The East Fife Thread

Just an outside view, but the 2013-14, four yellow/gold and five black, black shorts and socks seems the best to my eyes.. The tartan is a nice change-up, but should be changed to an alternate home or an away design. Alternately, number 1, with a white field and a thinner black and gold checker might look OK. 

Just an outside view, but the 2013-14, four yellow/gold and five black, black shorts and socks seems the best to my eyes.. The tartan is a nice change-up, but should be changed to an alternate home or an away design. Alternately, number 1, with a white field and a thinner black and gold checker might look OK. 
How nice would a white shirt with a quarter of black and gold checks look!

15 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Think your needing to change your washing powder or stop using two rocks beside the Dreel Burn!!!

But the fact of the matter is it has mostly been stripes!!!

IMG_1133.thumb.jpg.2369a0f093e1c557791796cac4e83901.jpgIMG_1134.thumb.jpg.b9b7014a18f044f0e3622de5dcbc9401.jpgIMG_1135.thumb.jpg.375c22321424479527b6bf423f5db699.jpgIMG_1136.thumb.jpg.5ef7e4cdd615241e534d73ee42426d08.jpg

If they brought a retro top out like that 1973/4 number i reckon you would have a top seller on your hands

18 minutes ago, FullTimePint said:

If they brought a retro top out like that 1973/4 number i reckon you would have a top seller on your hands

It would, as would the 64-70 number as well I think, “The Geordie Dewar Special”!!!

Gradient v Tartan. The worst 2, in my opinion, but the tartan would be pretty unique & something different.

The checks in white, with gold/yellow squares and black shorts, white socks wouldn't be a bad change kit. Shirts and socks could be interchanged with the home when required. 

Hope there's no issue with tartan needing to be registered with some lord lyon type rule pish.

out of those two kits - still prefer the tartan kit than gradient.

🤗🤑😍 Btw only ten leagues games left (if anyone's noticed) hopefully we are still higher than 5th place and Falkirk win the league and we have airdrieO and the Lino's in the POs, fingers crossed people. Another victory in Angus this weekend with Mo's losing to AirdrieO would be sweet as music to ears....!!

47 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Does seem to be the case, was that not a legacy from the Derrick Brown era, when no one wanted anything to do with the club?

Probably find like everything else these days, all lower league clubs advertising will have fallen over the last 20years.

Yeah I'd imagine so, hopefully the club can continue to make the cash particularly with the growing online presence and EFTV. 

Your comment inspired me to have a quick google about Brown as I was only about 13 at the time and wasn't entirely aware of all that went on, but I remember the fans out on the mound. Dark times indeed. Though I'm fairly sure our current chairman arrived at the same time as Mr Brown many moons ago, that could of course be nonsense!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/east-fife-hire-manager-convicted-of-assault-1-489531

Have to admit, I like when you visit other grounds at this level & see the advertising hoardings still showing the local Butcher, Baker & Haulage firm. Refreshing from the sell out multi-national companies you see in the EPL. Stenhousemuir had a good video on thier website at the start of the season, to launch a new away strip, they went round local businesses, presumably who sponsor the team. Maybe we could do more with our site & Eftv. The more the club is seen as a force for the good & promoting the community might not be a bad thing. 

Congrats to Big Tonks who is in this weeks SPFL Team of the Week!!!IMG_1143.jpg
Another deserved entry, he has really come onto a game over the last few weeks, obviously got his wee pal Waldo back and is totally over his injury that was hampering him around mid-season!!!

Everyone can do their bit with the advertising etc. If you know your work does sponsorships and advertises tell them about a board at bayview etc.
£400+vat for first year and
£200+vat each subsequent year.

Now if your work don't think that's worthwhile then that's your part to sell it to them and send the details to the club or tell whoever is in charge to call the club.
The more boards then the more money in the coffers for the budget and the better the squad etc.

Congrats to Big Tonks who is in this weeks SPFL Team of the Week!!!IMG_1143.thumb.jpg.eed9f71991e685d93fc4469293556751.jpg
Another deserved entry, he has really come onto a game over the last few weeks, obviously got his wee pal Waldo back and is totally over his injury that was hampering him around mid-season!!!

Agreed- his work rate is unbelievable- clearly was carrying an injury as his work rate a few weeks ago was not up to par.

Would love midfield to pick up his runs like past 2 weeks and keep ball on the ground- feel he will score more with that support.If he goes on a scoring run and our excellent CB’s concentrate for 90- maybe- just maybe- we can get top 4( ?).

Then its a lottery- do that and we should name a stand( ok only stand[emoji23]) after Mr Young?