Just noticed to see young Dylan Dykes released from Morton was he not mention in our threads a couple years ago as a signing target. Is a midfielder and is a ex Rangers traniee, Ross County, Stranraer (loan) and Stenhousemuir (loan), just throwing a name in since it's very quiet on our transfer front.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
Adding to my own words

56 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Trialist is ex Rovers Joel Coulstrain

A good lad, a bit lightweight at times.

Hope he does well.

Other than Ross Dunlop and Kevin Smith getting some game time,that was an absolute waste of time.One of the worst 90 minutes of football ever.

Other than Ross Dunlop and Kevin Smith getting some game time,that was an absolute waste of time.One of the worst 90 minutes of football ever.
That was kinda the point of it, wasn't meant to be a contest as such.

20 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Trialist is ex Rovers Joel Coulstrain

I always thought he was a shining light in a dreadful Rovers team, but neither Locke nor Hughes gave him a chance. 

Maybe lacked a wee bit of positional awareness, but he was very young and has probably matured. He certainly had the ability to split a defence. 

As ZA says above, a really decent laddie. 

4 minutes ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

does anybody know where id be able to get our fixtures & results from the first game till present?

For this season? 

The club website has that information

8 minutes ago, East Fife is best said:

Steven Boyd signed for Peterhead

Thought he left us for full-time football

He maybe knows something we don't. The question is he any good. ?

6 hours ago, peternapper said:

The question is he any good. ?

So good he couldn't get off the bench for us!!

Seriously, I thought he was ok, didn't get much of a chance once our regular forwards returned to fitness though.

I'm surprised he's not held out for Raith, what with the massive weekly wages they can offer, lol.

Good luck to Boyd, didn't really get much game time for whatever reason to make an impact! With Rory McAllister off to Cove I'm sure Peterhead will be giving him a good wage.

Fairly sure Boyd will be on a decent wage at Peterhead and will be starting every week, so in that sense whether it's full time or not he's got what he wanted. He did well for us when he played, but completely understand why he had to leave. We really need our strikers now to start kicking on and firing in the goals, it's feels like been a while since we had a "main man" up front who we could rely on, and given our defence is a bit shaky right now (can't be too surprised, we're playing two converted centre mids at full back and we canny compete at crosses!), we need to start converting at the other end. 

15 hours ago, 90thMinuteDunsmore said:

sorry i should have worded that better, from 1903 till present

There aren't any online sites that have stats from pre 1921 or the wartime years. 

If there is any particular information that you need, I should be able to help from my own records

6 hours ago, East Fife is best said:

Any rumours on signing or players being looked at

Very much quiet on the transfers front, though we did have ex-Rovers boy Joel Coustrain on trial on Saturday that is far who we are looking at....I say I like to see a defender and one or two Midfielders in. Hope Kev Smith returning is like a new signing for the rest of the season with having Baker, Waldo, Dowds and young MacKenzie/ Healy/ Cosgrove up top.

21 hours ago, peternapper said:

He maybe knows something we don't. The question is he any good. ?

Well he joined us having left the accies in October thought having played at a high level like the premiership we would see him blow these teams in the league away but bit disappointed tbh dunno if the fitness was an issue aswell as seeking ft regular  football, his best goal was at Stark's park but part from that he was pretty much a sub to dowds and the return of Wallace forced him out to the bench from then on and out of the picture once we signed Baker!....

So with talisman Macallister leaving for Cove, Boyd will have thought regular games and big wage in joining Peterhead but good luck to the lad.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer