The East Fife Thread

9 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

“Coming from a health and safety background “ FFS listen to yourself. Were you born an arsehole or just slowly develop ?

I’m an Arsehole because someone questioned why there was empty seats and I explained why obviously you have a chip on your shoulder for whatever reason is because your team got a pumping and your still raging about it or is your wife still getting a battering until the next derby

7 hours ago, basher brash said:

I’m an Arsehole because someone questioned why there was empty seats and I explained why obviously you have a chip on your shoulder for whatever reason is because your team got a pumping and your still raging about it or is your wife still getting a battering until the next derby

Both may be true but when you wake up in the morning you will still be an arsehole.

”Health and safety background”  deary me !

57 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

I’d start with baker and Boyd next sat and give dowds and Wallace a rest,although Wallace is just back,feel he’s not 100%

The problem is not with the front line. Dowds and Wallace have the potential to be the best partnership in the league. The main issue here is the midfield. They need to move the ball quicker to the front line and support earlier. This is obvious, can no one else see it?

1 hour ago, Simon from St Andrews said:

The problem is not with the front line. Dowds and Wallace have the potential to be the best partnership in the league. The main issue here is the midfield. They need to move the ball quicker to the front line and support earlier. This is obvious, can no one else see it?

Dowds is not as sharp as he was last season. He's been slower to react and his touch has not been as good. Surely Baker should get a chance and give anton a break. 

30 minutes ago, troy said:

Dowds is not as sharp as he was last season. He's been slower to react and his touch has not been as good. Surely Baker should get a chance and give anton a break. 

I’m not too sure. I would say he is better than last year with his touch and passing. Look at the Forfar away game where he created and scored for both our goals. Look at the highlights of the Montrose game, he is the only forward holding it up and laying it back to his teammates. The Watt chance highlights this. From my point of view his touch and reactions are on point. 

One of the issues he has is that he does too much running perhaps outside the box for others including brought fully back for all defensive corners.  Playing with Smithy last year helped as he was given the ball when he made the runs. Wallace doesn’t give him the ball on time and tonks then has to check and run again and again. You will see this in most games. Don’t get me wrong Wallace is a really good player but, he does need to shift it earlier, to all the team not just Tonks. 

The area where the team does need rest is the midfield. This is where we are struggling just now with guys being tired and it is restricting the team and costing points.  They need to shift the ball quicker and put it in better areas to allow forwards to run onto. Balls fired at head height once the run has been made are no use to anyone. For me this is the area of the team that needs help. I like our midfield, I just think they need help and a bit of a break. If Lewis Hunter could up his levels and apply pressure to the starting XI that would be a start. Also Murdoch could be used in there as an option when the manager chooses bringing Watson to right back. All this could be an option for Darren when Dunlop makes it back from injury. 

Not seen enough of Baker just yet but, I am sure he will be fine once he gets further minutes under his belt. 

3 hours ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Both may be true but when you wake up in the morning you will still be an arsehole.

”Health and safety background”  deary me !

Trust me I’ll wake up just fine , I’m not being personal so really your coming across as the Arsehole 

23 minutes ago, grant1903 said:

Any rumours on any January additions,see airdrie are bringing back Andy Ryan in time for Saturday,our finances should be fine to add a couple,hopefully a quality midfielder in case aggy or Davo get injured 

'Reportedly'. Not confirmed yet. This is me trying  not to get too ahead of myself, should it turn out to be false. 

21 minutes ago, effc loyal said:

Give the lad a chance, seen next to nothing of him apart from a few minutes here and there, why not give him a go this weekend

Agree. Baker went to school with my laddie and even back then he stood out head and shoulders over the rest. Prolific goal scorer who is more than capable at this level.

The goals have dried up at East Fife and time to try something new. Of course, this hasn't been helped by a midfield who look out of sorts recently.