The East Fife Thread

Ayr have been on an upwards trajectory for the last 3 years. Clearly you need a manager who can provide continuity.  Darren Young, who needs a couple of years to build his own team probably isn't what the honest men need, it'd be 2 steps back for one step forward.

1 hour ago, Big Fifer said:

Regardless of what happens with DY, one thing's for sure. We as fans need to stop biting so goddamn hard at the wind ups from other clubs fans. Awful.

Quite right BF, Young will take over at EEP when Crawford gets his jotters.

Ayr have been on an upwards trajectory for the last 3 years. Clearly you need a manager who can provide continuity.  Darren Young, who needs a couple of years to build his own team probably isn't what the honest men need, it'd be 2 steps back for one step forward.

Sounds like we'd be better taking him as an assistant coach and reserve team manager, let him grow into it for a couple years then give him the big job.

#Ifwewanthimwe'lltakehim

If ayr did want DY he would have been appointed a week as soon as McCall returned to Maryhill road. My guess is if Sandy Stewart remains at Somerset park is a manager such as Owen Coyle to be drafted in and the long wait of candidates Lauchlan has put together im sure there's plenty other guys around that can manage a team like ayr.

I don't think he's in a rush to jump ship for a team already in the championship after putting a team of his own at Methil docks that could climb the same heights of ayr if we get promotion either by going for the league or via POs!!!

I'm on the same hyme sheet as to any other fifer on here and saying he's ours for keeps.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer
had to add to the already statement

5 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Higgins has been easily one of our best players since the start of the season. 

Yes, but I would also say he could be replaced. I'd be more disappointed if any of the other 9 outfield players were to go. Especially since most have been at the club longer and built up a great team relationship, that would be harder to replace. Anyway, no-one from the starting 11 is going anywhere. 

Story about DY in the record today and our chairman's response: 

The Daily Record [emoji23] newspapers like that have no idea about lower league football and only care about both sides of the ugly twins.

Even if Young was on a shortlist, I feel it would be quite difficult for smaller full time clubs like Ayr to entice a part time manager with a good job outside of football to go full time. The same could be said about players too mind you.

On 16/10/2019 at 21:23, King Kebab said:

And behind them alphabetically!!!

And just dismantled both at ease :thumsup2

4 hours ago, smuggfifer said:
On 16/10/2019 at 21:23, King Kebab said:

And behind them alphabetically!!!

And probably end the season behind them, statistically as well. Ayr are one of us seaside clubs, and nothing better. Live in a pile of rusty corrugated iron.

So it does appear Young has had an interview. Would be one of my choices, especially if it send you fifers over the edge :thumsup2

Even if Young was on a shortlist, I feel it would be quite difficult for smaller full time clubs like Ayr to entice a part time manager with a good job outside of football to go full time.

We don’t need to entice him. If he’s been interviewed (and it does appear that he has) then that’s because he’s actively applied for the job and definitely wants it.

We don’t need to entice him. If he’s been interviewed (and it does appear that he has) then that’s because he’s actively applied for the job and definitely wants it.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how big time do you feel coming on here acting the way you are [emoji23] I would be embarrassed. Your manager left you near the top of the league for a team at the bottom... Levels [emoji23]

On a scale of 1 to 10 how big time do you feel coming on here acting the way you are [emoji23] I would be embarrassed. Your manager left you near the top of the league for a team at the bottom... Levels [emoji23]

Our manager left us for a bigger club. Also a club with an emotional connection to him. That’s not the point.

I’m just pointing out that it’s not hard for us to entice your manager given he has actively applied for our job.

15 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

On a scale of 1 to 10 how big time do you feel coming on here acting the way you are emoji23.png I would be embarrassed. Your manager left you near the top of the league for a team at the bottom... Levels emoji23.png

An East Fife talking to an Ayr United fan about levels 😂