The East Fife Thread

Just now, TxRover said:

Second changing tent from the left, shagging a barmaid?

See, you do know your way around the Seaside League!!!

So we add the most handsome man to our lineup and we win, even when he scores an OG.
Same again for the rest of the season please.

IMG_0725.jpg

The bad thing about this free week that we’ve got next Saturday is that its pretty much going to be guaranteed that we’re going to lose our “Top Spot” and possibly even be down to 4th place by 4:45 next Saturday, I can’t see both Falkirk and Airdrieonians losing, it’s going to make that midweek Clyde game even more of a must-win that it already is!!!

It’s too tight at the top to drop any points!!!

4 hours ago, King Kebab said:

The bad thing about this free week that we’ve got next Saturday is that its pretty much going to be guaranteed that we’re going to lose our “Top Spot” and possibly even be down to 4th place by 4:45 next Saturday, I can’t see both Falkirk and Airdrieonians losing, it’s going to make that midweek Clyde game even more of a must-win that it already is!!!

It’s too tight at the top to drop any points!!!

This promises to be an entertaining year. 3 points between the top four...four points between 5-8...nine points between 1 and 8. Someone will likely put on a run (hell, Airdrie might be doing that right now) but I don’t see this league being resolved early this year. The one wildcard is Falkirk and their budget. If they shitcan McKinnon and rejigger the team effectively in January, they have the potential to strengthen a lot...but they are such a hot mess right now.

Great win yesterday- showed a very professional attitude to put the poor ending of the first half behind them before completely dominating Dumbarton in the second half. Thought Denholm was terrific, an old fashioned winger performance, good to see him playing with confidence as he always gets himself down whenever he makes mistakes. 1/2 the way there with regards to me wishing Long and Watson getting back in the team- superb from Watson at RB, him and Murdoch complimented each other well, he added the attacking threat from RB which Murdoch doesn't do too much. Still would love to see Long in however Hart is performing week in week out. Well done to Slattery getting his position back too!

Mon the Fife!

-SS

Great win yesterday- showed a very professional attitude to put the poor ending of the first half behind them before completely dominating Dumbarton in the second half. Thought Denholm was terrific, an old fashioned winger performance, good to see him playing with confidence as he always gets himself down whenever he makes mistakes. 1/2 the way there with regards to me wishing Long and Watson getting back in the team- superb from Watson at RB, him and Murdoch complimented each other well, he added the attacking threat from RB which Murdoch doesn't do too much. Still would love to see Long in however Hart is performing week in week out. Well done to Slattery getting his position back too!
Mon the Fife!

-SS

Pat is a must because church is dog shit

This is an absolutely terrible take, especially at our level when we need young loanees to come here, learn and develop.
I prefer Pat at left back but Church has been absolutely fine, one missed header in the derby and I think people have decided he's done. Wild.

2 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

This is an absolutely terrible take, especially at our level when we need young loanees to come here, learn and develop.
I prefer Pat at left back but Church has been absolutely fine, one missed header in the derby and I think people have decided he's done. Wild.

Sounds familiar...we slotted McKay in Saturday and missed nary a beat, but the bleating on the boards was that McKay would get us killed if we used him for Davo. Everyone has an opinion on most every player, but that doesn’t make that many of them correct. The downside of these boards is they magnify the poor moments as people slice up the player to fit their perception. Much as I want to beat you like a drum, it’s always good to see younger players getting time and developing at an appropriate level. People seem to forget that a loanee isn’t sent to a league they will dominate, but to a league where they can be challenged and develop.

All the teams in League One are on the lookout for young talent, on loan, from lower leagues, and from any other avenue, and then stiffen it up with crusty old veterans, those who never panned out, and the disgruntled and the disgraced. Until people are willing to give a chap a real chance, we’ll see those overreacting in both directions.

Absolute nonsense to say Church is dogshit. He's done well when he's been given the chance so far. He's competing for a place with a long serving and popular player who's having a fantastci season. Some folk just can't seem to take to players in that position.

We could sign Andy Robertson and you'd still get a few folk grumbling cos Pat Slattery's not in the team.

13 hours ago, talknoshite said:

I don't know who you are but I do know you're no supporter.

No-one who claims to be a supporter of any team should describe a young player in such abusive and meaningless language 

I suggest that if you ever come to Bayview you identify yourself to the manager and player and express your view directly to them though something makes me think people like you would run a mile rather than do that 

33 minutes ago, faither said:

I don't know who you are but I do know you're no supporter.

No-one who claims to be a supporter of any team should describe a young player in such abusive and meaningless language 

I suggest that if you ever come to Bayview you identify yourself to the manager and player and express your view directly to them though something makes me think people like you would run a mile rather than do that 

Well said Faither, first time we've agreed on something since.....well the last time we agreed on something!

Pat Is a stick on for me, no Pat ,no win! However, like every other position, we need cover and more importantly , cover. Church is a young lad developing his game, and learning. He is providing both the requirements above. Ok, he's made a few mistakes, who hasn't, Pat certainly has. A nightmare in the same stadium as Saturday springs to mind. But he learned, and has come back a much better player.
Thankfully I doubt the lads parent team will waste time reading some of the drivel that appears on here.
#givetheladachance