would be a huge ask. The difference between 4th and 5th is the key, not on that table but the additional likely 1500-2000 folk at the playoff semi final at £15 a pop (assuming you keep your own receipts and it's not chopped over the two legs). Playoff's the priority. 

4 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Not really arrogance, I was taking the 90 minutes in context. I thought Falkirk looked far better last night than East Fife or Airdrie did in our recent encounters. 

I sincerely hope our performance at Christmas is not repeated in a few weeks. By christ that was a brutal festive comedown, 5 going on 15 for you lot that day. 

3 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

We wont win the league, but if someone had said that we would be 5 points off the top with 9 games to go, we would have taken that.

Our next 3 games are against Airdrie, Montrose and Raith so will go a long way to define our season. 3rd or 4th would be a decent season for us.

Why not?5 points is not insurmountable

We,Falkirk and Airdrie have shown their capability in dropping points.We,ve dropped 5 points in our last 5 games,Falkirk the same and Airdrie 7 points in comparison to yourselves who have only dropped 3

If I was a Fife fan I wouldnt be giving up the ghost yet

Edited by Rovers_Lad

You could predict one of the top three dropping a few points, but all 3, full time sides is unlikely. That and we'd probably need to win 7of our last 9 games.

Take each game at a time, aim for third & see where we are at the end on March. 

You could predict one of the top three dropping a few points, but all 3, full time sides is unlikely. That and we'd probably need to win 7of our last 9 games.
Take each game at a time, aim for third & see where we are at the end on March. 
Aim for first.
Try and win all the last 9 games.

Show everyone how good we can be on our day. Just need our day to happen 9 Saturdays in a row at least haha

3 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

Anyone thinking of 2nd is utterly mental, that would be a huge ask. The difference between 4th and 5th is the key, not on that table but the additional likely 1500-2000 folk at the playoff semi final at £15 a pop (assuming you keep your own receipts and it's not chopped over the two legs). Playoff's the priority. 

spot on

Tbf last year 51 points would have had us with the playoff place, realistically this year i think 60 or thereabouts clinches it. 

Its been a tougher league at the top end this year. Obviously there are still games to play and points to be won and dropped. But last year the gap between a playoff place and 8th was only 9pts, this year its already 19. Not really sure what caused the big difference, or maybe last year swas just an abnormal one. 

Aim for first.
Try and win all the last 9 games.

Show everyone how good we can be on our day. Just need our day to happen 9 Saturdays in a row at least haha

Can we win it?

No lets be happy with 2nd!!!!

Surely we can come 3rd????

Sorry- wake up this is EF!!!!

Amazing that we/ I have these dilemmas’!!

We get into top 4- amazing . We have come a long way these past few years- need to remember this.

For me- luck now plays a huge part. Can we stay injury free. Can our defence remain strong and no silly errors. Can Our attackers remain injury free and continue to score

Can Agnew remain fit and the midfield solidify ( its our weakest area!)

But hey lots of if’s but amazing that we still have these worries in the last quarter of the season...

Well tough fixtures coming up hopefully we stay injury-free and if we take a result from these two games leading to the derby then that would be great, hopefully we have improved as a team going to lanarkshire the last time we went through there we were comfortable beating but got a last minute draw with them at NB so hope much change since then going to penny cars arena....monthefife!

2 hours ago, sirscottyoung said:

Clean sweep in the monthly awards.

Darren is Manager of the month
And
Aggy is player of the month

Positive sign; that's usually a kiss of death for the following game... ;) 

Further to last weekends discussion on here about sponsorship & advertising worth. A Uefa pilot study has announced today, that Ayr United generate £8.6m per annum for their local community & Spartans £5.2m. 

As unbelievable as those figures sound, it does show the worth of a club to their local area.

Anyone know when young Taco Bell will be back with the squad last I herd he was in light training few weeks ago hopefully he makes appearance on the bench sooner rather than later in time for the play offs now young Hunter is out to Coatbridge. Would gives us an other attacking option from midfield among the subs - don't get me wrong it's good to see a kid or two on the bench coming though but if they aren't getting used they might aswell stay and play Friday night to get reconginse more from the benefit of playing u20s until there ready.

Anyone know when young Taco Bell will be back with the squad last I herd he was in light training few weeks ago hopefully he makes appearance on the bench sooner rather than later in time for the play offs now young Hunter is out to Coatbridge. Would gives us an other attacking option from midfield among the subs - don't get me wrong it's good to see a kid or two on the bench coming though but if they aren't getting used they might aswell stay and play Friday night to get reconginse more from the benefit of playing u20s until there ready.
Don't think Kyle is due back till at least that start of. Next season

Further to last weekends discussion on here about sponsorship & advertising worth. A Uefa pilot study has announced today, that Ayr United generate £8.6m per annum for their local community & Spartans £5.2m. 
As unbelievable as those figures sound, it does show the worth of a club to their local area.
Can you link me to this? Because those figures seem utterly mad.