The East Fife Thread

24 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Pat Is a stick on for me, no Pat ,no win! However, like every other position, we need cover and more importantly , cover. Church is a young lad developing his game, and learning. He is providing both the requirements above. Ok, he's made a few mistakes, who hasn't, Pat certainly has. A nightmare in the same stadium as Saturday springs to mind. But he learned, and has come back a much better player.
Thankfully I doubt the lads parent team will waste time reading some of the drivel that appears on here.
#givetheladachance

Christ can remember that game, got absolutely turned inside and out. 

16 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Just thinking (yeah I know!) that our next three leagues are absolute belters, Clyde home, Airdrie away & Falkirk home before we have the two camel treks! Exciting times

They’re all hard games in this Division Liam, you could have put any selection of sides into our next three games and we would be saying the same thing!!!

But saying that, 9 points out of 9 in the next three games would surely cement our place as Masters of the Universe surely???

Just watched the highlights and looked as though Denholm had a great game and took his opportunity with Dunsmore out. We will have real competition for places once we have our full squad to pick from and Young will have some tricky decisions to make.

Our run of fixtures between now and 2020 look very difficult and will go along way to define our season.

41 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Just watched the highlights and looked as though Denholm had a great game and took his opportunity with Dunsmore out. We will have real competition for places once we have our full squad to pick from and Young will have some tricky decisions to make.

Our run of fixtures between now and 2020 look very difficult and will go along way to define our season.

Aye. I came away from Dumbarton thinking Denholm had a brilliant game but it took watching the highlights to realise how much he was involved in creating. Incredible performance.

With Liam Watt also having a great game and scoring two goals, I wouldn't be surprised if Dunsmore has to wait for his chance to get back in the starting line up.

Aye. I came away from Dumbarton thinking Denholm had a brilliant game but it took watching the highlights to realise how much he was involved in creating. Incredible performance.

With Liam Watt also having a great game and scoring two goals, I wouldn't be surprised if Dunsmore has to wait for his chance to get back in the starting line up.

Well if Dunsy comes away learning a lesson then it will be worth it, the majority of his bookings have just been the result of his “whole-hearted” playing style, with no real malice, but there has been a couple of just really stupid ones, talking back to the ref and booting the ball away spring to mind, he’s an important player for us, so losing his spot down to stupid actions doesn’t just hurt the team due to suspension, it has the knock on effect of him losing his place and he will know that if we keep winning he won’t get it back again for a while!!!

Well done to Danny Denholm who made it into this week’s SPFL Team of the Week, he was tremendous on Saturday and more than made up for his “self-confessed” disappointing start the previous week!!!

81F2A53D-68D3-4015-99E4-CAF3841AB2D2.jpeg

30BE00E4-E716-4ECC-9F85-87B6147F629D.jpeg

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Well done to Danny Denholm who made it into this week’s SPFL Team of the Week, he was tremendous on Saturday and more than made up for his “self-confessed” disappointing start the previous week!!!

81F2A53D-68D3-4015-99E4-CAF3841AB2D2.jpeg

30BE00E4-E716-4ECC-9F85-87B6147F629D.jpeg

Not sure how the SPFL manage to compare performances across all 4 divisions, but it's a credit to them that they don't  just take the lazy option and cram it full of Premiership players. We've had more than our share of players in the Team of the Week this season (have we got someone influencing the judges?), long may it continue!

Not sure how the SPFL manage to compare performances across all 4 divisions, but it's a credit to them that they don't  just take the lazy option and cram it full of Premiership players. We've had more than our share of players in the Team of the Week this season (have we got someone influencing the judges?), long may it continue!
Yes , we have a decent squad of good players excelling themselves most weeks , who are influencing the judges.

Must admit DD has looked off the pace earlier in the season when he came on, but that's mainly down to us not rotating wingers on the wee run we had so he wasn't getting a chance to get up to match sharpness. When he came on at Raith, I thought he ran himself into the ground and looked back at it so it's good to see him have that kind of performance. 

This break has probably come at the right time for us, Montrose defeat firmly fired into the sun with a great follow up win, with guys like Duggan and Wallace now getting some extra time to get back to 100% fitness, as well as the rest of them getting a bit of rest.

I'd imagine we'll rotate a bit for the cup but not too much, maybe Brett in goals with Hunter, Church and Duggan all starting, giving Tonks another bit of a rest. We'll obviously be favourites going through in that one but not to the point we can just f**k about with the team. 

I’m probably alone in thinking this but, beat BSC in the cup, (be embarrassing if we didn’t) and get a good payday in the next round and then get the Cup into the sea, after last season the thought of going on an extended cup run gives me the fear!!!

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

I'd imagine we'll rotate a bit for the cup but not too much, maybe Brett in goals with Hunter, Church and Duggan all starting, giving Tonks another bit of a rest. We'll obviously be favourites going through in that one but not to the point we can just f**k about with the team. 

Aye, was thinking along those lines. Basically pick the team for the Tuesday night against Clyde (which may well be the team that started at Dumbarton) and then slot in any fit players who're needing game time in against BSC.

Yeah, 3-4 changes max. Maybe Brett, Watson, Denholm & Duggan into starting line up from our trusted 11. Then depending how the tie is going, we could make a further couple to give game time/rest to others, or bring on the big guns if we're struggling. Would like to see more of Hunter & Church. 

I’m probably alone in thinking this but, beat BSC in the cup, (be embarrassing if we didn’t) and get a good payday in the next round and then get the Cup into the sea, after last season the thought of going on an extended cup run gives me the fear!!!

Yes Celtic or Rangers away would be a big pay day and see us alright for a couple of years- helped Airdrie last year in Scottish Cup.